Hey Siri not working on AirPods when pronounced? We have a quick fix for you!
In order for the AirPods’s microphone to detect that you’re saying the assistant’s activation phrase (“Hey Siri”), it must first be enabled in the settings.
Besides that, your AirPods or Apple Device may sometimes be running into a bug or glitch, preventing you from activating Siri but in this guide, we’ll cover absolutely everything.
To fix Siri that doesn’t work on AirPods, make sure that it is enabled from the settings and reconnect your AirPods. Charge the AirPods to a sufficient power level and update the iPhone’ software. Finally, you shall perform a reset on the AirPods.
Let’s first review what’s preventing you from activating Siri when you have the AirPods connected to your Apple mobile device.
If the “hey Siri” phrase doesn’t seem to be working when you have the AirPods paired to your iPhone or Apple device, chances are that you haven’t enabled Voice activation.
That’s a feature that allows Siri to be activated just by saying “hey, Siri” and it must be enabled from your Apple device’s settings.
Here are the possible problems that are preventing you from activating Siri on AirPods:
1. AirPods Bug Or Glitch
The microphone of the AirPods is well-known to be bugging and glitching sometimes, thus, preventing you from activating Siri.
2. No AirPods Battery
When your AirPods run out of battery, they will disconnect from your Apple device and you won’t be able to activate Siri with the voice command.
3. Outdated Device Software
There are certain software requirements for Siri and some of them include having your Apple device updated to the latest version.
4. Faulty AirPods Microphone
Even if it’s unlikely, the microphone of your AirPods might have gone faulty and you won’t be able to activate the Siri assistant.
5. Unknown Voice Recognition
If Siri’s recognition ability wasn’t set up by you, Siri might be expecting a different voice and way of expression.
Tip: Make a call and test if the microphone of your AirPods is working, before you proceed.
Make sure to apply our solutions consecutively to troubleshoot your AirPods and Siri’s skill appropriately.
Additionally, you should test after each of the solutions below by saying “Hey Siri” to determine if the issue is fixed.
Here’s how to fix the “Hey Siri” on your AirPods easily:
What you should first check is whether Siri’s voice recognition skill has been enabled.
That can be done from the Settings of your Apple device and is an option with a slider that can be enabled and disabled.
Here’s how to enable your Siri for listening to your voice:
- In your Apple device’s settings, go to “Siri & Search”.
- From there, the second option in the tab should be “Listen for ‘Hey Siri’”.
- Tap on the slider once and let your i-device guide you through the setup.
You will be prompted to say “Hey Siri” more than once and ask a variety of things, such as the weather state, to set up the feature. Make sure that you use your own voice for recognition for later work.
Alert: If the voice recognition hasn’t been set up by you, perform the setup using your voice.
Chances are that there is a bug or glitch, preventing your AirPods from activating Siri with the voice command.
In that regard, we suggest connecting the AirPods to your device to solve the problem with voice recognition.
Here’s how to reconnect your AirPods from your Apple device:
- On your Apple device, open the settings.
- Go to the Bluetooth options and locate your AirPods.
- Tap on the “Info” button and then choose “Disconnect”.
- Put the AirPods back in the case.
- Take them out and put them in your ears.
- Test “Hey Siri”.
Note: Don’t tap on “Forget this device” yet in the Bluetooth settings of your Apple device, cause you might accidentally reset the headphones.
There’s a setting in your AirPods’ configuration that causes the system to automatically change to your AirPods’ microphone once they are connected.
If that feature stays disabled, you may still be using your phone or device’s microphone, and the range to activate Siri may be insufficient.
Here’s how to enable your AirPods’ microphone automatically:
- Go to the settings of your Apple device.
- Open the Bluetooth tab and select the “Info” button next to your AirPods.
- Next, choose “Microphone” in the following settings.
- Enable the “Automatically Switch AirPods” in regard to microphone usage.
Note: With this feature activated, your AirPods will be the microphone of your Apple device from now on, hence Siri should work.
The next thing you should do is update your Apple device software.
There is a chance that Siri requires the latest version of your device’s iOS and you should update it to fix the voice activation of your assistant.
Here’s how to update your Apple device’s software in easy steps:
- Open the Settings on your device once again.
- Go to the “General” tab and then choose “Software Update”.
- Wait for the checker to finish looking for updates.
- Once done, tap on “Update” and let your Apple device update afterward.
Note: In the very same tab, you can also enable the “Auto-update” feature which will apply updates to your iPhone automatically.
If Hey Siri not working on AirPodseven after running the latest OS, we suggest performing a factory reset on the devices.
This will solve any bugs or glitches that your device may have, therefore fixing the issue with the “Hey-Siri” activation.
Here’s how to perform a reset on your Apple AirPods in easy steps:
- Put your AirPods into the charging case.
- Hold the pairing button on the back for 15 seconds.
- Take the AirPods out and wait for them to get paired.
- In the Bluetooth settings of your device, press “Forget this device”.
- Re-pair the AirPods and test the “Hey Siri” voice activation.
Note: Re-pairing the AirPods requires holding the pairing button once again until they appear on your Apple device.
Thus, to fix the “Hey Siri” activation not working on AirPods, reconnect the headphones and update your iPhone software. Then enable your AirPods microphone in the settings and then perform a reset on the headphones to see if that will help.
Now that you know why hey Siri not working on AirPods, we hope you were able to fix the issue by following our solutions.
Don’t hesitate to contact Apple for additional help in case nothing here managed to help. They will be able to provide you with additional assistance!
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023