Don’t know how to connect Wyze camera to Echo show? Let’s connect together!
No matter which streaming device you are using, whether it is an Echo Show, Echo Spot, or Fire TV, the connection is easy.
Today, we will discuss how you connect your Wyze camera to the Echo Show in a step-by-step guide where you can’t go wrong.
Let’s learn more!
To connect the Wyze camera to Echo Show you need to enable the Wyze Skill in the Amazon Alexa app where your Echo Show is connected. The dedicated skill will make your Wyze camera discoverable by the app and you can connect both units with ease!
Let’s explore how Wyze cameras and Echo Shows can work together!
How To See Wyze Cam On Echo Show?
Wyze cameras can easily connect to Alexa-enabled devices such as Echo Show.
By connecting the camera to Echo, you can watch your Wyze cam live streaming.
The connection happens through the Amazon Alexa app, which has to discover your Wyze camera and connect.
The Wyze Skill has to be enabled in the app for the Wyze cam to be discoverable!
When you enable Wyze skill, then you can operate your Echo devices by using vocal commands.
Wyze skill is owned by Wyze but is protected, meaning that nobody besides you, will be able to access your camera’s footage.
Let’s next learn how to connect Wyze to Echo!
How To Connect Wyze Camera To Echo Show?
Now we are going to learn how you can connect your Wyze camera to an Echo Show for live streaming.
It’s only important to follow every step to connect both devices properly!
Alert: Ensure that the devices are connected to the same and good internet/WiFi connection!
Step #1 Connect Wyze Camera To Power Source!
Before connecting the camera to the Echo Show, connect the camera to the power source.
Use the shipped USB power cable to connect Wyze indoor cameras to the power outlet.
If you intend to connect your Wyze outdoor cameras to the Echo Show, then fully charge them because you already know they operate on batteries.
It is very important that the camera is charged and turned on to be able to connect to the Alexa App, thus the Echo Show device!
Step #2 Install The Alexa App!
After connecting the camera to the power, now install the Alexa app.
The Amazon application is the primary driver which will establish the connection between the Echo Show and Wyze cam.
Here is how you can install the Alexa app:
- Go to the Play Store, or App Store according to your mobile OS.
- Search for an Amazon Alexa app.
- Click on the Download button to start the installation.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes to complete the app installation.
- Launch the Alexa app and move to the next step.
Step #3 Sign In To Alexa App
Open the Alexa app, and fill in the login details for your Amazon Account. Follow the below steps to sign your Amazon Alexa account in the Alexa app.
- Ensure that the mobile is connected to the working internet.
- In the first field, enter your Email or your Mobile Number.
- In the second field, enter your Amazon Alexa password.
- Click on the show password checkbox to review the password.
- Press the Sign In button to access the app.
Tip: In case you haven’t got an Amazon Account, simply create a new registration!
Step #4 Enable The Wyze Skill
As we have mentioned above, enabling Wyze Skill is important for connecting both devices.
The Wyze Skill can be enabled from within the Amazon Alexa app only after signing in.
Here is how to enable the Wyze Skill in the Amazon Alexa app:
- Click on More from the top right corner of the Alexa home screen.
- Select Skills & Games from the pop-up list.
- Search for Wyze from the search bar and click on it.
- Click on Enable To Use, to allow the Wyze devices into the Alexa app.
After enabling the Wyze, now move to the next step to link the Wyze account to Amazon!
Step #5 Link Wyze Account To Amazon Account
After enabling the Wyze Skill feature, now it’s time to link the Wyze account with the Amazon account where the Echo Show is registered.
The operation is safe so don’t hesitate to insert your Wyze account details for your profile to be discovered. No worries, it’s secure!
You need to see the “Account Successfully Linked” message on the screen!
When you’re ready, click Close, and move to the next step to integrate the Wyze camera!
Step #6 Connect Wyze Camera To Echo Show
Now it’s time to integrate the Wyze camera into the Echo Show to watch live camera streaming.
Make sure that the camera and the Echo Show are turned on and jump into the steps!
Here is how to connect the Wyze camera to the Echo Show:
- Connect the Wyze camera and Echo Show to the same WiFi.
- Click on Discover Devices, so that Alexa detects your Wyze device.
- Alternatively, say “Discover My Devices” to Echo Show.
- Within 45 seconds the Echo Show will discover your Wyze camera.
- If you have named your camera, then say “Alexa, show me [camera name]”.
- Your Wyze camera live streaming will automatically start displaying on the Echo Show.
The live-streaming observation will work for 10 minutes before you need to ask your Echo Show to provide you with the camera’s footage.
Sadly, there is no way to establish the Echo Show such as 24/7 surveillance and you would need to ask every time.
In case you’re wondering what vocal commands you can now use, keep reading!
Echo Show + Wyze – Vocal Commands?
When the Wyze account has been linked to your Echo Show Amazon profile, you can now use vocal commands to interact with the camera.
In case you’re wondering if there are some helpful voice commands that you can test right now, check out some of the below!
Here are vocal commands to show camera live streaming:
- Alexa, show me [camera name]
- Alexa, show [camera name]
- Alexa, show the [camera name]
- Alexa, show my [camera name]
Here are vocal commands to stop the live streaming:
- Alexa, stop
- Alexa, go home
In case the connection frequently fails, or you were unable to link the accounts, keep reading!
Echo Show Can’t Connect To Wyze Camera?
Don’t worry if the Echo Show cannot find your Wyze camera.
All you need to do is follow a few simple instructions to prevent some general issues from impacting your setup!
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Wyze to Amazon app connection issues:
- Connect your Wyze camera to good internet.
- Update the Wyze camera to the latest firmware.
- Upgrade Echo Show to the latest firmware.
- Enter the correct Wyze account details into the Alexa app.
- Disable the Wyze skill and re-enable it again.
- Pronounce the vocal commands correctly!
In case you’ve got any other questions, here’s what users ask the most!
Does Wyze App Work On Echo Show?
Wyze cameras can easily be connected to the Echo Show for the camera’s live streaming.
Also, the Wyze app can be used to connect the Wyze camera with Alexa devices to enable camera access to the Echo Show.
To set up the Wyze camera to Echo Show, install the Wyze app and log in to your Wyze account.
Go to Account > Works With and connect the camera to Echo.
Does Wyze Outdoor Cam Work With The Echo Show?
Fortunately, Wyze indoors and outdoors cameras can easily connect with Alexa-enabled streaming devices such as Fire TV, Echo Spot, and Echo Show.
The Echo Show acts as a monitoring system for your camera streaming so the connection is 100% supported.
Can Wyze Cam Stream Continuously?
The Wyze camera streams on Echo Show for only 10 minutes before it stops.
To start streaming again, you just have to say, “Alexa, Show [Camera Name]” to renew the live feed.
Wyze camera can be connected to ALL Alexa-enabled devices including the Echo Show. The Wyze Skill has to be enabled in the Amazon Alexa application for the camera to become discoverable and connect to the Echo Show. The rest is easy!
In this guide, we have learned how to connect Wyze camera to Echo Show.
We now know that Wyze Skill can allow both devices to integrate by following the quick steps that we have discussed in this guide.
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023