Whenever the AprilAire thermostat not connecting to WiFi, it’s obvious that you should first check your internet (WiFi).
Besides your internet, there are quite a few other occasions in which the AprilAire thermostat will be prevented from connecting.
In this post, we’re going to unveil all possibilities and tackle each of them until you’re left with the true cause.
To get your AprilAire thermostat hooked up to the WiFi, inspect your internet connection first and proceed with attempting the connection from close proximity. Then focus on the application and if possible, perform a re-installation. Lastly, proceed with a factory reset to solve the problem.
This is what the solution includes, and to learn the process in-depth proceed with the proven to work solutions we’ve prepared at your disposal.
The overall fix includes several different solutions, which work by the method of exclusion.
In that regard, we suggest not skipping any of the steps and applying the solutions in order.
Here is how to get your AprilAire thermostat connected to WiFi:
The first approach you should attempt is the power cycle process on the AprilAire thermo-unit.
This will solve any power glitches that the device may have, which will hopefully get the device connected back to the WiFi.
Here’s how to power cycle your AprilAire thermostat in easy instructions:
- Open the front panel of the AprilAire thermostat.
- Eject the two AA alkaline batteries inside of the compartment.
- Standby for 5 minutes with the batteries inserted out of the thermostat.
- Re-insert both of the units back into your thermostat.
- Install the front cover and test your thermostat’s ability to connect.
Note: Mind how you insert the batteries of your AprilAire thermostat and whether they make good contact with the electrical poles.
One of the major problems that may be preventing your AprilAire thermostat from connecting is if you attempt to hook it up to a 5GHz thread of your network.
Instead, you should only connect the thermostat to 2.4GHz broadband WiFi.
If you don’t have a 2.4GHz thread, we’ve listed some instructions for you to follow:
- Get your PC or laptop and connect it with an Ethernet cable to the router.
- Open the Windows menu (this only works on Windows).
- Write “CMD” and hit the enter button.
- Wait for the command prompt to open the type “ipconfig”.
- Copy the default gateway of the network.
- Paste it into your browser.
- Login using “admin” for both username and password.
- Go to the Networking tab.
- Press on Create A New Network.
- Choose 2.4Ghz frequency and set a password.
- Finalize following the onscreen form.
- Restart router.
Note: Before the new thread is live your router may require several minutes after which you can get the thermostat connected.
If your network has issues, this may be the reason why you’re unable to connect your AprilAire thermostat to the WiFi.
That’s why in this solution, we have the best ways you can fix internet (WiFi) issues and get your thermostat connected.
Follow these steps to fix any problems your network and WiFi may have:
1. Power Cycle The Router
First, you must perform a power cycle on the router. Unplug the router’s power adapter for 5 minutes.
After this time has elapsed, reattach the power cable to the router and test the thermostat’s connection.
2. Fix Router Interference
Remove any metal or solid objects that are covering your router’s WiFi signal. Additionally, move any RF transmitters away from your router that can cause some interference.
3. Reconnect Router Cables
Finally, reconnect all of your router’s cables individually to determine if that would solve the issue with your AprilAire thermostat.
In case this doesn’t help, contact your ISP for more help.
Important: Ensure that your WiFi is fully functional before proceeding further.
To reset the WiFi settings of your AprilAire thermostat, reach on the menu and access the WiFi Menu.
From there change both the Clear Settings and WiFi Disconnect to “YES” and click on “DONE” three consecutive times. That will remove ALL current WiFi settings.
Now it’s time to get it back connected:
- Use the Menu button to enter the menu.
- Press the DOWN button for the Network to appear.
- Use the Mode button to select the Network tab.
- Press the WPS button to connect.
Tip: You can restart the WPS if you press the Mode button for a second time.
Now when most of the possibilities are out of the way, the next step is to reinstall the AprilAire app.
This application is responsible for controlling your thermostat’s features and having access to its configurations. If there is a problem with the app, you won’t be able to connect your AprilAire thermostat at all.
Here’s how to reinstall the AprilAire healthy air app in easy steps:
- On your smartphone, go to the storage unit.
- Delete the AprilAire Health Air App from the app section.
- Access the app store for iPhones or Google Play for Androids.
- In the search field, do “AprilAire”.
- Wait for the results to appear and tap on the AprilAire original app.
- Initiate a download sequence.
- Open the app and test connecting your thermostat with the WiFi.
Note: Before reinstalling the app, you may also check whether there are available updates.
Your last solution left is to factory reset the thermostat. The reset is done using the factory reset button, located under the battery cover on the panel of your AprilAire thermostat.
This will erase all settings, schedules, and configurations made to your thermostat so far, so proceed with caution.
Here’s how to reset your thermostat easily:
- Open the battery compartment.
- Expose the reset button
- Hold it for 15 seconds.
- Your thermostat should reboot, after which the reset is complete.
Note: Do not let go of the reset button before your thermostat has completely shut down or the reset will fail.
In case you’ve attempted all of our solutions, but your thermostat is still not connecting to the WiFi, maybe you are facing a problem with the network card.
In such cases, the best outcome would be to put your warranty into use if it is still active.
Besides that, you can always contact AprilAire customer service for further information regarding their products and how to troubleshoot them.
To solve the problem where an AprilAire thermostat is not connecting to WiFi, start with a firm power cycle. Next, ensure that your 2.4Ghz broadband WiFi is in working condition and proceed with reinstalling the mobile AprilAire application. Conclude with a factory reset on the thermostat to solve the problem.
Read Next: Can I Get Philo On My Samsung Smart TV?
Now when you know what to do whenever the AprilAire thermostat not connecting to WiFi it would be easier for you to identify and solve connection problems.
In case you’re experiencing other technical difficulties, make sure to check our online blog to discover the solution!
- Bosch Dishwasher Not Cleaning Well? – Here’s How to Fix - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Shark Robot Vacuum Error 9 Easily? - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Wyze Plug Flashing Blue Light? – Complete Guide - November 24, 2022