Wondering how to stop Feit light from blinking? It’s really, really easy!
The Feit Bulb flickering might be annoying so in this guide, we’ll solve the issue in minutes!
Uncontrollable blinking could mean that the Feit Light Bulb is in pairing mode or the power of the device is fluctuating. We can stop the blinking by changing the light socket, resetting the bulb, and re-programming the device to the mobile app.
Let’s learn the reason why the bulb is flickering in the first place!
Why Is My Feit Smart Bulb Flickering?
If your Feit Electric smart bulb is flickering, then this problem could be reviewed for multiple causes.
Several factors could affect your bulb’s lightning mechanism and cause it to flicker.
Those could be power issues, connection drops, and even a hardware impact.
Here’s what could cause the Feit Electric bulb to flicker in weird patterns:
- There’s an issue with the Light Socket
- The bulb is incorrectly installed
- An issue with the Dimmer Switch (Brightness)
- Connection Issues or App Software Problems!
- AC Line Power Fluctuations!
Although all of these causes could be responsible for the problem in your situation, rarely, this problem is caused by a hardware malfunction.
If this flickering has been happening lately without you doing anything to the bulb at all, it’s best to test with another bulb!
There is much you can do at home so let’s jump right in and solve the problem in no time!
How to Fix When Feit Electric Smart Bulb Blinking?
The flickering light on a Feit bulb could mean several different aspects as we’ve already mentioned, therefore the solution requires addressing each of them.
It’s important to follow the order of our guide and not to skip anything to be as efficient as possible!
Let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Adjust the Minimum Brightness
Your Feit light bulb is most likely flickering due to issues with the minimum brightness.
Assuming that you have enabled the smart features for your bulb, the minimum brightness is an adjustable setting that controls the brightness aspect of the light.
Any issues with the ambiance or the setting itself could cause the light to flicker. Let’s learn more!
To adjust the minimum brightness within the Feit Electric app, follow these instructions:
- On your mobile device, launch the Feit Electric App.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Scroll down a bit and search for the Brightness Slider.
- Make sure you stand close to your Feit bulb so you can notice it’s flickering.
- Begin adjusting the minimum brightness until you no longer see flickering.
- Save the changes made to the brightness and exit the Feit Electric app.
Note: Your Feit bulb may either require boosted brightness or lowered brightness to stop flickering.
Solution #2 Power Reset the Bulb
Power issues could also be causing your Feit Electric bulb to flicker and blink in strange, uncontrolled patterns.
This is when the device is unable to withdraw enough electricity from the socket to support its brightness and can’t continue operating normally.
A power reset will help your bulb for this particular issue and here’s how to do it:
- Go to the bulb’s light switch and make sure that it is on the “OFF” side.
- Get an object to step on that will help you reach the Bulb.
- Once you’re within reach of the bulb, unscrew it from the light socket.
- Wait for 5 Minutes while the bulb is removed from the socket.
- Screw the bulb tightly with clockwise rotation.
Once the bulb is in the socket, turn the light on and watch for flickering. Again, test by playing with the Feit Bulb Brightness to determine whether this will help.
Alert: Do not over-tighten the bulb since this could damage the light’s socket.
Solution #3 Use a Different Light Socket
Even though it is unlikely, a particular problem with the light socket could be making your Feit Electric bulb blink weirdly.
This solution, same as with the power reset, will help your bulb recover its electric flow but for that purpose, you must install the device elsewhere.
- Find another light socket, if possible, in another room (on another fuse)!
Then turn on the light and check whether the bulb is flickering. In case the weird behavior continues, now is the time to inspect our AC line.
Grab a normal 12 V bulb and test the same light sockets that you’ve used for the Feit Bulb. Check for flickering.
In case the problem appears even on another bulb, the reason is clear and you should wait for the power insufficiency to restore.
This often happens after a power outage!
Note: It’s important to use a proven-to-work light socket so make sure to test this as well.
Solution #4 Reconnect the Feit Bulb
If you still don’t know how to stop Feit light from blinking, there are some occasions that the bulb would flicker because it is in pairing mode.
By default, Feit Electric bulbs will blink in patterns whenever they are discoverable and ready for installation and connection.
If your Feit bulb is still blinking, perhaps it’s not paired with the app!
Here’s how to reconnect your Feit Electric bulb in case it got unpaired:
- Launch the Feit Electric App.
- From the home screen, go to “Add Device”.
- Manually select the type of your bulb and proceed to the next section.
- Choose “EZ Mode” on the upcoming prompt page.
- Choose a 2.4GHz WiFi Network to set up your Feit bulb with.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish the pairing.
Now when the Feit Bulb is paired to the app, play with the settings and the brightness to determine whether the flickering is gone.
In case the issue is still there, proceed further!
Notice: The Feit Smart Bulb will not connect to a 5Ghz network broadband WiFi.
Solution #5 Uninstall & Install the Feit Electric App
If there’s an issue with the Feit Electric app (or the connection between the bulb and your phone), the flickering could be one of the follow-up issues.
Your chances at resolving the issue at this point are to reinstall the Feit Electric app from your smart/mobile device.
Then you’ll need to carry out the setup process from the start!
Follow these instructions to get the Feit Electric application reinstalled:
- On the phone/device that you have the Feit app installed on, go to Settings.
- Head to the Applications section.
- Locate the Feit Electric App from the list of apps.
- Choose “Uninstall” next to “Device Functions”.
- Wait for the Feit app to be removed from your device.
- Download and install the Feit Electric app from your device’s app store.
- Launch the app and sign Into your Account.
- Go to “Add Device” and complete the bulb setup once again.
- Check if the bulb is still going to flicker.
Notice: Deleting the Feit Electric app will cause all settings and features to be reset.
Solution #6 Factory Reset your Feit Light Bulb
If nothing from our solutions worked out for you so far, then we suggest performing a factory reset on the device.
This is going to flush the bulb’ software and resolve any firmware glitches that are causing the device to blink in strange patterns.
This is the most powerful and proven to help method against any problems with the Feit Light Bulb so it’s worth the shot.
There is nothing to be hesitant about so let’s jump right in!
A factory reset on your Feit Electric bulb is done the following way:
- Make sure that the bulb is securely installed into a light socket and receives power.
- Go over to the bulb’s Light Switch.
- Turn on the light for 1 Second.
- Turn off the light immediately after.
- Repeat this process 3 Consecutive Times.
- The bulb will indicate a successful reset by Flashing Rapidly a couple of times.
Now with the fresh restore, the bulb should be blinking until you pair the device to the app.
When the connection is done, the Feit Bulb should no longer be flickering!
Alert: A factory reset on your bulb is going to erase ALL software configurations!
Hence, the Feit Light Bulb is flickering because of power fluctuations or because the device is not paired with the app. We also learned that sometimes the brightness has to be adjusted for the bulb to stop blinking in weird patterns.
Now that we know how to stop Feit light from blinking we can enjoy the light’s functionality without anything disturbing us.
In case the blinking continues only with your Feit Bulb, you might need to use the warranty or purchase a new bulb.
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023