Wondering why is Bosch Dishwasher not cleaning well? Keep reading to know!
Bosch Dishwasher was primarily known for their cleaning ability, but sometimes they go out of expectations by failing to properly clean the dishes.
However, it is understandable that smart devices might malfunction occasionally, so there is no need to be worried.
Let’s learn more!
Usually, Bosch dishwashers stop cleaning dishes properly because of a clogged filter or faulty inlet valve. But aside from this, a dishwasher’s clogged spray arms and bad device settings may also affect the machine’s efficiency which is why it’s not cleaning well.
Let’s learn how you can fix your Bosch Dishwasher if it not cleaning dishes properly:
How To Fix When Bosch Dishwasher Not Cleaning Properly?
If your Bosch Dishwasher is not washing properly, then there is something clogged in the components that directly affect the cleaning.
No need to worry, keep following the guide till the end and make sure to attempt all troubleshooting methods before drawing conclusions!
Alert: Disconnect the dishwasher from the power and flip the main water valve OFF!
Solution #1 Clean Spray Arms
Spray arms are responsible for distributing the water supply properly to each rack.
There is a possibility that something is clogged around the arms or there is something blocking the spray nozzles and which is why the tablet is not dissolving and dishes are not getting water.
Solution: All you have to do is thoroughly clean the spray arms and nozzles!
Here is how you can clean your Bosch Dishwasher spray arms:
- Open the Bosch Dishwasher Door.
- Remove the racks from the dishwasher.
- Unscrew the upper and lower Spray Arms.
- Carefully pull out the Spray Arms.
- Wash the arms under the water for 2 minutes.
- Take a Toothpick and properly clean the Arm Holes.
- Screw the upper arms to their place.
- Clip the lower arms to fit them into place.
Note: After cleaning the spray arms, we recommend cleaning the filters as well!
Solution #2 Clear Dishwasher Filter
The dishwasher filter is placed side of the lower spray arms and catches the dirt or items from the dishes.
There is a possibility that your dishwasher filter is clogged with leftovers and that’s why it is disturbing the water supply and dishes are not cleaning correctly.
Here is how you can clean the dishwasher filter:
- Open the door and remove the lower rack from the dishwasher.
- Next, pull off the filter unit from the base of the dishwasher.
- Unscrew the filter to separate both filters.
- One by one, rinse both filters underwater.
- While rinsing, take a toothbrush and clean the filter from inside and out.
- Properly screw the filters together.
- Install the filter back in its place.
Tip: To avoid this cleaning issue in the future, make sure to clean the filters and spray arms at least twice a month.
Solution #3 Replace Inlet Water Valve
Failed inlet water valve cannot provide the required water intake to the machine and which is why the Bosch dishwasher not cleaning very well.
This inlet valve directly connects to the spray hose, but when it is blocked or fails due to electric failure, it stops working.
All you need to do is a thorough inspection to check whether the inlet valve will fail.
Because if it’s then you have to replace it because it can’t be repaired.
Here is how you can check and replace the inlet valve:
- Unscrew the dishwasher’s Lower Access Panel.
- Open the dishwasher door and remove the screws of the outdoor panel.
- Close the door and carefully pull out the outdoor panel and set it aside.
- Remove the water supply line from the valve.
- Next, remove the brass elbow from the inlet valve.
- Unscrew the inlet water valve.
- Remove the wire harness from the valve.
- Take a plier and disconnect the clamp and then pull off the inlet valve.
- Set up a new inlet valve and connect the fill tube
- Place the valve in the dishwasher base by fixing the screws.
- Wrap the Teflon tape around the bass elbow clockwise and fix it with an inlet valve.
- Connect the water supply line.
When you’re ready your Bosch Dishwasher should start cleaning well!
Solution #4 Check Water Supply
You should already be aware that the Bosch dishwasher needs specific hot water to be able to clean the dishes properly.
Possibly your dishwasher is not getting the intended water temperature and that’s why the Bosch dishwasher not cleaning dishes.
Here are some important aspects that you need to ensure that they are working fine:
- Check your home heater and make sure that it optimally heats the water.
- Make sure your dishwasher gets proper Water Pressure.
- Check your home water pressure and if it is low, then the water system needs a service.
- Make sure that your dishwasher Filter, Spray Arms, and Inlet Valve have no faults.
Tip: Run a water tap in your kitchen sink to ensure the hot water is available before running the Dishwasher cycle.
Solution #5 Load Dishes Properly
Overloading the dishes in racks will leave a very little gap between dishes and this way the water and detergent do not reach each dish properly.
There is a chance that you have not loaded the dishes properly in the racks.
Or the cutlery is not placed at the appropriate rack and that’s why the Bosch dishwasher not cleaning well.
Here are some useful tips to place your dishes correctly on the rack:
- Make sure to place each dish in one slot.
- Ensure that there is adequate space between each item.
- Don’t overlap the dishes with spoons or forks.
- Make sure that no item is hanging because it can block the spray arms.
- Place the utensils in the rack according to their size, such as placing big ones on top, medium-sized ones in the middle, and so on.
When you’re ready to load the Bosch Dishwasher, check whether the machine is now cleaning well and if the issue persists, jump to the next solution!
Solution #6 Clean Detergent Dispenser
Detergents and dispensers also affect the dishwasher cleaning efficiency because some cheap products cannot dissolve properly in the dispenser.
That’s why dishes are left creasy or dirty.
Even if you are using a good detergent, in case the dispenser is clogged then it can’t clean well.
This is why it’s extremely important for all users to clean the dispenser every now and then!
Here is how you can clean the Bosch Dishwasher dispenser:
- Open the Bosch Dishwasher Door.
- Take a Wet Microfiber Cloth and clean the dispenser by moving it.
- After cleaning with a cloth, take a toothpick and rub the area.
- This will help the accumulated leftovers to be wiped out.
- Now, clean the entire area.
When the detergent dispenser is clean, restart the cleaning cycle on your Bosch dishwasher to check whether the machine will now perform well. .
If not, let’s see what else we’ve got to try!
Note: If you notice any fault in the dispenser or in its motor, then replace them asap!
Solution #7 Ask For Help!
In case you have already tried the aforementioned methods but still, your Bosch dishwasher is not washing well, then there is possible the fault is still in the machine.
The next and final step is to ask for professional help by contacting Bosch Customer Service.
Quick Tip: Identify the model of your machine by looking at the dedicated user manual.
We now have learned that if your Bosch Dishwasher isn’t cleaning dishes properly, you should clean the filter, spray arms, and detergent dispenser. Furthermore, check to see if the inlet water valve is functioning properly, if not, replace it right away.
In this guide, we have covered why is the Bosch Dishwasher not cleaning well.
The solution that gets you out of this trouble is to clean the filters and spray arms at least twice a month to avoid future issues.
We hope that this guide was helpful and informational so, good luck!
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023