The Amcrest camera green light blinking is a prime indication of your device losing connection or also a “no connection” alert.
The solution is simple.
In this post, we’ll discuss the blinking green light on your Amcrest camera and the best possible ways to fix the connection problem.
The Amcrest camera is blinking in green because the connection to the application has been lost. The reason for the disconnect could be related to your WiFi-internet (network) or the device which hosts the Amcrest application.
Before we proceed, it’s recommended to identify what the green light on your Amcrest camera means.
Although it’s a green light, which usually means a good thing, with Amcrest the green means something different.
The green light on your Amcrest camera indicates that the device was successfully connected, but has been recently disconnected.
Here is why:
- Bad WiFi/Internet connection
- App-to-device connection lost
- Amcrest host device WiFi connectivity
- Recent Factory Reset
- Operating system failure
In other words, the green light means that the connection was successful at first but now it’s disconnected.
The easiest way to find a solution is to localize the problem so let’s jump into the chronological solutions and discover the root cause.
Since the green light means that the camera has lost its connectivity to the server (WiFi), you should be mostly focusing on your internet.
Make sure to apply our solutions in order and test your camera’s connection after each fix attempt.
Here’s what to do if your Amcrest camera is blinking in green light:
This issue could have been a one-time failure and reconnecting your camera should get the green light problem resolved.
For that purpose, the camera must be started as well as your network device that hosts the WiFi (router/modem).
When ready, proceed to reconnect your camera with the following instructions:
- Open the Amcrest app on your mobile.
- Go to “My Devices”.
- Press on your camera and choose “Remove”.
- Then, press the plus icon in the same tab.
- Select the type of your Amcrest camera from the menu.
- Wait for the connection.
Now when your Amcrest camera is re-added to the app, test whether your device will disconnect and start blinking in green light.
The green blinking light also appears when your device is connected but the internet line is lost.
In other words, when no internet is available, your camera and application won’t be able to communicate leading to a disconnect from the green blinking light.
To connect the Camera to the WiFi:
- Open the Amcrest application.
- Go to Devices.
- Select the Amcrest Camera.
- Choose “Set Up” once the device camera type that you’ve chosen.
- On the WiFi screen, choose your home network and insert the password.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish setting up your camera.
Notice: Keeping the camera away from your router could be causing the disconnects.
In this solution, you’ll understand whether the issue is more likely to be with the camera, or with your network setup.
The power reset process, also known as a power cycle, always helps since it reboots ALL services and refreshes the connection.
Here’s how to perform a power reset on your Amcrest camera:
- Take off the camera unit from off the stand.
- Turn the device upside down.
- Locate the battery compartment.
- Either pull the compartment’s latch upwards or undo the screws (with older models).
- Remove the batteries inside of your Amcrest camera.
- Give the camera 5 minutes to discharge out all the electricity.
- Re-attach the batteries.
- Place the battery compartment’s cover back in place.
- Test the camera unit.
Alert: Power resetting the camera will disconnect the device from the WiFi. Use the previous solution to connect the device after the reset.
As we’ve already mentioned, the green light means that the camera was once connected, but has recently been disconnected.
To entirely exclude your WiFi as a possibility, you’ll need to thoroughly inspect your network and test with a different WiFi.
Here are some quick and effective ways to solve your WiFi-internet issues:
- Disconnect other devices – keep connected only to your Amcrest camera.
- Hard reset router – disconnect your router/modem from the power for 5 minutes.
- Reduce network usage – minimize the downloading/seeding/uploading/streaming.
Once you’re done applying these steps, give your router a couple of minutes to boot back up.
Avoid interacting with the network device or attempt to connect your camera before the WiFi is back online.
The best way to conclude whether the problem is with the camera or your WiFi is to use your mobile device’s hotspot to get the Amcrest camera connected.
Here’s how to connect your Amcrest camera to the hotspot of your phone:
- On your phone, open Settings > Network.
- Press on “Mobile Data”.
- Tap on “Personal Hotspot”.
- Enable the feature and save the connection’s password.
- Open the Amcrest app on your phone next.
- Go to “My Devices” > “Amcrest camera” > “Remove Device”.
- Press the “Add Device” button and choose the type of your camera.
- Once on the WiFi page, locate your phone’s hotspot.
- Connect to the hotspot.
Note: To connect your camera to your mobile’s hotspot, ensure that you have an active mobile plan and at least 100-200 megabytes of internet.
Now that you know that your network is not the problem, it’s time to shift your focus over to the Amcrest application.
Perhaps the Amcrest application is suffering software operation issues that are causing the disconnects leading to a green blinking light.
To reinstall the Amcrest app, follow these instructions right here:
- Access the Apps tab of the mobile device that has Amcrest installed.
- Locate the application.
- Choose “Uninstall” under the “Info” section.
- Head back to the App Store of your device.
- Download and install Amcrest’s platform.
- Login with your account.
- Connect your camera to the application.
Tip: Enable the Automatic Updates to make sure that you’re always up-to-date.
The last possible way to address the non-stop green blinking is by performing a factory reset.
This is a proven way to flush the software of the camera and fix corrupted data, bugs, and other improper settings, causing the unit to disconnect from WiFi/internet.
Here’s how to factory reset your Amcrest camera in easy steps:
- Take the camera off the stand.
- Locate the reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Wait for about another 60 seconds.
- Connect the Amcrest app to the camera.
When the device is reverted back to factory settings the only possibility of a disconnect remains the stability of your WiFi.
When the problem persists double-check your internet and WiFi since the problem couldn’t be related to anything else.
Note: The green light also indicates that the device has disconnected and is now reset.
To fix the blinking green light on your Amcrest camera you’ll need to restart and attempt to reconnect the device to the WiFi. Moreover, you should also reinstall the application to acquire potential firmware updates and solve ongoing internet issues.
Read Next: Amcrest Camera Not Connecting To WiFi?
Now when you know what Amcrest camera green light blinking means, it’s easy to assume what the solution would be.
However, we strongly recommend scrolling up and making sure that you’ve applied ALL of our solutions to make sure that problem is solved.
In case you’re interested in more related content, make sure to check our online tech posts!
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023