Can’t settle your LG Sound Bar volume problems? You should keep reading!
Volume issues on many soundbars originate from the same causes and share the same reasons for occurring.
We’ll provide you with a list of what has gone wrong with your soundbar and then troubleshoot it appropriately.
Let’s review the best solutions now!
To fix volume problems on an LG soundbar, Power Cycle the device and select it in the TV’s audio settings. Next, replace the HDMI cable and plug it into a different HDMI port. Finally, Hard Reset the TV and perform a Factory Reset on the LG soundbar.
To identify what are the volume problems on your LG soundbar, keep reading!
LG Sound Bar Volume Problems – Causes & Reasons
In order to settle the volume issues with your LG soundbar appropriately, you must first learn what could originate and cause them.
We have extracted a list, containing the shared reports of most users that experienced volume issues with LG soundbars.
Here’s what could be causing the volume problems!
- Volume Adjustments issues on the TV/soundbar
- Software Problems with the Software or the TV
- Incorrect Audio Settings on the included TV
- Fault in the HDMI Cables/Ports within your setup
A quick glance at the following causes should help you understand what causes volume issues on your LG soundbar generally.
Let’s now proceed to the troubleshooting part!
LG Sound Bar Volume Not Working – Best Resolutions!
We hope you were able to understand what type of volume issues could have struck your LG soundbar.
Follow our solutions in chronological order to succeed at troubleshooting!
Let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Power Cycle the LG Soundbar
Perhaps, an issue with the Power Supply has impacted your LG soundbar!
Most of the soundbar’s features are really dependent on whether the electricity supply is good or not.
There’s a great solution to any power surge issues with the device and the best way to deal with those is through a Power Cycle.
Let’s learn how to execute this process:
- Press the Power Button on your LG soundbar to shut it off.
- Once the device turns off, unplug the Power Cable.
- Disconnect the adapter’s other end.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the soundbar is completely disconnected from power.
- Reattach the power cable’s both ends (into the soundbar and power source).
- Press the Power Button on your soundbar to turn on the device.
- Wait for it to boot.
- Check if your soundbar outputs volume now.
It’s important to play something on your TV or connected device to measure the volume.
This is the only way to identify whether the sound has been fixed after the power cycle.
Tip: Keeping the LG soundbar unplugged for longer will also allow the device to cool down!
Solution #2 Turn Up Volume From Soundbar/TV
Quite frankly, there are Two Volume Sources that are adjustable in your setup.
- Volume could be adjusted from both the soundbar and the TV
Since the LG soundbar wires up to the TV, you could use the television’s remote to additionally adjust the volume.
However, the main volume control source is the Panel Buttons on the LG soundbar. There are both Volume + and Volume – on the soundbar.
- Get the TV’s remote and press the Volume Button 10 Times.
- Press the Volume/+ button on the soundbar 5-7 Times.
While pressing either of the Volume buttons, make sure to play something on your TV so you could test the sound.
Otherwise, you won’t know if the soundbar has an input or not.
Note: You could also maximize the audio setting on your TV to determine if there’s volume.
Solution #3 Adjust TV’s Audio Settings
Another way to fix the LG soundbar’s problem is to Adjust the TV’s Audio Settings.
On each smart TV unit, there are audio settings that allow the Selection of the Audio Output Device.
Walking out from that, if the soundbar hasn’t been selected in the settings of your TV, the volume will not work and the device won’t output anything.
Here’s how to adjust the TV”s audio settings correctly:
- Get your TVs Remote.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Head to Audio Settings.
- Press the “Output Audio Device” slider.
- Double-check if your LG soundbar is connected to the TV.
- Select the HDMI Source/LG Soundbar option.
- Wait for the new output device to be selected.
- Press “Save Changes”.
- Exit the settings tab of your TV.
Keep in mind that sometimes plugging a new device into your TV will automatically switch the default output device.
You’ll have to often check the audio settings in your TV settings.
Note: Once the LG soundbar is selected in the settings, play a broadcast to test.
