Wondering why the Electrolux washer door won’t close? Let’s unwrap everything!
If your Electrolux washer door is not closing, it means there is a problem with the components that are involved.
Don’t worry, this guide will review everything as well as provide you with the best-working solutions, in cases where the Electrolux washer door is not closing properly!
Several factors can prevent the Electrolux washer door from closing including any obstruction or dirt build-up on the door lock or latch.
In addition, it’s also possible that there is an incorrect door alignment, or loose hinges, which takes 5 minutes to inspect.
So, without any delay, let’s get started!
How To Fix When Electrolux Washer Door Won’t Close?
If your washer door isn’t closing properly, try the following troubleshooting solutions below. However, it is important that you try every method from this guide to get the best results.
1. Reset the Electrolux Washer!
The quickest method is to reset your washer because sometimes the control board of the washer gets glitches and displays errors that prevent the door from closing.
However, you can easily clear those glitches simply by resetting your unit.
Method #1 Power Cycle Electrolux Washer
- Press the Power button to turn off the washer.
- Unplug your Electrolux washer from the source.
- Wait for up to 2 minutes for a complete discharge.
- Plug your Electrolux washer back into the source.
- Wait until the appliance turns on to perform a test.
Method #2 Reset The Electrolux Washer
- Open the Electrolux washer front door.
- Locate and press the Power button once.
- Then release the button from your washer.
- Wait for up to 10 seconds for a complete discharge.
- Then locate and press the Soil + Options buttons.
- This will complete the reset of your appliance!
Note: When you’re ready with the reset, test whether the washer door will close and whether it’s latching properly!
2. Clear Any Door Obstructions!
Over time the dirt or debris can build up over the washer door lock, latch, and gasket seal which will cause the Electrolux front load washer water in machine door won’t close.
So, next, look for any buildup around the door lock and drum area and remove any obstructions to close the door!
Here is how to check for the obstruction around the Electrolux washer door:
- Unplug your Electrolux washer from the power source.
- Then open the door of your Electrolux washer.
- Shine a flashlight into the gap between the washer door and the body.
- Look for any visible objects or debris that may be causing the obstruction.
- Check inside the washer body for any objects, such as small clothing items, etc.
- Next, inspect the door latch and gasket seal for any obstruction or lint buildup.
When you are sure that there is no obstruction left around the door, then turn on the power to your Electrolux washer and try closing the door to see if it closes and engages properly!
3. Inspect The Washer Lid Alignment
The next step is to check and see if your washing machine’s lid is misaligned. If that’s true the lid strike won’t be able to line up with the lock or latch.
So, inspect the door for damage and try to adjust it if possible by following the general instructions below:
- Turn off the appliance from the power source.
- Locate and open the lid of your Electrolux washer.
- Check for any visible misalignment such as gaps or uneven positioning.
- If you detect any misalignment of the door from the washer’s body, adjust it.
- Simply apply gentle pressure on the door to realign the lid with the washer’s body.
- (Note) Try to not push very hard to avoid damaging the door or your washer.
The next step is to turn on the power to your Electrolux washer and close the door!
4. Closely Check the Door Hinges!
The door hinges secure the door and ensures that the door latches properly. Maybe your washer’s lid or door strike doesn’t line up with the lock or latch due to bent or loose hinges.
Then that’s why the Electrolux washer door not closing so let’s troubleshoot this possibility!
- First, and most important disconnect the power to your Electrolux washer.
- Carefully partially open the door of your washer to access the hinges.
- Next, inspect the hinges on the washer’s body and the washer’s door.
- Look for any visible issues, such as bent, broken, or worn–out hinges.
- Check for loose hinges and screws and tighten them using a screwdriver.
- Also, apply a small amount of machine oil as lubrication to the hinges.
- Move the door back and forth a few times to distribute the lubricant evenly.
- Close the door gently and check to see if it closes smoothly and securely.
If your Electrolux washer’s door issue continues to persist, then don’t worry, just keep reading…
5. Check and Secure the Door Gasket
It’s also important to Inspect the washer door rubber door gasket seal for any misalignment, damage, wear, or stuck debris.
With a defective seal, the door will be prevented from closing, which makes the appliances leak even when the door appears to be closing well.
Begin with turning off and unplugging your Electrolux washer from the outlet. Then open the washer door slightly, only to access the gasket seal. The next step is to inspect the rubber gasket seal around the door opening for any damage such as cracks, wear, debris, or holes.
- If you notice any dirt on the gasket seal, clean it using a clean damp cloth.
- If you notice defects or holes in the gasket seal, it needs to be replaced.
Tip: You can find a suitable gasket seal replacement for the Electrolux washer at online shops!
6. Test the Door Latch and Catch!
The washer door latch secures the door and engages with the catch on the body of the washer. If the latch or catch is damaged or clogged, the door latch will not fully engage and the door will not close.
All you have to do is properly inspect the washer door latch and catch parts!
Here is how to inspect the Electrolux washer door latch & catch:
- Power off and unplug the Electrolux washer’s power.
- Open and locate the door latch from the washer door.
- Locate the washer door catch from the washer’s body area.
- Inspect the latch for any damage, buildup, and loose screws.
- Clean both components using a soft cloth or a small brush.
- Check for the latch and catch to ensure they are well aligned.
- If you notice any defects, you might need to replace them!
Note: If you continue to experience the same issue, continue reading to try another alternative!
7. Inspect & Test the Door Strike!
Most of the time the door strike will be the culprit because it holds the door and activates the door switch as the door closes.
However, the door strike can become easily damaged and broken and prevent the washer door from closing.
Simply power off the Electrolux washer from the power source, open and locate the door strike using a flashlight.
Then check for signs of cracks, dirt build–up, or misalignment, and feel free to determine if a replacement is needed.
Need More Help?
If you continue to have the same door problem with your Electrolux washer, there could be another issue with your washer or its control board.
So, stop doing anything else and contact Electrolux Support or a nearby professional technician for assistance.
Reminder: Don’t forget to share what you’ve attempted in this guide!
If your Electrolux washer door won’t close, reset the washer control board, remove the obstruction from the door, and check the door alignment, hinges, and door latch. In case the problem is persistent, then inspect the door gasket seal and door strike for faults!
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024