Asking why are Govee lights not connecting to Bluetooth?
The answer is simple!
The Govee lights won’t connect to Bluetooth whenever the device is not turned ON or when the power is fluctuating. To solve the problem users need to restart the device, refresh the Bluetooth settings and perform a factory reset on the Govee lights.
The solution to a Govee lights connectivity issue includes multiple fixes that we’ve made into a list of solutions.
We’ll start by performing easy methods and proceed with more complex troubleshooting when the problem is persistent.
Let’s start with firmly restarting your Govee lights:
The very first move should be a power cycle in case you haven’t tried it already.
Like any other device, the operating system or the power to your device could be impacting the Bluetooth connection.
The reset will reboot ALL Govee services and processes, including the Bluetooth!
- Disconnect the power adapter of the Govee light strip.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the device is unplugged.
- Reconnect the cable of the light strip to the power source.
- Check if the Bluetooth connection will work now.
Note: Keep your Bluetooth receiver as close as possible to the Govee LED strip.
The next thing you should attempt is to restart the Bluetooth on your smartphone phone.
You only need to toggle OFF and ON the Bluetooth so here’s how:
- Go to the Settings of your smartphone.
- Head to “Wireless” or directly go into “Bluetooth”.
- Press the activation slider to turn the Bluetooth feature OFF.
- Wait for 60 seconds and toggle Bluetooth back on.
- Check and connect to the Govee LED lights.
Note: The Govee lights appear as an “H6159” Bluetooth name, which is not the same for all models.
You should update the Govee application to see if that will solve the issue with the Bluetooth connection.
When the Govee app is not running the latest version, a compatibility problem might appear, therefore the lights won’t connect to the Bluetooth device.
Here’s how to update the Govee app on your device:
- Open the App Store/Google Play on your device.
- Head to the “Manage Installed Applications” tab.
- Locate the Govee app from the list with all installed apps.
- Once found, select the Govee app and go to “Manage”.
- Next, press the “Update” button that will appear on the screen.
- Wait for the application to begin updating.
Alert: Do not cancel the Govee application’s update or this can create corrupted application data.
Certain causes of Bluetooth interference may exist in your surroundings, which is preventing the Govee light strip or your phone from detecting one another.
Here, you will get familiar with the possible wireless signal interference causes, so you can get them resolved.
Here’s what may be preventing the Bluetooth connection between your devices:
- Other Bluetooth transmitters near your Govee lights
- The Govee lights are too far away from the receiver
- RF transmitters, baby phones, and radios nearby your lights
Make sure that you’ve eliminated all of those causes that may be interrupting the Bluetooth, before connecting your Govee lights to your device.
Users admit that using an alternative Govee account solved their problem. They use this method as a “workaround” instead of a solution.
Even when the connection status may say ‘Online’, there’s a chance that the Govee lights are offline, hence they won’t connect.
To use a different Govee account, follow these instructions:
- From the home screen of the Govee app, press the settings icon.
- Tap on “Logout” and wait to be redirected to the login screen.
- Press on “Sign Up”.
- Create your registration using the prompts.
- Confirm the new registration with a verification email sent to the inbox.
- Use the new credentials to log in to the Govee application.
- Add your Govee bulb with the “Add Device” button.
- Check if the issue is now fixed.
Note: If you couldn’t add the Govee bulb, make sure that it is removed from your original account in Govee.
The next step is to perform a clean installation of the Govee application which includes clearing the cached data.
This data contains information about the Govee lights settings, login credentials, and Bluetooth connections that you need to erase for a fresh start.
Follow these instructions to reinstall the Govee app and clear the cached data:
- Open the Settings of your mobile device.
- Go to the Storage of the device.
- Enter the app section and locate the Govee app.
- Choose Clear Cache, then Uninstall the platform.
- Head to the app store of your mobile device.
- Locate and download the Govee app.
- Sign in to the Govee and click on “Add a Device”.
- Select your Govee lights from the list.
- Connect them to WiFi and test the Bluetooth.
Note: Your mobile device and Govee lights should be connected to the same WiFi.
The last and most drastic solution is to perform a factory reset on the Govee lights.
The reset will erase ALL data from your Govee lights and you would need to perform the entire setup process again when the reset is over.
Factory resetting the Govee lights is proven to be the best working method.
Here’s how to factory reset the Govee lights in easy steps:
- Make sure that the Govee lights are connected to power.
- Press and hold the power button on the control box.
- Next, press the middle button 4 times while holding the power.
- Wait for the Govee lights to be reset.
Alert: Do not unplug the Govee lights while the reset is still ongoing.
When the problem is persistent and you’re not able to connect the Govee lights via Bluetooth, perhaps the problem is in your receiver device.
Here’s what you should attempt:
Most smartphones have an easy way to reset their settings, which also includes Bluetooth logs, credentials, and connections.
Here’s how to reset the network settings:
- On Android – General Management > System > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- On iOS – Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Reset > Reset Network Settings
When the problem is persistent you should take another Bluetooth device to test connecting your Govee lights.
Maybe something is wrong with your current device so that would be the only option you’ve got to localize the problem further.
When nothing helps, the last shot you’ve got is to contact Govee support to discuss the problem and find a solution.
Perhaps that’s your chance to use your warranty!
Tip: To receive the help you’ll need to select your product and choose to leave an email or call Govee on the hotline.
When you’re experiencing issues with your Govee light bulb Bluetooth connectivity, there are multiple methods that you should attempt.
Here’s what to do whenever your Govee light bulb isn’t connecting to the Bluetooth:
- Screw & unscrew – remove the bulb from the slot and then install it again.
- Remove from the Govee app – re-add the bulb from the Govee application.
- Use a different slot – screw the light bulb into an alternative light slot.
Some of the solutions above might also help in your situation so it’s recommended to scroll up and try everything. To conclude let’s see what we’ve learned:
Hence, the problem with the Govee lights Bluetooth can be caused by a bad installation, outdated application, and signal interferences. The solution only includes a clean application installation, reconnecting the lights, and performing a factory reset.
Read Next: How To Connect Govee Lights To Alexa?
Now that we’ve learned why the Govee lights not connecting to Bluetooth and where the problem is coming from, you’re ready to forget about this problem.
We hope that the post was helpful and to discover more guides such as this one, make sure to check our blog.
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023
- My Dyson Hair Dryer Stopped Working? (7 Quick Solutions!) - December 7, 2023
- White Rodgers Thermostat Blinking Flame? (7 Proven Fixes!) - December 5, 2023