Solution #4 Reconnect the Soundbar
Chances are that there is a Fault in the Connection between your LG soundbar and TV.
What we suggest doing next is reconnecting the LG soundbar from your TV and identifying visual damage inflicted on the HDMI cable.
It is not rare that the HDMI sits in an unnatural position for too long and gets its hardware twisted, which later results in a fault.
How to reconnect the LG soundbar from your TV:
- Unplug the HDMI Cable from your TV.
- Disconnect the Other End of the HDMI cable from the soundbar.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Reinstall the HDMI Adapter back into the TV and soundbar.
Next, we will identify noticeable damage inflicted on the HDMI in your setup!
How to Check LG Soundbar HDMI Cable?
Here’s how to tell if the LG soundbar’s HDMI cable is faulty:
- Check Both Ends of the HDMI cable
- Carefully examine the Lead of the HDMI cable
- Identify issues on the HDMI Ports
- Inspect your LG Soundbar & TV HDMI Entries
In case you’ve noticed a fault in the HDMI cable, you’ll need a replacement unit ASAP.
Tip: Find a reliable HDMI cable to buy at the bottom of the guide!
Solution #5 Use a Different HDMI Port
If the problem with your LG soundbar hasn’t been resolved by now, you should connect the device to an Alternative HDMI Port.
Over time, HDMI ports could get damaged, especially if you plug/unplug cables from them often.
On each TV, there are at least 3 HDMI ports (one of which is ARC for audio) you could use for third-party devices of your choice.
Here’s how to install the soundbar in a different HDMI:
- Turn OFF your LG Soundbar.
- Disconnect the HDMI from your TV.
- Localize an Alternative HDMI Port to connect the LG Soundbar.
- Plug the device into the new HDMI port.
- Grab your TV Remote.
- Head into the TV’s Audio Settings.
- Navigate to “Default Output Device”.
- Select the new HDMI source that has the soundbar.
- Exit the tab.
Before plugging the soundbar into the new HDMI source, ensure it has no obstructions, and check whether the cable goes all the way in.
Especially on new TVs, HDMI ports could have Protection Buttons that must be removed, before we can plug anything in.
Note: If the HDMI port was used before, make sure it is free of debris!
Solution #6 Reset the LG Soundbar
Performing a Factory Reset on the LG soundbar will clear up any software issues!
This is our most powerful solution so far and is recommended by most of the users who had this problem.
It has great functionality against bugs with the soundbar and manages to erase all corrupted settings and options of the device.
Let’s learn how to execute a reset!
How to reset an LG soundbar:
- Ensure your soundbar is Plugged In.
- Locate the Bluetooth and Input Button on your soundbar.
- Press and hold Both Buttons at the same time.
- Hold the buttons for 10 Seconds.
- Once this time has elapsed, let go of both buttons.
- Give your soundbar 1-2 minutes to complete the reset.
While your soundbar is in the reset state, make sure not to Unplug or Turn OFF the device.
This will cancel the reset and could result in further problems with the device.
Some models of LG soundbars could Blink Twice if the reset was a success as a notification.
Note: If your soundbar doesn’t seem to reset, repeat the process correctly!
Thus, to fix when an LG soundbar’s volume isn’t working, Power Cycle the device and select it as an audio device in the TV settings. Next, replace the HDMI cable and use a different HDMI port on your TV. Finally, perform a Factory Reset on the LG Soundbar.
In this guide, we’ve learned all of the LG Sound Bar volume problems and how to fix them in easy steps.
Although our solutions will work most of the time, if the issue persists for you, you should turn your back to LG for more assistance.
Need a new HDMI cable for your LG soundbar?
We strongly recommend the Monster Premium 8K High-Speed HDMI Cable at an approachable price right now!
Enjoy your LG soundbar at the crispiest quality of sound possible with no interruptions in the volume!
- How To Add LG TV To Homekit? – Complete Steps - March 21, 2023
- Lutron App Not Working? – Complete Fix Guide - March 21, 2023
- Geeni Camera Offline and Worried? – Easy Solutions - March 21, 2023