Whenever the iHome app not working there are quite a few things to inspect, including your iW1 speaker.
The iHome application, only available for the iOS operating system, could be broken in a different way.
In case it does not open or simply delivers a black screen, the focus should land on the application itself.
As far as connectivity problems with the iW1, the target should be the speaker device.
When the iHome app is not working, you should start with restarting the app and updating both the iOS of your device and application firmware. Then you should clear the cache data, and clean installing the iHome application.
Now that the fix is revealed, let’s jump into the solution guide and help you not only solve but also discover the origin of the problem.
In case the application is not opening or you’ve lost control over your iW1 speaker, the solutions below will definitely help.
Make sure to apply them in consecutive order for the best results in troubleshooting.
Let’s start with the fastest solutions first:
Before executing time-consuming solutions, you should first attempt to simply force close the iHome app and then relaunch it on your iOS device.
This process only takes about 30 seconds and if you follow our instructions carefully, the problem should be solved.
Here’s how to force close and then relaunch the iHome app on your iOS device:
- On your Apple device, press the home button once while within the iHome app.
- Next, hit the home button twice to open all running applications.
- Slide only the iHome app to remove it or repeat for all open apps.
- From your device’s home screen, press the iHome app to open it.
Note: Give your Apple device a minute once the iHome app is removed from the memory before launching it again.
Version is what really brings the most trouble with all mobile applications.
In fact, running an outdated version of a certain application (such as iHome) can prevent you from using some of the newest features.
In that regard, your next step should be to update the iHome app and here’s how to do it:
- Close the iHome app if it is still running.
- Go to the App Store.
- Tap the search field once.
- Write “iHome” in that manner.
- Tap on the first original iHome app result (should have over 2 million downloads).
- Select the “Update” button from the info screen upon you.
- Wait for the application to be updated to the latest available version.
- Open the iHome app and test.
Alert: Updating iHome will log off out of your account and you’ll need to log in.
Users suggested that a hard reboot on your Apple device might be able to solve the issue with your iHome app.
A hard reboot isn’t as complex as it sounds, since all you have to do is shut down the phone and wait for some time before turning it back on.
Here are the instructions for hard resetting your Apple device:
- Grab your Apple device that has iHome installed.
- Locate the power button of the device, situated on the side panel.
- Hold the power button down for 3 seconds.
- Once the power prompt appears on your screen, swipe right.
- Wait for 5 minutes while your phone is shut down.
- Start the Apple device by holding the power button for 5-10 seconds.
Tip: While the phone is off, plug it into the charger and unplug it before turning it on.
If you’re experiencing a different problem with your iHome app, rather than a simple black screen, there most likely is a connectivity problem with the iW1 speaker.
If that’s the case, the best thing you can do so far is reboot the iW1 device.
Here are detailed instructions on restarting your iW1 speaker:
- Go over to your iW1 speaker.
- Remove the AC jack and unplug it from the device.
- Slide the power switch on the rear end of the iW1 to the OFF position.
- Standby for 30 seconds with the device being shut down.
- Slide the switch once again, towards the ON side to start the device up.
- Check the iHome app’ status.
Tip: If this didn’t solve the connectivity problem, re-add the iW1 speaker from the settings.
The app cache your Apple device has could be the cause of the problem with the iHome app.
Fortunately, Apple has made it possible for you to erase any stored app cache that causes slow loading or bad functionality with your applications.
Here’s how to erase all of the app’s cache in easy steps:
- Open the settings prompt of your device.
- Tap on your name.
- Go to iCloud.
- Select Manage Storage.
- Choose an application.
- Highlight “Delete Data”.
- Press the confirm button.
- Repeat for each application you wish the cache to be cleared.
Note: It’s not possible to clean the entire cache at once. You will have to individually repeat this process for all of your installed applications.
As you probably figured, reinstalling the iHome application is what you should attempt as your last-resort effort to get this problem solved.
If the problem has anything to do with corrupted data or failed updates, reinstalling is definitely your way to go.
Here’s how to quickly reinstall the iHome application on your Apple device:
- On your Apple device, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and begin searching for the iHome app.
- Once found, tap on it and choose the blue “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the removal of the iHome app.
- Quickly head to the app store and write “iHome” in the search field.
- Tap on the first iHome app result.
- Choose “Download”.
- Wait for iHome to download.
- Access iHome and test.
Now when the application is fresh the problem should no longer be there. If now everything works, then the application might have been corrupted.
Alert: Uninstalling iHome will cause you to log off your account. If you’ve forgotten any login credentials, tap on “I forgot my password/username”.
Thus, to solve the problem with the iHome applications, begin with reinstalling the entire application which in turn, will update it to the latest version. Then clear the cache data for the iHome application in your device’s settings and conclude by hard-resetting your device.
Read Next: How To Fix iHome Speaker No Sound Issue?
Whenever the iHome app not working then something is wrong either with your phone or the application itself.
Using our solution guide you should be able to get one step closer to discovering the problem if not entirely solving it.
In case nothing worked you can always seek more help online or visit the iHome support page.
We hope that you were able to fix the iHome application issue and if you’re interested in more solution guides, make sure to check our online technical blog.
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023