Wondering why is LG Subwoofer blinking green fast? Keep reading to know!
You can create a home theater setup by combining LG Soundbar with Subwoofer.
The blinking green light indicates that the Subwoofer attempts to pair with the Soundbar.
In some cases, this blinking green light keeps being there for a long time, showing that something is wrong!
A fast blinking green light on the LGSubwoofer means that the device keeps trying to discover the Soundbar. When you turn on the Subwoofer, it automatically starts scanning for the Soundbar and turns to solid green when the pairing is completed.
In case the green light continues to blink, you’ll need a solution guide. Let’s learn more!
Why Is LG Wireless Subwoofer Blinking Green?
The only reason for the continuously blinking green light is that the Subwoofer cannot detect the Soundbar signal for pairing.
Whenever the LG Subwoofer turns on, it automatically pairs with the Soundbar and the blinking green turns to solid green.
When the blinking green light is continuous, here’s what could be wrong:
- Incidental Connection Issue
- Soundbar and Subwoofer are too far away
- Wireless Signal Interference
- Pairing Mode Not Enabled
- Software-related LG Soundbar Issue
In case the Subwoofer’s green fast light blinks continuously, it indicates that the Soundbar is not paired with the Subwoofer.
The problem could be in either of the parties involved and to solve the problem, we’re going to insect ALL possibilities!
Let’s jump right in!
How To Fix LG Subwoofer Blinking Green Fast?
If you see a fast flashing green light on the LG Subwoofer, the Subwoofer is waiting for the LG Soundbar to respond.
If the light continuously flashes for a long time, then you need to help the connection by manual interaction.
Let’s jump into the first solution!
Solution #1 Power Cycle Audio System!
The first and quick solution you must attempt is resetting your Subwoofer and Soundbar soft simultaneously.
Restarting the entire audio system will remove any glitches or problems within the devices, and then Subwoofer will discover the Soundbar.
Here is how to power cycle your Subwoofer:
- Turn OFF your audio system!
- Unplug the Subwoofer & Soundbar from the power!
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Plug both devices back into a power outlet.
Assuming that both devices were not connected previously, the green light will start flashing on your Subwoofer.
This is normal for at least a couple of minutes until the light becomes solid, indicating a successful connection.
In case that doesn’t happen, continue with the next solution!
Solution #2 Close Proximity (Wireless)
If your Subwoofer is connecting to your Soundbar via Bluetooth, you’ll need to close the proximity between both instances.
- The Soundbar must be placed within 10ft of the Subwoofer!
Moving your Soundbar near the Subwoofer is necessary because they cannot get a solid wireless connection if they are far away.
So, if your Soundbar is placed far from the Subwoofer, then take it near the Subwoofer and wait for the flashing green to become solid.
Tip: To enable the Pairing Mode, press and hold the Pairing button for 5 seconds!
Solution #3 Clear Interference (Wireless)
The signal could be blocked when your LG Soundbar and Subwoofer are close to each other, but the green light is still blinking continuously.
Various factors of interference could potentially be the culprit for all this fuss.
Here is the list of interference devices that may be the cause of the signal issues:
- PC / Laptops
- Intelligent audio and video devices
- Bluetooth/WiFi Receivers
It’s essential to clear any potential interference and ensure that the line of sight between your LG Soundbar and Subwoofer is clear.
Remove any obstructions that are covering your audio system devices and re-attempt to pair them.
Alert: Double-check if your LG Soundbar is turned ON while attempting the pairing.
Solution #4 Enable Soundbar “Pairing Mode”
We’ve learned that the blinking green light on your LG Subwoofer means that the device is ready to pair and searching for the LG Soundbar.
However, when the “Pairing Mode” on your LG Soundbar is not enabled, the Subwoofer will never be able to discover and pair to the device!
Here is how you can enable pairing mode on your LG Soundbar:
- Plug in the LG Soundbar to the power source.
- Turn ON the LG Soundbar.
- Take a Soundbar remote and tap on the Function button.
- You will see the blinking light on the BT icon on the Soundbar.
- Now the Soundbar will switch to Pairing Mode.
After enabling pairing mode, turn on the Subwoofer, and within seconds, your Soundbar will be paired with the Subwoofer.
It’s normal for the green light to be flashing for about 30 seconds, but after that, the light should turn solid. This is when both devices are connected.
Tip: In case the BT Icon on the Soundbar does not blink, power cycle the device!
Solution #5 Connect Subwoofer To Soundbar (Manually)
If the above troubleshooting methods didn’t help, we can manually connect the LG Soundbar to the Subwoofer. Yes, you can easily do this within minutes so let’s learn more!
Here is how you can connect the LG Subwoofer to LG Soundbar manually:
- Turn on the LG Soundbar and LG Subwoofer.
- Press the Volume down (-) button from the remote.
- Keep holding the button until a red light illuminates the Soundbar.
- Within 3 seconds, the red light will start flashing.
- Press and hold the Unmute button on the remote for about 3 seconds.
- On the LG Subwoofer and press the Pairing button.
- You will see a red and green flashing light when both devices disconnect.
- Now unplug the Soundbar and Subwoofer from the power source for about 60 seconds.
- Upon reconnecting them, the Subwoofer will automatically pair with the Soundbar.
- A solid green light appears on the Subwoofer.
When the manual connection is over, both devices will pair automatically when turned on.
The green light will always blink at first, but in a couple of moments, it should turn solid as an indication of a working pairing.
Solution #6 Factory Reset LG Soundbar
Sometimes the connection problem is not in the Subwoofer but in the LG Soundbar.
If you’re still stuck with the blinking green light, we need to perform a Factory Reset.
The LG Subwoofer can’t really be reset since the issues mainly come from the LG Soundbar, the heart of your setup.
It’s essential to keep in mind that the reset will erase ALL saved settings and remembered connections. That means you’ll need to undertake the initial setup!
Here is how to factory reset the LG Soundbar in easy steps:
- Plug in the LG Soundbar to a power source.
- Turn ON the device!
- Press and hold the Sound Effect and Volume Down buttons.
- Hold the buttons simultaneously for 30 seconds.
- You should see an E-CLR button flashing on the Soundbar (depending on the model).
- The reset process will automatically start.
- As the process completes, your device will get back to default settings.
After resetting the Soundbar and Subwoofer, they can pair freshly.
If your devices are still unable to discover and pair, then there may be complex problems we can’t solve at home.
For professional assistance, reach out to the LG Support Team for help.
They can further assist you in a sort of repair, replacement, or any other troubleshooting methods.
Perhaps that’s your chance to activate and use your warranty for a replacement home audio system!
Note: Don’t forget to let them know what you’ve already attempted to save as much time as possible!
Whenever your LG Subwoofer blinks in green light and your devices are not pairing, perform a Power Cycle on the entire audio system Next, ensure to place the Soundbar near the Subwoofer for optimal wireless connection or Factory Reset the Soundbar.
In this guide, we have covered all about LG Subwoofer blinking fast green light.
Now we know that this light indicates a pairing problem, and we now know how to solve the issue in no time.
We’ve learned that the solution only requires a thorough inspection of our audio setup!
We hope that this guide was helpful and for more relevant content, check our blog!
- Blink Live View Not Supported? – Complete Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- Chefman Electric Kettle Won’t Turn On? – Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- How to Fix Nanit Night Vision Not Working? – Complete Fix! - December 3, 2022