In case you’re wondering why Amcrest camera not connecting to WiFi, then you definitely missed something when trying to solve the problem.
The Amcrest cameras, just like any other wireless device, are using a mobile application to connect to the WiFi and deliver a variety of features.
In this guide, we’ll target the entire setup and everything that could be preventing the camera from connecting to the WiFi.
The Amcrest camera will not connect to a 5Ghz WiFi or whenever the network is experiencing downtime. To solve the problem you would need to restart the camera, the mobile Home application, and your network device.
Now when the basic approach toward the solution is clear, let’s learn more about what could be preventing your Amcrest camera from connecting to the WiFi.
Why Does Amcrest won’t Connect To WiFi?
To understand better why your Amcrest camera won’t connect to the internet, let’s take a look at the list of possibilities and what they mean:
1. The Camera Is Not Powered On
Your Amcrest camera may be turned off and that’s the reason it is unable to connect with the WiFi.
2. Existing Signal Interference
There may be wireless interference, preventing the camera from pairing with the network.
3. Incorrect Network Credentials
You may be either choosing the wrong network or entering an incorrect password.
4. Problem with the Amcrest View application
There could be a problem with the Amcrest View application, preventing the camera from pairing successfully.
5. Camera Not Compatible With The Network
Your Amcrest camera may be incompatible with the network/WiFi frequency.
The solution includes targeting each of the above-described possibilities by following our solutions order.
We’ll start by attempting to connect the camera the right way, in case you’ve been doing something wrong, so let’s learn how:
It’s strongly suggested that you undergo the setup process once again, but the correct way this time.
We will provide you with the complete instructions to set up your camera’s WiFi so you don’t let any mistakes slip by and fail the connection.
Here’s how to get your Amcrest camera connected to the WiFi in easy steps:
- Open the Amcrest View Pro App on your smartphone.
- Tap on the “Add Device” button on the top of the home page.
- Select the type of your Amcrest camera from the list with options.
- Choose the connection type of the camera “Set Up”.
- From the list of WiFi networks, choose your own household WiFi.
- Insert the correct WiFi password for the network.
- Tap on “Connect”.
- Complete the rest of the on-screen instructions, according to your personal preferences.
Note: If you happen to forget your password, check on the bottom of your router for the default value of the keycode.
Amcrest cameras can only connect to a 2.4GHz WiFi so far in their production.
If you were attempting to pair the unit with a 5GHz WiFi by now, note that this isn’t possible.
For that solution, we would like you to select a WiFi in your household that works on a 2.4GHz band frequency, so the camera can pair successfully.
Since you’re already familiar with how to connect your camera to the WiFi, we will only explain how to create a 2.4GHz WiFi if you don’t have one already:
- On your computer or laptop (connect with the network), open the CMD.
- Write “ipconfig” on the top line of the CMD.
- Scroll down a few lines and copy the default gateway of the network.
- Open your device’s browser.
- Paste the gateway onto the field.
- Wait to get redirected to the login page of your router’s settings.
- Use “admin” for both login username and password.
- Once connected to the settings, go to the “Network” tab.
- Tap on “Create New Network” and select the band frequency to be 2.4GHz.
- Configure the rest of the settings according to your personal preferences.
Alert: Your router will require a restart to activate the new 2.4Ghz WiFi.
In case your Amcrest camera is experiencing an OS glitch, a power cycle is your best way to go.
That will completely circulate the camera and resolve the problem that is preventing the device from connecting with the WiFi.
Here’s how to power cycle your Amcrest camera in easy steps:
- Take your Amcrest camera off the stand.
- Examine the camera’s surface and locate the battery latch.
- Pull the latch upwards and expose the battery.
- Eject the rechargeable battery of the camera.
- Wait for 5 minutes with the battery out of the camera.
- Put the battery back in.
- Install the battery compartment.
- Test your camera.
Tip: If your camera doesn’t seem to be starting now, recharge the battery using the supplied adapter and cable with Amcrest’s package.
The next solution in our list is related to reinstalling the Amcrest application from your mobile smartphone.
Since the application is what makes the connection between your camera and WiFi, it could also be the reason why the connection keeps failing.
Here’s how to reinstall the Amcrest app in easy steps:
- On your smartphone, access the storage unit.
- Head to the app section.
- Locate the Amcrest view application.
- Tap on it once and choose “Uninstall”.
- On your smartphone again, access the App Store or Google Play.
- Search for “Amcrest” in the search field.
- Download the application you’ve just uninstalled.
- Test your camera once the app gets installed.
Notice: If your camera were connected to the app by now, by reinstalling the platform it will disconnect.
If nothing worked so far, then we strongly suggest a factory reset on your Amcrest camera to solve the WiFi connection issue.
The problem might be something more complicated, which you will be unable to resolve with simple troubleshooting so the complete reset should help.
Here’s how to factory reset the software of your Amcrest camera in easy steps:
- Without removing the camera from the stand, raise it upwards.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom of the camera.
- Press and hold the reset button for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Wait for the LED on the camera to blink in green.
- Let go of the button.
Note: Your camera’s LED will flash in green indicating that the reset was successful. Don’t let go of the button before that.
To fix the problem where the Amcrest camera won’t connect to the WiFi, start by restarting your entire setup, including the network router. Then make sure that you’re connecting to a 2.4Ghz WiFi and in case nothing helps, factory reset the Amcrest camera.
Now when you’re aware of why the Amcrest camera not connecting to WiFi and how to solve the problem, what’s left is to follow our solution guide.
In case the issue continues to appear even after all of the solutions in this guide, you should contact Amcrest customer service and check whether you can use your warranty.
We hope that this post was helpful and if you’re interested in further related reads, check our online technical blog.
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023