If your Arlo pro camera won’t sync, there is a quick workaround!
Whenever the Arlo camera refuses to sync with the base station, the issue could either be with the camera itself, or the base station’s functionality.
We will go over the best fix methods and solutions to get your Arlo camera synced as soon as possible!
To fix your Arlo camera that won’t sync, hard reset the camera and re-attempt syncing with multiple presses of the sync button. Replace the Arlo camera’s batteries (CR123A units) and re-add the camera from the station’ software. Lastly, you should execute a factory reset on the base station.
After knowing all that, the best next step is to learn more about the problem. Only then you’ll be able to fix the problem in no time!
When observing the problem, you will notice that your Arlo pro camera has a sync button that will automatically connect the camera unit with the base station.
Remember that only one camera at a time can be synced with the base station and only a single process can be ongoing.
Besides that, here is what could be preventing your Arlo pro camera from being synced:
1. Base Station Software Problem
A software problem with the station unit may be causing the problem.
2. Worn-Out Batteries
Whenever your Arlo camera is running low on charge, you may notice that most of its functions will be disabled, such as the syncing ability.
3. Camera Not In Station’s Proximity
When syncing your Arlo camera, it must not be over 3 feet away from the base station.
4. The Camera Is Already Synced
With Arlo pro camera units, the blanking interval is short and you may not notice that the camera is already synced with the base station.
5. Base Station/Smart Hub Is Off
Lastly, syncing will not be possible if your base station/smart hub is unplugged/disabled.
Those were the causes that could have impacted your Arlo setup. To fix the issue, keep reading as we review the best solutions available online!
After learning what are the causes of the sync problem with your Arlo camera, it’s time to troubleshoot the issue.
The solutions we’ve extracted are taken from a community with users who have the same issue as you do.
Here’s how you can solve the syncing issue with your Arlo pro camera:
Chances are that you’re not doing the sync process the correct way.
In that regard, we will first guide you through the approved sync process in step-by-step instructions:
- Head to your Arlo camera.
- Locate the Sync button on the top of the device.
- Press the sync button for 2 seconds and then release it.
- Go over to your base station.
- Press the sync button for 2 seconds again.
- Wait for the sync to be complete.
Note: When having the sync button pressed both on the base station and camera, the devices will automatically discover each other.
There could be a power problem with either your Arlo camera or base station. In this scenario, we recommend to power cycle both units.
Let’s begin with power cycling your camera first.
- Go over to the camera.
- Take it off the wall stand.
- Locate the battery compartment’s latch on the back.
- Expose the 4 CR123 batteries.
- Take all of them out.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Reinsert the batteries.
- Get to the Arlo base station.
- Unplug it from the wall.
- Standby for 5 minutes.
- Reconnect the base station’s adapter.
Note: Test the sync process after power cycling both, your Arlo camera and the base station.
For the sync process to be complete, the Arlo camera must be within the 10 meters range of the base station.
Any farther than that and the sync process will fail, without getting your devices connected.
In that regard, bring the camera closer to the base station at about 5-10 meters and re-attempt syncing with the instructions in solution #1.
Note: It’s recommended to position the camera next to the base station while the syncing process is being triggered.
If moving the camera closer to the station didn’t work either, then you should perform a reset on the base station.
This will erase all software configurations made so far and solve the syncing problem you’re experiencing.
Here’s how to reset your base station in steps:
- Grab a paperclip.
- Go next to the base station.
- Insert the paperclip into the reset pinhole on the back of the station.
- Hold the button for 10 seconds.
- Take out the paperclip.
Note: The reset of your base station may take a minute or two. Don’t unplug the device for the time being.
Finally, you should attempt to fix the issue by also resetting your Arlo camera.
Unlike many other security systems, Arlo devices have their own separate software and settings.
By resetting the camera, you may fix the interference that is preventing the syncing from happening.
Here’s how to reset your Arlo camera in a few steps:
- Go to your Arlo camera.
- Press the sync button.
- Hold it down until you hear a click.
- Open the Arlo app on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings > QR code.
- Hold your phone with the QR code in front of the camera.
Note: Do not release the sync button before you hear the click, otherwise, you will trigger a syncing process.
If the sync button of your Arlo camera isn’t functional, you won’t be able to attempt a factory reset on the device.
A variety of users report that issues with the sync button on the camera are most often caused by worn-out batteries.
In that regard, in addition to the solutions that were previously in our guide, you should definitely get a fresh pair of batteries for your Arlo.
If you’re not quite familiar with how to insert the fresh pair of batteries in the camera, follow these instructions:
- Go over to your camera’s wall stand.
- Take the device off of the stand.
- Locate the battery latch on the back of the device.
- Pull it downwards until the batteries are exposed.
- Get yourself 4 CR123 lithium 3-volt photo batteries for the Arlo pro unit.
- Insert the new batteries.
- Test your camera.
If that doesn’t seem to solve the issue with the sync button of your camera either, consider contacting Arlo for further association.
To fix Arlo cameras that won’t sync, first power cycle the base station and the camera. Move it closer to the station while syncing and execute the correct sync process. Perform a reset on the base station, test, and then reset the camera as well.
Read Next: Why Is Arlo Camera Not Connecting To App?
After answering why Arlo pro camera won’t sync, make sure to put our solutions into use to fix the syncing problem with your Arlo devices.
If you need additional help at any time, Arlo’s support team is always there, ready to answer your questions and solve the problems with your product!
- Does Ring Doorbell Work With Vivint? – Complete Guide - September 21, 2022
- Does Blink Camera Require Subscription? – Is it Possible? - September 21, 2022
- Can Someone Else Access My Blink Camera? – Complete Facts! - September 19, 2022