Wondering why your Wyze camera shows offline? Keep reading for the solution!
The Wyze camera will be showing as “offline” when it has got disconnected from the application, which is one of the most frequent issues.
The reason could be related to your internet or app, which can be easily resolved by some proven-to-work methods.
The fix only takes a minute!
Wyze cameras may appear offline on the mobile app for a variety of reasons, such as a poor internet connection, outdated camera firmware, or due to the base station. In addition, a low battery can also disconnect an outdoor Wyze camera unit from the app.
To fix your offline Wyze camera, let’s move forward…
How To Fix When Wyze Camera Shows Offline?
If you receive the Wyze camera offline message in your Wyze app and are unsure of what is causing it below you’ll find the most effective methods.
It’s important to follow the order of our solutions for the best effect in troubleshooting.
Let’s jump right in.
Solution #1 Reboot Wyze Camera!
You might be able to solve all the camera issues by simply restarting the Wyze camera.
Power cycling is quite effective in most cases and removes all the possible bugs from the device and refreshes the hardware.
Additionally, Wyze recommends users reboot the camera every now and then to avoid “offline” issues such as the one they’re experiencing.
Here is how to reboot your Wyze cameras:
- Unplug the Wyze camera directly from the power outlet.
- Wait for 10 seconds until the camera discharges.
- Plug the camera back into the power outlet.
- Once you plugged in, re-initialize the camera.
When you’re ready open the Wyze app and check whether the camera is now “online”!
Note: Ensure that both your camera and mobile are connected to a good internet connection!
Solution #2 Reboot Wyze Base Station
Wyze cameras can operate on the internet, but they cannot get a direct connection from the router.
Wyze cameras instead receive signals from a base station that is interconnected with the router.
The Wyze cameras, therefore, go offline anytime the base station is unable to connect.
In that set of thoughts, we need to reboot the base station as well.
Here is how to reboot the base station of Wyze cameras:
- Unplug the base station power cord from the outlet.
- Wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Plug the base station back into the power outlet.
- Wait until the solid blue light comes on the camera.
If the blue light is flashing on the camera, that means the camera is trying to connect to the base station.
Check whether the internet connection is working properly or not on other devices.
Note: Proceed only if the Wyze camera blue light is solid.
Solution #3 Reconnect Camera To Wyze App
Sometimes, when the Wyze cam says offline but still works the device might have simply disconnected from the mobile app.
The camera could be working, indeed, and you only need to reconnect the device to the app to resume its operation. Let’s learn more!
Here is a way how you can reconnect the camera to the Wyze app:
- Open the app, and click on the Settings icon.
- Delete your cam device from the Device Settings option.
- Press and hold the Reset button from the camera until you hear “Ready to connect“.
- Reinstall the Wyze app, and install it again from the Play Store or App Store.
- Launch the app, and click on Add device > Wyze cam.
- Enter your Wi-Fi name and password.
- Then scan the QR code with the Wyze camera.
- Name your Wyze camera.
- Now check if the camera is showing online in a mobile app.
Tip: In case the camera refuses to connect to the app, perform a restart.
Solution #4 Update Wyze Camera Firmware
It is most common for smart devices to have problems due to Outdated Firmware.
A Wyze camera can experience many issues if the firmware cannot be updated over time, such as an offline state.
Be sure to update your firmware as soon as possible whenever a new update is released.
With Wyze’s app, you can easily update the firmware of all Wyze devices.
Here is how to update Wyze cam firmware using a mobile app:
- Make sure the device you intend to update the firmware for is already added to the app.
- Launch the Wyze app and go to Account from the bottom bar.
- Look for Firmware Upgrade.
- Select the Wyze camera that you want to update.
- Click on the Update option from the front of your camera name.
Keep in mind that the camera will only be updated if a firmware update is available, otherwise, it is already up-to-date.
If the camera’s firmware has been updated and it still shows as offline, continue with the next solution in our guide.
Tip: By choosing the Upgrade All option from the app, you can update all of your linked Wyze devices' firmware.
Solution #5 Factory Reset Wyze Camera
Sometimes an update can’t be enough to fix the “offline” problem with the Wyze camera.
In case none of the solutions above helped and the camera is still offline, then it’s time to do a Factory Reset which is one of the most powerful solutions so far.
By doing a factory reset, all of your camera’s information and settings will be removed from the app, providing a fresh start.
Here is how you can do a factory reset on Wyze cameras:
- Plug the Wyze camera into the power outlet.
- Remove the microSD card from the camera.
- Press and hold the Setup button for at least 5 seconds.
- The status indicator should turn to solid yellow.
- When the led turns flashing yellow, the reset has started.
- The factory reset process takes up to 5 minutes.
- Once it resets, then set up your Wyze camera in the app and test.
Note: Double-check whether your WiFi/Internet connection is intact.
Solution #6 Install Wyze Camera Firmware To SD Card
Sometimes updating the latest firmware can start causing issues with the camera.
Since many users report that the “offline” issue has started after an update, we can also do a downgrade.
Here are the steps to flash the firmware into the camera:
- Remove the microSD card, if inserted into the camera, and format it to FAT32.
- Download the aligning firmware as per your Wyze camera model.
- You can find Wyze camera’s official firmware versions here.
- Extract the downloaded zipped file and ensure that the folder’s name is “sd_update“.
- Insert the microSD card into your laptop and copy the file into the card.
- Insert the microSD card into the camera by removing the camera power cable.
- Plug the power cable back in.
- The camera automatically starts flashing yellow and blue lights at the same time.
- After that, the camera will automatically start rebooting.
- The Wyze camera light will turn solid blue.
When you’re ready the card again and delete the firmware file, because every time the camera reboots, it goes into firmware flashing mode.
You can later re-insert the microSD card back.
Tip: After flashing the firmware, reconnect your Wyze camera to the Wyze mobile app!
Solution #7 Check Your Wyze Camera Battery (Outdoor)
This solution will only help users with outdoor Wyze cameras since they operate on a battery!
If Wyze cameras show offline, then it may be due to the low battery. It’s easy to understand that when the camera’s battery is low, it will disconnect from the app, hence go offline.
Simply plug your camera into the base station by using a power cable!
It takes approximately 4 hours for your Wyze camera to charge from 0% to 100%.
It’s recommended to keep the camera connected for at least 2 hours to make sure that the unit will connect to the app.
When you’re ready scroll up to solution #3 to reconnect the unit to the app.
Note: If you plug your camera directly into a power outlet, test whether the source is working!
Still, My Wyze Camera Is Offline – Next Steps…
In case you’ve implemented all of the above solutions but nothing managed to help, then the next step is to seek some professional help.
In case the “offline” problem is persistent you’ll need to contact Wyze Customer Service for further assistance.
Surely they’ll help!
Tip: Don’t forget to share what you’ve already tried in this guide!
Thus, when the Wyze camera appears as “offline” we need to reboot both the camera and the base station to restore the connectivity. In case that doesn’t help, we need to update or downgrade the camera’s firmware and finally, perform a factory reset.
In this guide, we have discussed what to do when Wyze camera shows offline and how to solve the problem in a matter of minutes.
We hope that this guide was helpful and to discover more solutions guides to Wyze camera issues, check our blog.
- Geeni Camera Offline and Worried? – Easy Solutions - March 21, 2023
- VTech Baby Monitor Not Connecting? – Learn How to Fix - March 21, 2023
- How to Add Arlo to HomeKit? – Complete Steps - March 21, 2023