Wondering why my Bosch Dishwasher won’t start? We got everything that you need to know!
Bosch Dishwashers are renowned for their cleaning efficacy, but they are also prone to various problems.
However, trouble comes when your dishwasher is not starting and you depend on it to clean your kitchenware.
Well, if your dishwasher won’t start, we got you covered!
The Bosch Dishwashers often refuse to start after Power Outages as well as when there are Incorrect Wash Cycle Settings. Another possibility would be a faulty door latch or any malfunction with the machine components. The solution requires inspecting everything!
Let’s get into further brief about the causes of why the Boch Dishwasher won’t start:
Why Won’t My Bosch Dishwasher Start?
Dishwashers are incredibly beneficial, yet they frequently stop working just when you need them.
If your dishwasher won’t start, a hardware or software fault might be the reason for the machine’s inability.
However, once the root cause is found, the issue may be quickly resolved.
Therefore, it’s crucial to identify the potential causes of this issue so that you can take the necessary action.
Here are some possible causes that stop the Bosch Dishwasher from starting:
- Faulty Power Outlet
- Broken Door Latch Assembly
- Inappropriate Wash Cycle Settings
- Clogged Inlet Valve or Child Lock
- Broken Dishwasher Timer
- Faulty Control Board
- Insufficient Water Supply
- Blown Thermal Fuse
We are now aware of the potential causes of the not starting Bosch dishwasher.
Let’s find out how to fix it ourselves without calling an expert!
My Bosch Dishwasher Won’t Start? Easy Fixes
If your Bosch Dishwasher is not starting, then you need to do a thorough inspection of the setup.
Make sure you follow the guide completely and don’t skip any steps to fix the problem from the root.
Let’s get started…
Solution #1 Refresh Power Supply!
The very first thing you need to check is the Dishwasher Power Supply!
If you suspect that the Bosch Dishwasher is not receiving enough electrical voltage, you must first check to see if anything is connected to the appliance.
This is how we can identify faults.
You should check the following power supply components:
- Check the Power Cable for the dishwasher from both ends!
- Test the dishwasher outlet to check if it has Power Access.
- Examine the dishwasher’s Power Breaker!
How To Refresh a Bosch Dishwasher?
- Unplug the Bosch Dishwasher from the Power Outlet.
- Flip over the dishwasher power breaker.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Flip down the power breaker.
- Plug in the dishwasher cord to the outlet.
- Press the Power Button.
- Test whether or not now the dishwasher starts.
In case the problem is persistent, proceed to read the next solution!
Solution #2 Disable Child Lock
There may be a chance that the Child Lock Mode is activated on your machine and that’s why the Bosch dishwasher won’t start.
In fact, child mode stops the dishwasher from doing any operations.
The only thing you need to do is to turn off the dishwasher’s child mode so that it can start operating as intended.
Tip: If the child lock is enabled, the dishwasher will alert you via an error code!
Here are two ways how you can disable child lock mode:
- Manually: Move the catch of the lock to the right > Move the catch backward.
- Control Panel: Hold Lock Button > For 5 seconds > Release after the “beep”.
After turning OFF child lock mode, make sure the dishwasher has power and shut the door firmly to test whether or not it now starts.
If the dishwasher has not started and the problem appears to be there, simply move forward to the next solution!
Solution #3 Latch The Door!
One of the frequent causes that directly impact a dishwasher’s operation is a broken door latch.
When the dishwasher door is securely closed, the latch transmits a signal to start the dishwasher, hence, if the door is not properly closed the machine never starts.
Possibly, the door on your dishwasher may not be closed because of the broken door latch switch, or there may be an obstruction in-between.
Now you need to make sure the latch is operating correctly, if you suspect there could be a fault, replace the latch.
Tip: Use a wet microfiber cloth to clean the door latch, then close it properly!
Here is how you can replace the faulty door latch:
- Unplug the Bosch Dishwasher from the Power Outlet.
- Unscrew the dishwasher screws to access the Door Latch.
- Take off the bracket.
- Replace the latch with the new one.
- Screw the Latch Bracket.
- Plug the Bosch Dishwasher into the power.
Tip: Find a compatible replacement door latch, at the bottom of the guide!
Solution #4 Configure Cycle Settings!
If you’ve tried the aforementioned methods and your dishwasher still won’t start, you should check the settings on your dishwasher.
The dishwasher’s Delay Time and Cycle Selection are two settings that have a direct influence on when the dishwasher started.
Accordingly, it’s possible that you’ve chosen the incorrect wash cycle or that the delay time is turned on.
Check both settings right away to determine why the dishwasher won’t start.
Here are two ways to turn off the Delay Settings of the Bosch dishwasher:
- Method #1 – Press and hold the Start/Reset pad for about 5 seconds!
- Method #2 – Press the Delay Start pad button until its indicator light goes off.
Next, you need to make sure that you are selecting an appropriate wash cycle.
But before selecting the cycle, press the ON/OFF button > Select Cycle > Press the Start button.
Solution #5 Inspect Water Supply
A lack of water also prevents the Bosch Dishwasher from starting.
The machine won’t start even if everything is in good order if it doesn’t have enough water to operate.
A suitable water supply is required for dishwashers as their prime source, necessary for normal functioning.
- The Inlet Valve provides water straight to the Bosch Dishwasher!
Therefore, it’s possible that your dishwasher’s inlet valve is broken or that its hose is obstructed.
At this point, your only solution is to clean the inlet valve hose or, if it is damaged, replace it.
Note: Be sure to switch on the main power valve!
Here is how you can clean or replace the water inlet valve
- Unscrew the dishwasher’s Lower Access Panel.
- Remove the screws of the outdoor panel from the inside of the door.
- Remove the Outdoor Panel and set it aside.
- Disconnect the Main Water Supply.
- Separate the Brass Elbow from the Inlet Valve.
- Disconnect the Inlet Valve and remove the Wiring Harness.
- Disconnect the Clamp using a Plier and then remove the Inlet Valve.
- Clean the Valve and its Hose.
- Replace the new Inlet Valve if the previous one is damaged.
- Next, connect each component as you have separated them.
The Bosch Dishwasher should now start working normally so perform a test to confirm!
Solution #6 Inspect Dishwasher Components
If you have tried every method in the guide and your Bosch dishwasher still won’t start, there may be a component fault.
It can be any component, such as a faulty Thermal Fuse, a non-functioning Control Panel, a Timer, or a Door Switch, might be the problem.
In order to identify which component is the cause of this issue, you must perform a thorough inspection of each one.
Check your dishwasher’s instruction manual for assistance in reaching each component and test each one with a Multimeter to determine what’s wrong!
How To Use a Multimeter?
If you are unaware of how to conduct a multimeter test, use an MM600 multimeter and set the reading to 0.
Next, connect the wires, one end to the meter and the other to the component.
If the meter doesn’t display any readings, the component is faulty, thus it has to be replaced.
Note: You can also ask some professionals to inspect your dishwasher components!
Thus, whenever your Bosch dishwasher cannot start, you need to ensure the dishwasher Power Income, Water Supply, and Door Latch are working fine. Meanwhile, also inspect whether the Bosch Dishwasher Cleaning Cycle Settings are configured correctly.
In this guide, we have learned why my Bosch Dishwasher won’t start.
You only need to ensure that all components are working and perform thorough troubleshooting of your setup, following the methods above.
Need a Bosch Dishwasher Door Latch?
In case you’ve identified that the door latch has to be replaced, and that’s why your Bosch Dishwasher won’t start, we recommend W10130695 Dishwasher Door Latch.
Completely suitable for your Bosch Dishwasher this might be just what you need. Good luck!
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023