Wondering why the Feit Electric Light Bulb not connecting to a source device?
The Feit Electric Light Bulb will not be able to connect when the source device is not connected to a 2.4Ghz network broadband or the Light Socket is malfunctioning.
Users should reset the Feit Bulb in order to learn more about the problem.
Let’s next learn how to properly connect a Feit Electric Light Bulb to a source device!
How to Connect a Feit Electric Light Bulb?
When the Feit Smart Bulb not connecting, perhaps you’re performing the setup incorrectly.
This is why we will guide you through the correct setup process for your smart/electric bulb so you don’t let any mistakes slip by.
To hook up your Feit electric light bulb, follow these instructions:
- On your mobile device, launch the Feit Electric App.
- From the app’s home screen, press the “Add Device” button.
- Press “Manually Add Your Device”.
- Select “EZ Mode”.
- From the list of WiFi networks, choose your Home’s WiFi.
- Insert the password.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to finalize the setup.
While completing the setup for your Feit Electric Bulb, make sure that your mobile phone or device is in at least 10-meter range of the bulb.
This is the minimum requirement for the application to scan for the bulb and connect it to the WiFi.
Note: The closer you keep both devices together throughout the guide, the better!
How to Fix Feit Electric Light Bulb Not Connecting?
The solution to the “not connecting” problem includes addressing each possibility in a straightforward manner.
Sadly, this is the only way to identify the cause of the problem so make sure to have at least 10 minutes of time, and let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Restart The Device!
The first thing you should do is restart your device.
When the Feit Electric bulb fails to connect, this most likely tends to be an issue with your smartphone or another device.
The restart will refresh the device’s software and clear potential issues!
Here’s how to reset your mobile device in easy-to-follow steps:
- Exit the Feit Electric App if it is still open.
- Press and hold the Power Button on the side panel of your phone.
- Once the power menu appears, choose “Restart”.
- Wait for the phone to turn off and then reboot.
- Once the phone restarts, Start the Feit App.
When you’re ready, it’s time to test connecting the Feit Electric Bulb. In case the setup fails, we should shift our attention toward the bulb and proceed with the next solution!
Tip: If your source device is running low on battery, plug it into the charger!
Solution #2 Power Cycle the Bulb
A great way to refresh the power of your Feit Electric Bulb and resolve any issues is the Power Cycle process.
What this process does, is discharge the power of your bulb and refresh the software that connects with the mobile application.
Follow these instructions to perform a power cycle on your Feit bulb:
- Flip the light switch to the OFF Position.
- Once the bulb shuts down, grab an object to help you reach the Bulb.
- Unscrew the bulb from the light slot.
- Put the bulb in a Safe Position, so it doesn’t get damaged while unscrewed.
- Wait for 5 Minutes without interacting with the bulb in any way.
- Once that time has elapsed, re-install the bulb into the same light socket.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Note: After the power cycle, you will have to perform the setup process through the Feit Electric app again to check if the issue is resolved.
Solution #3 Connect to a 2.4GHz Network
So far, Feit Electric bulbs are only compatible with a 2GHz WiFi Network.
If you were attempting to hook up the bulb to a 5GHz home WiF, the process will keep failing or the bulb will just refuse to finalize the setup with a 5GHz network.
How to Check the Type of My Network?
If you’re not clear about how much GHz your network is, here’s how to check:
- On your mobile device, go to Settings > WiFi.
- Connect with your Home Network.
- Go to “Network Statistics” on the same page.
- At “Frequency” check if it is 2.4GHz or 5GHz.
If your network turns out to be 5GHz, you will have to create a 2.4GHz.
Follow the guide down below to learn how:
How to Create a 2.4GHz Network?
- Get a desktop computer or a Laptop.
- Hook up the device to your home’s WiFi.
- In the Windows startup menu, type “CMD”.
- Once in the CMD, type “ipconfig”.
- From the lines that appeared below, copy the Default Gateway.
- Paste the gateway’s value in your Browser.
- Use “Admin” for both username and password login for your router’s settings.
- Go to the “Network” tab.
- Set the value for your new network and follow the instructions to host it.
Note: Once you’ve hosted the new network, complete the Feit bulb setup again, but this time connect it to the new 2.4GHz network.
Solution #4 Use Different Light Socket
Perhaps, your Feit Electric bulb could be having power insufficiency. Power issues with electric bulbs could most often be caused by a malfunctioning light socket.
If your Feit bulb’s power is constantly being cut off, it will not be able to securely hook up with the Feit app.
Find a new light socket for your Feit Electric Bulb and test it!
Use the light switch to turn on the power to the socket and then attempt the Feit app bulb setup all over again.
In case the process still fails, maybe the problem is in the application.
Notice: Proceed only if you’ve confirmed that the light socket is functional.
Solution #5 Reinstall the Feit Electric App
An issue with the Feit Electric app could be preventing your bulb from securely hooking up with the WiFi and working properly.
A great solution to this problem is to uninstall the application from your device and then download it again from the app store.
Follow these instructions to properly reinstall the Feit Electric app from your device:
- Go to the Settings of your smartphone or another device.
- Head to the “Storage” section.
- Press the “Applications” tab.
- Use the search field to type “Feit” and locate the app.
- Once you’ve found the app, Uninstall It.
- Wait for the Feit app to be removed.
- Open the App Store of your device.
- Use the search field again to locate the Feit app in the app store.
- Download the Feit app, install it and sign in with your profile.
Important: If you get prompted, make sure to allow automatic updates!
Solution #6 Reset the Feit Electric Bulb
If nothing worked so far, then a reset for your Feit Electric bulb is at hand. A reset works reverting the operating system back to factory settings (initial state).
It is mainly focused on the software, rather than the power flow and the hardware so it’s worth the attempt.
Alert: The reset will disconnect your Feit Electric bulb from all services!
- To perform a reset turn ON and OFF the Feit Bulb 3 times in a row!
Once this is done, your bulb is going to indicate that the reset was successful with a couple of rapid flashes.
When the reset is over, scroll back to the beginning of this guide and follow the steps to connect the device to a source.
Note: The reset only takes around 10-15 seconds!
Feit Electric Bulb Still Not Connecting…
In case you’ve attempted everything from the aforementioned guide but nothing managed to help establish a connection, the next step is to seek help from Feit professionals.
Find more information about your problem and help on the Feit Contact Us Page.
To receive customer support, you can contact them on their live line from 8 AM to 5 PM PST from Monday to Friday.
Report your problem and don’t forget to share what you’ve already attempted in this post to save time.
Thus, the Feit Light Bulb can’t connect to the source device due to power income issues which are often related to the light socket. We also learned that a 2.4Ghz broadband WiFi should be used for the host device in order for the Feit Bulb to connect.
Here we’ve learned everything about why the Feit Electric Light Bulb not connecting to a source device and how to solve the problem in a matter of minutes!
We hope that this post was very helpful!
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023