Firestick remote blinking orange and unable to control the Fire TV? Stay with us!
Whenever the Firestick remote starts blinking in orange, we should first program the remote to the FireTV and observe.
In case the remote disconnects again, we surely need to replace the batteries or proceed with more technical solution methods.
Let’s unwrap the most-important question first!
What Does Orange Blinking Light Mean on Firestick Remote?
The orange blinking light is a primary indication that the remote has been disconnected from the TV.
This means that the remote is now in Discovery Mode and is ready to be paired with a Fire TV or, as in your case a Firestick.
In other words, the reason for the orange light could be anything that can impact the remote in a way that will disconnect the sync in your setup.
In addition, the orange light is an indication of other impactful factors so let’s learn more!
Top 6 Reasons Why Firestick Remote Blinks Orange?
Here’s what disconnects your Firestick remote and makes the orange light blink:
- The Firestick remote is not paired with the TV
- Low or completely dead remote batteries
- Software-related issues with the remote
- Outdated Firestick Firmware (OS)
- Firestick Overheating (warning orange light)
- Power fluctuations from the electrical outlet
Let’s next unwrap some of the most effective solutions for the Firestick remote orange light!
How To Fix Firestick Remote Blinking Orange? (Easy Steps)
Tip: The solution is easy as long as you follow the guide in chronological order!
1. Sync The Remote to the Fire TV
The very first and most important step is to attempt programming the Firestick remote back to the Fire TV since the issue could have been incidental.
For example, our connection to power devices power cycles after a power outage, and sometimes the wireless pairing resets.
To pair the Firestick remote to the Firestick, hold the Home button for 10 seconds!
In case your remote continues to blink in orange, ensure that there is no obstruction between the remote IR lens and TV’s IR “eye”.
If possible, go closer to the TV and try holding the Home button for 10 seconds from close proximity to check whether the pairing would work.
Tip: Hold the Alexa button and ask for help with pairing your Firestick remote!
2. Re-Insert or Replace the Batteries!
When our Firestick remote is blinking orange, hence it’s disconnected from the TV, the first reason that should come to our minds is the batteries.
When the batteries are low the remote will disconnect and start blinking in orange, shortly before the batteries are completely dead.
- The Firestick remote uses 2 x AAA batteries!
If you haven’t got a fresh pair of AAA batteries at home, you should open the remote’s battery compartment, eject the batteries and reposition them.
Switch their places and make sure to align them with the poles. This sometimes is enough to extend their life for a few days.
Note: It’s recommended to replace the batteries with a fresh pair as soon as possible!
3. Soft-Reset The Firestick & Remote
The next step is to perform the so-called “soft reset” also known as a power cycle on both the Firestick and the remote.
This method targets to discharge both units completely and this is only possible by stopping their power supply for a few minutes.
Here’s how to soft-reset your Firestick setup in easy steps:
- Turn off and unplug the Firestick from the HDMI & outlet.
- Leave the device unplugged for 60 seconds.
- Eject the batteries from the Firestick remote.
- Press and hold all buttons for 2 seconds each.
- Insert the batteries and reconnect the Firestick.
When you’re ready with the power circulation on both units, follow the recommendations from earlier in the guide to pairing the remote to the TV.
If the orange light is still there, keep reading!
4. Use The Fire TV App – Important!
In case nothing by now helps and the Firestick remote is still blinking in orange we need to be able to at least control the Firestick somehow.
In case you didn’t know, by downloading the Fire TV App, you’ll be able to control your Firestick without the remote, which will help us proceed!
In case you haven’t done this before, follow the steps below:
- Download the “Amazon Fire TV” from Google Play or App Store.
- Open the application and sign into your Amazon Account.
- Connect your mobile device to the same WiFi as the Firestick
- Your Firestick should appear on-screen if connected to WiFi.
- Tap on the device to continue and follow the on-screen prompts.
When you’re ready you would be able to control your Firestick via the digital remote, hence the navigation circle is at your disposal.
5. Manually Pair Firestick Remote!
In order to perform a manual pairing you would need to have a second remote or Fire TV app digital controller to be able to add an additional remote.
In case you’ve skipped the previous step, scroll back and install the Fire TV App to regain access to your Firestick.
- Open the Fire TV app on your mobile device.
- Using the digital remote, go to Settings.
- Tap on Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- Next, press on Amazon Fire TV Remotes.
- Tap on Add New Remote.
- Aim your Firestick remote toward the device.
- Tap and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
You should see “new remote paired” on the screen, and the orange light should no longer blink!
6. Change The Electrical Outlet
If the Firestick remote blinks orange 3 times even though you’ve attempted quite a few different solutions, perhaps the power income is the culprit.
When your Firestick shutdown suddenly the wireless connection often drops and often happens when there are power fluctuations or power outages.
If it’s a power outage, it’s a one-time situation and we only need to re-program the remote as we’ve discussed earlier.
However, in case the power outlet is unstable or there is a fuse issue with your AC installation, it’s best to relocate and test the Firestick in a different outlet.
Tip: Try plugging the Firestick directly into the outlet and avoid power extenders/dividers!
7. Factory Reset the Firestick Remote
The final and ultimate solution is to perform a reset on the Firestick remote and then attempt the pairing process freshly.
This method is really powerful and will most likely solve the problem since after trying everything else the conclusion is that all this fuss is related to the software.
Note: Resetting the remote will not impact any of the settings on the Firestick!
Here’s how to perform a factory reset on your Firestick remote:
- Tap and hold the left side of the Navigation Circle.
- Tap and hold the Menu button + Back button.
- Hold all 3 buttons for at least 10 seconds.
- Release them and wait for a few moments.
You can’t know whether the remote has been reset or not since it’s blinking in orange anyways so the next step is to scroll up and attempt to pair the remote.
In case the pairing fails, the remote is blinking in orange and you haven’t replaced the batteries, well, read what’s next!
Need New Batteries for Firestick Remote?
|Lowest Price||Amazon Basics||Alkaline||9V|
We now learned that when the Firestick remote blinking orange it’s disconnected from the Fire TV, hence we need to pair the remote.
In case the orange light won’t go away, the batteries have to be replaced and, if necessary, Factory Reset the Firestick remote.
Follow us for more!
- Kwikset Smart Lock Code Change – FoolProof Guide - May 25, 2023
- How to Connect Turntable To Marshall Speaker? - May 25, 2023
- Asko Dishwasher Not Drying? – Complete Fix Guide - May 25, 2023