Wondering why is Bosch Dishwasher error codes E22 appears on the control panel?
We got you covered!
Bosch Dishwashers are renowned for their efficiency and ease of use.
However, users occasionally have to cope with its many error codes, such as E22, which indicate a specific dishwasher issue.
Follow the guide to fix the e22 error code on your Bosch Dishwasher!
The Bosch Dishwasher “E22” error code specifically appears when the filter is blocked and the water in the machine is not draining out properly. This error can also be caused by a clogged Drain Hose and Calcium buildup on the filter, among many other factors.
Let’s learn more about the causes of Bosch dishwasher e22 in a brief overlook!
What Causes Bosch Dishwasher Error Codes e22?
The Bosch Dishwasher code E22 most likely appears before the Wash Cycle is finished.
The error indicates that the water is not draining, which undoubtedly occurred when something was obstructing the water’s flow while draining.
If your dishwasher is showing an E22 error code, then you need to know what may actually block the dishwasher water from draining.
Here are the most common causes that lead to dishwasher e22:
- Clogged Fine Drain Filter
- Excessive Calcium Build up on Filter
- Blocked Drain Hose
- Clogged-Up Circulation Pump
- Blocked Sprayer
- Faulty Control Board
As of right now, you have a good idea of what may be causing this problem and what needs to be examined to clear the path for water drainage.
It’s crucial to use the right way to solve this issue in order to protect your dishwasher from further harm.
Bosch Dishwasher Code E22? – Complete Fix Guide!
If your Bosch Dishwasher is showing the E22 error, there is absolutely no need to be concerned.
Simply follow the guide through to the end, and make sure to attempt each method and carry out the steps exactly as they are described.
Try using a dishwasher Cleaning Solution to clear the blockage before moving on to the dishwasher’s internal filter components.
By doing this, any debris, dust, or food particles will soften and pass through with ease by the flow of water.
In case the problem is persistent, keep reading!
Solution #1 Clean Drain Filter
The Drain Filter is used to remove solid particles from the water before draining it out.
These particles begin to accumulate and effectively block the filter, which is why you have the E22 bosch dishwasher error.
Solution: Thoroughly clean your dishwasher's drainage filter if you haven't done so!
Here is how you can clean your dishwasher drain filter:
- Unplug your Bosch Dishwasher from the outlet.
- Open the Dishwasher Door and carefully pull out the Bottom Rack.
- Then, remove the Spray Arms by pulling them up.
- Pull out the Drain Filter by rotating it counterclockwise.
- Next, lift out the Square Mesh Panel from the dishwasher basin.
- Clean the fine filter and mesh panel by using soapy water.
- Take an old toothbrush and properly clogged debris from the components.
- Put the filter back in place first and rotate it clockwise to lock it.
- Then fix the mesh panel and spray the arms back to their places.
- Next, close the door and turn on the power.
Test by running a cycle to ensure whether or not the error has been resolved.
In case that helped you can now continue the cleaning cycle. If the problem persists, keep reading!
Solution #2 Remove Calcium Buildup
It’s possible that the area where you live has water supplies with a lot of naturally occurring minerals, especially Calcium.
That’s why calcium may build up in your dishwasher’s drain filter and prevent water from draining.
Therefore, you will still get an E22 error during the cleaning!
Here is how you can remove the calcium buildup from your dishwasher’s drain filter:
- Empty your dishwasher from racks and utensils.
- Then power on your Bosch Dishwasher.
- Select the water temperature to Maximum.
- Without adding any detergent, select the longest wash cycle.
- Allow the dishwasher to run for at least 30 minutes.
When the cycle is finished, add one box of Descaler directly into the dishwasher’s filter outlet and leave it for 10 minutes.
Finally, run a new wash cycle to clear all of the built-up calcium.
Tip: Make sure to clean your dishwasher filter at least 4 times a year by using a descaler!
Solution #3 Unclog Drain Hose
Sometimes, even when the hose is blocked, the water can easily drain from the filter but cannot exit the system.
Now that we know the error E22 is displayed when the water in the basin does not drain, our next primary suspect is the drain hose.
Let’s learn more!
All you need is to thoroughly clean the drain hose and non-return valve!
Here is how you can easily unclog the hose and valve:
- Remove the dishwasher’s Lower Access Panel by unscrewing it.
- Next, remove the screws of the outdoor panel from the door inside.
- Pull out the Outdoor Panel and set it aside.
- Flip off the Main Water Supply.
- Disconnect the Brass Elbow from the drain Valve.
- Next, disconnect the Valve and remove the Wiring Harness.
- Separate the Clamp using a Plier and then disconnect the Valve.
- Unclogged the drain Hose and Valve by passing the water pressure.
- Replace the new drain hose if the previous one is fully clogged or leaked.
- Lastly, fix back each component the way you separated.
To test whether the error has been resolved, run a wash cycle on the dishwasher!
Solution #4 Clean Circulation Pump
Not frequently, but occasionally, the Bosch Dishwasher’s blocked Circulation Pump causes the E22 error code.
This is one more of the components responsible for draining the dishwasher’s water so that it may be recycled within the dishwasher for cleaning.
Solution: All you need to do is to unblock the circulation pump from clogged materials!
Here is how you can clean your dishwasher’s circulation pump:
- Open the Bosch Dishwasher Door.
- Carefully remove the racks from the dishwasher.
- To protect against broken parts, wear gloves on your hands. (Optional)
- First, unscrew the Upper Spray Arms and pull them down.
- Next, pull over the Lower Spray Arms.
- Place the Spray Arms aside.
- Wash the arms under warm water for 3 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to properly clean the Arm Holes.
- Fix back the upper arms to their place.
- Clip the lower arms to fix them into place.
When you’re ready with cleaning the circulation pump, run a wash cycle to check whether the problem persists or has been resolved.
In case of error E22 still appears, continue reading!
Solution #5 Inspect Control Panel
If, after attempting the aforementioned fixes, the E22 error code on your Bosch Dishwasher persists, it’s possible that the control panel is malfunctioning.
Furthermore, it’s possible that the dishwasher’s settings are incorrect, which can also bring up false error codes sometimes.
Unfortunately, it’s hard to examine the control panel or determine what caused this error at home.
The only option left is to reset your dishwasher after cleaning all the drainage components.
Let’s learn more!
How To Reset Bosch Dishwasher?
- Press and hold the Start or Reset button from the control panel.
- Keep holding the button for at least 5 seconds.
- Close the door simultaneously while releasing the button.
- When you hear a beep or see the pump moving, your dishwasher is ready to reset.
- Next, press and hold the Rinse Button for 5 seconds.
- To start the reset process, press the Rinse button again.
Note: Once the reset is complete, you should see a message that says "Done" or "Complete"!
That was everything about error E22 on Bosch Dishwasher so let’s recap what we’ve learned!
Whenever your Bosch Dishwasher displays an E22 error code, then you first need to clean the machine’s Drain Filter and remove the Calcium buildup from the filter. Also, unclog the drain hose, and circulation pump before resetting the Bosch Dishwasher!
In this guide, we have covered how to fix the Bosch Dishwasher error codes e22.
All you need to remove this error is to clean the drainage components and in case that doesn’t help perform a Factory Reset.
In case you’ve missed any of the solutions, scroll up and fill in.
We hope that this guide was helpful so visit our blog for more Bosch Dishwasher-related guides!
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023