If your Firestick says no internet but there is, we’ll handle the problem for you!
That kind of problem usually occurs due to the router’s WiFi thread having security or connectivity issues. On the other hand, particular problems with the Firestick could also cause an impact on the connection’s status and strength.
Let’s learn more about this type of issue:
When Firestick is saying “no internet” but there actually is, it could be a problem with your network’s router/modem or outdated firmware of the streaming device.
Such issues are also caused by inappropriate WiFi profiles in the FIrestick or compatibility issues.
Let’s take a deeper dive into the detailed resolution for the issue with your Firestick!
Why Firestick Says No Internet But There Is – All Details!
When your Firestick says that no internet is available, but a connection exists after all, it’s probably due to a certain fault in the settings of the Firestick device.
We’re about to address most of the viable factors that could cause such a connectivity issue with your Firestick.
Here’s why your Firestick is saying no internet, but the connection exists:
- A networking issue with your Router/Modem
- A Problem with the WiFi List of your Firestick
- Outdated Firmware Version of your Firestick Device
- Password Problems with your Main WiFi Thread
- Compatibility Issue Between your Firestick and Network
To further unveil the problem’s details, proceed with our complete troubleshooting guide!
How to Fix When Firestick Says No Internet?
After we’ve identified the root causes of the connectivity issue with your Firestick, it’s finally time that we’ve taken the path of troubleshooting.
We’ll go over some really simple and easy troubleshooting methods and solutions, so you could get your Firestick’s issue fixed.
Let’s jump right into the guide!
Solution #1 Reboot & Reconnect Firestick
As our first solution, we’ll be trying something as simple as rebooting the Firestick.
Sometimes, this is all it takes for such a problem to go away, especially if there are no other signs of more serious connectivity problems with the Firestick.
- If you’ve already tried rebooting your Firestick, reconnect it to the WiFi!
Follow these steps to reboot your Firestick easily:
- Get your Firestick Remote.
- Head into the Settings of the device.
- Scroll down and press the “Restart” button.
- Wait for the Firestick to complete the reboot.
- Head into the WiFi tab within Settings.
- Connect back to your home WiFi Network.
By rebooting your Firestick, we’ve achieved a refresh of all network and connectivity services, necessary for completing an over-the-air connection type.
If the issue persists, proceed with our second solution to troubleshoot your Firestick even further!
Note: When reconnecting your Firestick, make sure to allow “Auto-Connect to this Network”.
Solution #2 Restart your WiFi Router
Users have been suspicious of similar problems being caused by a fault with the network device itself, rather than the Firestick.
Before we proceed to target the Firestick in our upcoming solutions, take your time to perform a restart on the network router to test things out.
Follow these simple steps to restart your WiFi Router/Modem easily:
- Press and hold the Power Button on your router/modem.
- Wait for the device to shut down.
- Unplug the Power Supply of the router, from the power source.
- Wait for another 5 minutes.
- Reattach the power cord of the router, back into the outlet.
- Turn on the device and test.
The key to restarting your router appropriately is keeping it unplugged from the power for longer than usual. In most cases, 60 seconds wouldn’t cut it, and if there was a problem, it may still persist after rebooting the device.
Tip: Wait for 5 minutes to perform a complete power circulation!
Solution #3 Forget & Re-Add the WiFi Network
There’s probably an issue with the remembered profile of your home WiFi connection on the Firestick device.
A proven solution to issues of this kind is to forget the problematic WiFi network on your Firestick and then re-scan for it as you proceed to connect over again.
- Forgetting a WiFi Network on your Firestick will remove it from the list!
Here’s how to forget and then re-add your WiFi network on Firestick:
- Head into the Firestick settings.
- Tap on Network.
- Press on the Connected Network.
- Press the Menu Key on your Firestick Remote.
- Choose “Forget the Network”.
- Press the “Select” button on your remote, to confirm the forgetting.
- Head back to the network’s WiFi List.
- Tap on your home WiFI network.
- Do the security password and press on “Connect”.
If the connection between your Firestick and the home router was successful, there’ll appear a “Connected” status, is next to your home network in the Firestick.
Notice: Make sure that the security password is done correctly, or the Firestick won’t connect.
Solution #4 Update the Firmware of your Firestick
If the internet is available on your Firestick after all, even when the device says there isn’t, you should use that chance to Upgrade the Firmware of the Firestick.
It’s an easy and simple thing to do that has a great chance of fixing the error in the connection status of your Firestick.
Follow these simple instructions to upgrade the firmware of your Firestick:
- Navigate to the Settings of the Firestick.
- Head to “My Fire TV”.
- Choose the “About” tab.
- Press on either “Check for Updates” or directly press “Install Update”.
- Hit the “ Select” button on your Firestick remote.
- Wait for the updates to be initialized and installed.
If your Firestick has already undergone the required firmware checks, then the newest software will be available directly for installation in the “About” tab.
Otherwise, you’ll have to hit the “Check for Updates” button and wait for your Firestick to recognize available upgrade scripts.
Alert: Do not power off or unplug your Firestick while the update is still going.
Solution #5 Loosen Up the Network’ Security Status
This problem could be the result of a security measure, enabled for your home WiFi network.
If only a particular type of device is allowed to connect with your network safely, the Firestick could be considered a non-compatible device.
To fix this, you’ll have to loosen up the network’s security status and place it from “Maximum Security” to “Medium” or “Low”.
Here’s how to adjust the security status of your network:
- Enter your router’s Control Panel.
- Once in the router GUI, locate the “Security” tab.
- At the top of the page, look for Security Strength.
- Press on the slider so all available options appear.
- Select one setting below the current one.
- Example: from “High” to “Medium”.
- Save the changes you’ve made to your router’s GUI.
Do not hastily exit the router’s GUI, since you’ll be needing it for a couple of more minutes. After adjusting the security setting, connect your Firestick to the same WiFi and check if the issue is still there.
In such a case, try dropping the security option even more and keep testing.
Alert: Lowering your network security too much, could endanger your WiFi from hackers.
Solution #6 Factory Reset your Firestick
If nothing worked so far, our strongest recommendation at this point would be to Factory Reset your Firestick to the initial settings.
Although it’s a bit drastic, if there’s a fatal settings error with the Firestick this may help the device connect with a network securely and without interruptions.
To reset your Firestick to default settings, follow these steps:
- Press the Home Button on your remote.
- Head to Settings.
- Select “My Fire TV”.
- Scroll down and tap on “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
- Finally, press the “Reset” button, which appears with the pop-up message.
It’ll take your Firestick a while to revert back to the original factory settings. This means that all features, download apps, and particular options that were adjusted, will now be reset.
Alert: Once the reset has started, do not interact with your Firestick in any way!
To fix when Firestick says no internet but there is, start by rebooting the device and forgetting the WiFi network through the settings interface.
After that, reduce the security measures of your network, update the firmware of the Firestick, and reset the device.
- How to Fix Insignia TV With No Picture? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023
- Maytag Washer Not Starting? – Quick Fix Guide - March 27, 2023
- How To Get 4K On YouTube TV? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023