When your LG Sound Bar Bluetooth not pairing, it could mean more than one thing.
In this guide, we’ll be learning all about the connectivity situation of your soundbar, why it is not connecting, and what you could do by yourself to fix it.
Make sure to keep reading by the end of the guide to learn all the handy ways to troubleshoot your soundbar.
Let’s begin straight away!
To fix when the LG Soundbar is not pairing via Bluetooth, restart the Bluetooth of the connecting device and power cycle the soundbar.
After that, factory reset the soundbar, forget and re-add the unit from your phone’s settings and stay in the soundbar’s range.
To learn how to perform all of the following methods in proper detail, keep reading further!
Why Is My LG Soundbar Bluetooth Not Working?
Before we get into the guide, it’s best to learn why the LG Soundbar is not pairing properly and what could cause the problem.
To understand that in proper detail, we’ve extracted the most useful users’ opinions who were having the same issues that you’re going through right now.
Here’s why the LG Soundbar is refusing to pair via Bluetooth:
- You’re Standing Out of the Soundbar’s Range
- There’s a Software Problem with the Soundbar
- An Issue with your Phone’s Bluetooth Feature
- The Soundbar is Having Power Problems
- A Bluetooth Profile Issue with the Soundbar
This is what could mainly have a negative impact on your soundbar’s ability to host wireless connections with third-party devices.
To address all of the following causes and reasons, proceed with our troubleshooting guide!
LG Sound Bar Bluetooth Not Pairing – Fixed Easily!
After finding out more about your soundbar’s recurrent connectivity problems, we’re confident that’ll be able to fix the problem for you!
All that is expected from you is to follow the chronological order of our solutions and not skip any notes, tips, and alerts.
Solution #1 Set the Soundbar to “BT” (Bluetooth)
In order for the LG Soundbar to be able to connect via Bluetooth, you must set the device to “BT Mode”, otherwise known as “Bluetooth Mode”.
By setting your soundbar to the following feature, you’re enabling the soundbar’s capabilities of detecting and connecting wirelessly.
- By default, the soundbar is set to “AUX” in order to perform a wired connection!
Follow these instructions to set your LG Sound Bar to “BT” Mode and connect with the device:
- Make sure your soundbar is connected to power and turned on.
- Locate the “Mode” button, on the display of the soundbar.
- Keep pressing the button until the display shows “BT Mode”.
- Stop pressing the “Mode” button.
- Attempt to connect with the LG Soundbar.
This is how to make the LG Soundbar compatible with a wireless connection.
However, the unit will only be discoverable for third-party wireless devices, if the mode status shows “BT”.
Otherwise, the soundbar will not be detectable by your phone or whatever connecting device.
Note: The soundbar should appear with a name similar to “LG-HTS” in the Bluetooth settings.
Solution #2 Restart the Bluetooth Feature on your Phone
Perhaps the problem we’re looking for is with your mobile device, rather than the soundbar itself.
What you should try next is to perform a “Restart” of your phone’s Bluetooth feature.
By restarting the feature, you’ll reset the wireless connectivity of your phone, which could be the problem the soundbar isn’t pairing.
This is how to restart the Bluetooth feature:
- Open Settings on your mobile smartphone.
- Navigate to the “Bluetooth” tab.
- At the top of the page, look for the Bluetooth feature’s Activation Slider.
- Press the slider once, to turn it gray (which means ‘disabled’).
- Wait for 15-20 seconds.
- Re-activate the Bluetooth feature of your phone by pressing on the slider again.
- Attempt to connect with the LG Soundbar…
If the restart went successfully in regard to troubleshooting the problem, the soundbar should appear in the connections menu in the same Bluetooth tab.
All you have to do is press on the device to pair with it.
Notice: If the soundbar gets paired, its status will change to “Connected” in the Bluetooth list.
Solution #3 Power Cycle the Soundbar
Users reported that a Power Cycle has done well in resolving any connectivity problems of the soundbar.
In that set of thoughts, our next suggestion towards you is to perform the very same power cycling process to your soundbar, to resolve the Bluetooth issue.
This is how to bring your soundbar to a power cycle in a matter of minutes:
- Press the Power Switch on the LG Soundbar to shut the device down.
- Once the LG device has powered off completely, unplug the Power Adapter.
- Wait for 5 minutes, while the soundbar is unplugged from power.
- Re-attach the power cable of the device back into the electrical outlet.
- Check if the soundbar would pair now…
Once you’ve re-attached the power cable of the soundbar, turn on the device by pressing the power button again. Check if the mode of the soundbar is still set to “BT”.
Alert: If you haven’t kept the soundbar disconnected for long enough, it won’t power cycle.
Solution #4 Stand in the Soundbar’s Range
One of the reasons why the LG Soundbar keeps disconnecting Bluetooth, is when you’re moving out of the device’s range along with the connected device.
When a Bluetooth connection between your phone (or other Bluetooth device) and the soundbar has been performed, you must remain in the device’s range to maintain the connection.
This applies especially if you’ve connected with the device once and now you keep disconnecting.
- When connected to your soundbar, make sure your phone stays in a 15-meter radius
As long as the connected device remains in the soundbar’s range, there shouldn’t be any interruptions in regard to the Bluetooth connection established between the devices.
Tip: It’s best to place your phone on top of the soundbar or keep it close while holding it.
Solution #5 Forget & Re-Add the Soundbar
If the soundbar already exists in the Bluetooth settings of your mobile device, laptop, or another Bluetooth device, it’s best to forget and then re-add the LG device.
This is a quick way to settle connectivity issues related to the soundbar if you’re having them on only one device.
- Once connected with the soundbar, its profile will be added in your phone!
Follow these steps to forget and then re-add the soundbar from your Bluetooth settings:
- On the device, you’re using to connect with the soundbar, launch Settings.
- Navigate to Bluetooth.
- Scroll down to the “Bluetooth Devices List”.
- Seek out the soundbar’s connection (should start with “LG-HTS”).
- Press the “i” button next to the connection.
- Select “Forget this Device”.
- Spot the soundbar in the “Discoverable Devices” section.
- Connect with the soundbar…
If the soundbar does not appear in the “Discoverable Bluetooth Devices” section in the Bluetooth settings of your phone, restart the soundbar.
Note: You must press on the soundbar within the settings once, to connect with it.
Solution #6 Factory Reset the Soundbar
If nothing from our solutions worked out so far, you should perform a FULL RESET on the LG Soundbar, to target any functionality/connectivity issues with the unit.
It’s the best way to resolve problems with the pairing of the device since the factory reset is going to flush all settings of your soundbar.
In addition, it also works great when your soundbar is experiencing audio or power problems alongside connectivity issues.
This is how to factory reset your LG Sound in easy steps:
- Locate the ‘Power’ and ‘Volume Down’ buttons on the device.
- Tap and hold both of the buttons.
- Hold both buttons for 15 seconds as you begin counting whilst pressing them.
- Release the buttons after 10 seconds.
Once the factory reset has been triggered on your soundbar, it’ll take the unit around 30-40 seconds to finalize the reset. The display of the device should say “Resetting…”.
Alert: Do not interact with the soundbar while it is resetting. You could cancel the process!
Hence, whenever the LG Sound Bar Bluetooth not pairing, power cycle the soundbar and restart the Bluetooth feature on the device you’re connecting.
After that, make sure you stand in the soundbar’s Bluetooth range, forget and re-add the soundbar and reset it.
Follow us for more relevant guides!
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023