When the iHome speaker no sound problem appears, even when both devices appear to be connected via Bluetooth, then the problem could be related to something else.
To fix the issue where the iHome speaker has no sound, you should first power cycle the device and get both instances in close proximity. Proceed with increasing the volume on both your iHome speaker and source and then test with a different device.
Here are the reasons why your iHome speaker is connected but the sound is gone:
1. Bluetooth Signal is Weak
Moving too far away from your iHome speaker while connected may cause the sound to disappear.
2. iHome has No Power
Another cause for the sound problem could be that your iHome speaker isn’t getting any power.
3. Volume is Too Low
As basic as it sounds, the volume of your iHome speaker may be lowered too much or entirely muted.
4. iHome is Paired with Another Device
The Bluetooth of your iHome speaker may be active, but not with the device you’re playing audio from.
5. A Hardware Problem with the Speaker
As intended, a hardware problem with the speaker may also prevent it from playing any music/audio.
Note: Your iHome speaker does not have sound because one of the above causes is present.
To solve the problem you should use the method of exclusion and this is exactly what our solution guide is intended for.
By following the order of our solutions you will exclude ALL possibilities one by one until you discover and solve the problem.
Audio loss is mainly happening due to a weak Bluetooth connection. The connection itself relies on the distance between your connected device and the speaker.
Therefore, if you’re standing too far away from the speaker, the Bluetooth connection will become weak and your speaker’s audio will be lost.
For this solution, move closer (2-3 meters)from the speaker, while holding the connected device.
Additionally, double-check if your phone is playing music or audio so you can test the speaker out.
Tip: While testing, attempt playing audio from a different device.
You should increase the volume of your iHome speaker or source device to fix the sound problem.
We included this solution because the volume of your iHome speaker is controlled from 2 instances.
You can boost the volume from the speaker itself and the device you have paired the speaker to.
Here are the two ways for increasing the volume of your iHome speaker:
Go over to your iHome speaker and press the right-most button (the plus button) 5-10 times. Ensure that you hear a click upon pressing the button.
If you’ve paired your phone or tablet to the speaker, you must also increase the device’s volume itself.
Since it’s a Bluetooth connection, the audio’ levels are also operated by the device itself.
On the side panel of your phone or tablet, there should be a volume control button and you must press the Volume + 5-10 times.
Note: With iPhones, you should check whether the “mute” button is ON/OFF.
A quick solution against trouble with the power supply of your iHome speaker is the power cycle.
This will completely discharge your speaker and will fix any problems that are related to the electricity supply or the current OS state.
A power cycle is done easily, and here are the instructions:
- Connect the speaker to the charging base or adapter.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the speaker is charging.
- Disconnect the speaker from the charger.
- Hold the power button for 2-3 seconds to shut the device off.
- Turn on your speaker.
- Pair it with your phone.
Alert: Ensure that your speaker’s LED indicator displays successful charging while the device is plugged with the adapter.
Another solution to address the Bluetooth signal is to forget and then re-add the iHome from your device.
This solution is recommended for all Bluetooth-running devices and has the best functionality when it comes to solving weak signal strength.
Here’s how to forget iHome and then reconnect it to your phone:
- Open the settings of your device.
- Navigate to “Wireless” and tap “Bluetooth” or just locate a Bluetooth tab.
- Once there, go to “Active connections”.
- Locate the connection with your iHome speaker.
- Tap on the “Forget this device” button from the info tab.
- Next, go over to your iHome speaker.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 2 seconds.
- On your device, tap the iHome’s connection in the “Discoverable” section.
- Test your iHome speaker.
Notice: You will have to replay music or audio from the phone when forgetting and then re-adding your iHome speaker.
When the iHome speaker no sound problem appears, the network settings of your paired device may be causing the problem with the Bluetooth signal.
Many users have suggested that reverting the network settings and erasing all the wireless connections data will solve the audio problem with the iHome speaker.
Here’s how to reset the network settings of your device in easy steps:
- On your device, head to the settings.
- Tap on “Wireless” or go to “Reset” for iPhones.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the tab to press “Reset Network Settings”.
- Confirm all of the prompts and wait for the network settings to be reset.
- Reconnect with your iHome speaker.
- Test the audio.
Alert: Resetting all network settings will cause your device to disconnect and forget all WiFi networks and Bluetooth connections.
Finally, you should perform a factory reset on your iHome speaker.
For the job, you will need a paperclip or something sharp to stick it into the iHome speaker’s pinhole to press the reset button.
Check out the following instructions to understand how to reset your iHome speaker:
- Ensure that your speaker is up and running.
- Grab the sharp and thin tool that you acquired earlier.
- On the back of the speaker, locate the reset pinhole.
- Reach inside the pinhole.
- Hold it down for 3 seconds.
- Take the thin object out.
- Wait for the device to be reset.
Note: Resetting your iHome speaker will cause it to disconnect from your phone.
Thus, to fix the problem when the iHome speaker has no sound you should first inspect and re-establish the Bluetooth connection. Next, you should unmute and increase the volume on both devices and if that doesn’t help, you should factory reset the iHome speaker.
Read Next: How To Connect Alexa To iHome Speaker?
When iHome speaker no sound problem appears, the first thing you should check is whether the source device has disconnected.
The Bluetooth is a fragile connection that could be interrupted easily, only by 1 wall and several meters distance.
From there on, you can use our solution guide to attempt each workaround and determine where the problem was coming from.
We hope that this post was helpful and if you’re looking for more “how-to” guides, make sure to check our online technical blog.
- Bosch Dishwasher Not Cleaning Well? – Here’s How to Fix - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Shark Robot Vacuum Error 9 Easily? - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Wyze Plug Flashing Blue Light? – Complete Guide - November 24, 2022