How To Connect Nanoleaf to WiFi? Nanoleaf products are great because of their build quality and vast possibilities.
However, if you want to use them to their fullest, you must connect them to the Wi-Fi.
Connecting Nanoleaf to Wi-Fi is very easy on Android or iOS, and iOS even allows you to connect to HomeKit for larger integration. However, if you are connecting an old product to a new Wi-Fi, you will first have to reset it to forget the old network settings.
There isn’t much mystery about connecting your Nanoleaf bulbs, panels, strips, etc.
However, if you feel like a step-by-step guide will make things clearer, keep reading!
How To Connect Nanoleaf to WiFi
Nanoleaf offers great LED products, all capable of connecting to Wi-Fi, so you can control them via your smartphone.
Fortunately, the brand is compatible with both iOS and Android. Not only that, but the iOS version of the app includes HomeKit-compatibility.
When you are connecting to the Wi-Fi, there is more than one way of proceeding. Of course, all ways are similar, but some will vary with a different technology in one step or another.
For example, you can use QR codes, type a code, scan via NFC, etc.
Whenever you want to connect a new device to your phone and your Wi-Fi, you must ensure all software involved is up to date.
That is because an old software version might present bugs when running on your Wi-Fi or trying to connect to other devices/software.
Check for updates even if you’ve just downloaded the Nanoleaf Smarter Series app on your phone.
- Open the App Store
- Click on “Updates”
- There will be a list of all updates available for your apps
- If any is available for the Nanoleaf app, download it
And here is how to check for updates on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store
- Tap on the three horizontal lines
- Click on “My apps & games.”
- Check if there is an update available for the Nanoleaf app
- If there is, download it
Use A 2.4GHz Network
Smart devices such as Nanoleaf products operate only on 2.4GHz networks.
Your router probably generates two frequencies: one is 2.4GHz, and the other is 5GHz.
We recommend you connect your phone to the 2.4GHz one before getting started.
That is because a few apps for smart devices will function better/only function when both your phone and the smart device are connected to the same Wi-Fi. At least during the pairing process.
After you’ve paired successfully, you can switch your phone back to the 5GHz, and you can even control it remotely (via HomeKit) with cellular data.
Method #1: Connect Nanoleaf To Wi-Fi Via iOS
Connecting Nanoleaf to Wi-Fi via iOS is probably the most popular method.
That is because Nanoleaf offers seamless integration with HomeKit. However, integrating with HomeKit is only set up later.
So first, connecting your Nanoleaf product to its dedicated app is necessary.
- Open the Nanoleaf Smarter Series app
- Click on “More”
- Select “My devices.”
- Tap “+” to add a new device
- Choose the matching product from the list
- Click on “Start pairing.”
After step 6 above, the camera will open, and you have three possibilities for pairing your Nanoleaf product:
- Scan the QR code found on the Nanoleaf product, its controller, and its charger
- Select “Don’t Have A Code or Can’t Scan?” and type the 8-number code (available on the user’s guide)
- Pair via NFC by holding the top of your phone over the controller’s buttons
Control Via Wi-Fi Or Data With HomeKit
If you want to enhance the Wi-Fi connectivity by allowing HomeKit to control your Nanoleaf product, do the following:
- Open the Home App
- Tap the “+” symbol
- Choose “Add accessory.”
- Enter the 8-digit code of your product
- Choose a name that will identify your product
- Set up your preferred automation
- Click on “Done”
That will connect your Nanoleaf product to the HomeKit framework, which makes it available through any of your Apple devices.
You don’t need to be on the same network to change the settings as long as the Nanoleaf is still connected to the Wi-Fi.
Method #2: Connect Nanoleaf To Wi-Fi Via Android
If you are not an iOS user but rather an Android user, you can still connect Nanoleaf to the Wi-Fi.
The Nanoleaf app is also available for Android, so all you have to do is head to the Google Play Store and download it.
Once you have the app installed and you’ve set up the perfect place for your Nanoleaf product, do the following:
- Open the Nanoleaf Smarter Series app
- Click on “Devices”
- Tap “+”
- Select the corresponding Nanoleaf product
After step 4, your camera will open, which will prompt you to scan a QR code, but you have two distinct options to proceed:
- Scan the QR code present on the Nanoleaf product, its controller, and its charger
- Select “Don’t Have A Code or Can’t Scan?” and enter the 8-number code (found on the user’s guide)
Turn Off Bluetooth To Improve The Wi-Fi Pairing
Suppose you are having difficulties connecting your Nanoleaf product to your Android device, thus unable to establish its Wi-Fi connection.
In that case, the manufacturer suggests users deactivate Bluetooth while attempting the pairing.
That is because Nanoleaf does not use Bluetooth, and the frequency can get in the way of proper Wi-Fi pairing.
Note: If you have a smart hub (such as Echo Dot), you can connect your Nanoleaf products to it. That will allow you to create interactive scenes.
Method #3: Connecting An Old Nanoleaf To A New Wi-Fi
If you have an old Nanoleaf and have just transferred it to a new household or bought a used product, you will have to perform a few extra steps.
That is because odds are, the product is still connected to the old Wi-Fi.
How to connect Nanoleaf to new Wi-Fi? Since Nanoleaf products can only save credentials for one Wi-Fi connection, you will have to remove your Nanoleaf from the old Wi-Fi.
Here is how you can do it:
A soft reset will allow your Nanoleaf product to unpair from the app, making it forget the old Wi-Fi settings.
Here is how you proceed:
- Press the “power” and “brighten” buttons for 10 seconds
- On the app, find “Devices.”
- Click on the device you want to connect to the new Wi-Fi
- Remove it from the app
If the procedure is successful, you will have to go back to Method #1 or Method #2.
But, again, that will depend on your phone’s system.
You must try a hard reset when the soft reset does not work.
The hard reset will enforce data deletion on your device’s firmware, returning it to factory settings.
That will make it ready to connect to a new network.
- Unplug the device
- Hold its buttons pressed together
- Plug the device while keeping the buttons pressed
- The lights should begin flashing rapidly
- Release the buttons
- Wait for the light to stay solid
Once the light is still, go back to Method #1 or Method #2 to connect your Nanoleaf to the new Wi-Fi.
Read Next: How To Fix Lifx Bulb Not Connecting To WiFi?
What We Learned
How to connect Nanoleaf to Wi-Fi easily? That can be achieved with any iPhone or Android-enabled phone.
Nanoleaf is entirely compatible with both systems and can integrate seamlessly into HomeKit.
The guide above shows everything you must do to ensure your house will make the most out of Nanoleaf products.
- How to Fix Insignia TV With No Picture? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023
- Maytag Washer Not Starting? – Quick Fix Guide - March 27, 2023
- How To Get 4K On YouTube TV? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023