Wondering why Youtube TV not recording new episodes? We got you covered!
Youtube TV allows users to record all episodes of a show in the unlimited DVR cloud storage that can record endless hours of footage.
If you want to record the new episodes but they are not recording, then this guide is for you so keep reading to know how to solve the issue!
YouTube TV does not allow users to record new episodes because if any program has already been added to the recording list, all upcoming episodes are auto-added.
This is what mainly prevents users from recording but there are also other factors! Before jumping to the solutions, let’s first unwrap some facts!
How To Only Record New Episodes On YouTube TV?
In order to answer this question we’ll take a look at some YouTube TV aspects and try to answer the boldest questions.
Let’s start with how the recording list works:
If you want to watch only new episodes of a show and if the show has already been added to the Recording List, then you don’t need to record new episodes.
Youtube TV automatically adds the upcoming episodes to the show list, hence everything will be recorded.
If you intend to only record the new episode of any show then, unfortunately, there is no such option available on Youtube TV.
You can only record the complete show with all episodes and all upcoming episodes will automatically add to the cloud in that show category.
Yes, Youtube TV provides unlimited storage of DVR cloud to record multiple shows, hence there is no need to worry when recording an entire show.
Simply add your favorite program for recording and record all upcoming episodes to watch them at your suitable times.
In case you’re not able to record any of the new episodes, let’s learn the solution!
What To Do When Youtube TV Not Recording All Episode?
As it’s now clear that you can record all episodes of a show on YouTube TV but due to some technical or any other issue, this might not always work.
To solve the problem we’re going to attempt a few chronological solutions that will help us fix the issue in a matter of minutes!
Solution #1 Recheck Recording Settings
To get the recordings of episodes, you need to first adjust the recording settings according to your preferences.
Hence, to see whether there is anything incorrect interrupting the recordings, you must first double-check the recording settings on the YouTube TV app.
Here is how to check the YouTube TV recording settings:
- Open the YouTube TV app.
- Login to your YouTube TV account.
- Tap on the search bar from the top right corner.
- Type the name of the show you want to record.
- Tap on the show to navigate their channel.
- Tap on the + icon next to the show’s name.
- The show will automatically be added to the cloud storage.
Note: When you no longer want the recordings of the show, just remove them from the cloud!
Solution #2 Restart Your Device
If the episodes are not recording even when the program is set to record, then there may be a technical issue with your device.
Don’t worry; it’s not a major problem because devices frequently experience network, system, or power blackouts that cause them to malfunction.
Here is how to restart your YouTube TV device:
- Power OFF your playout device.
- Unplug the Power Adapter from the outlet.
- Wait for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Power on the device.
- Then open YouTube TV and check for the recordings.
It’s important to know that when the program is set to record, you’ll need to wait until a new episode of that TV show is aired.
In that regard, you can’t immediately know whether this worked so we strongly recommend attempting the next solutions in this guide also!
Solution #3 Refresh Network Connection!
You also need to check the network connection on your device because it is important whether you want to record the episodes or watch the recorded episodes.
Maybe the network on your device isn’t stable and reliable and that’s why the episodes are not recording.
You need to make sure that your device will get a stable network, otherwise, the recording won’t begin.
To stabilize the network, refresh the connection, no matter whether you use Wi-Fi or a cellular connection.
Here is how to refresh the network connection for both WiFi and Cellular:
Refresh WiFi Network Connection:
- Navigate to your device Settings.
- Go to the WiFi Settings.
- Tap on the Connected WiFi network.
- Tap on the Disconnect option.
- Wait for up to 60 seconds.
- Tap on your Home Network.
- Enter the WiFi password to connect to the same network.
Refresh Cellular Data Connection:
- Navigate to the Settings of your mobile.
- Go to the Mobile & Cellular Data.
- Tap on the mobile data toggle button.
- Wait for up to 60 seconds.
- Then tap on the toggle button to turn on the mobile data.
Also, whichever network source you are using, make sure that the WiFi and cellular data package is available.
Moreover, if you are using WiFi, reboot the router by unplugging it, wait for some minutes, and then turn it back on.
Solution #4 Look For The DVR Extras
Many people who had the same episode not recording issue stated that by visiting YouTube TV extras they had found the episodes of a show that they have added on for the recording.
Don’t worry, this is a fast workaround that is safe to verify.
Here is how to look for the Youtube TV DVR extras:
- Go to the Youtube TV official website.
- Tap on the Profile Icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Settings from the menu.
- Look for Extras or Addons under the Membership section.
- Tap on them one by one to check the details of the episodes.
- Next, tap on Library from the settings menu.
- Look for the show episode recordings.
Note: If you don’t find any recordings, then move on to try the next methods!
Solution #5 Check The Episodes Status
You have to check the status because sometimes the YouTube TV server goes down and can’t properly access the episodes.
Maybe that’s the reason why Youtube TV not recording new episodes, so it’s important to check for any planned or unplanned maintenance.
Here is how to check the YouTube TV server and show status:
Check Youtube Server Status:
- In an Online Browser go to Youtube TV’s Official Website.
- Click Sign-in and input your credentials.
- Try to watch any YouTube TV Show.
Note: If the YouTube TV server is down you won’t be able to stream anything!
Check Show Status On YouTube TV:
- Open the Youtube TV app.
- Tap on the Search icon from the top right corner.
- Enter the name of the show you want to record.
- Look for the show, airing schedules, and other details.
Tip: Visit their social media pages to find out more server outage updates!
Solution #6 Update Youtube TV App
Youtube TV app plays an important role and it needs to be updated as the newer updates are released.
Maybe the app you have installed on your device is outdated, causing issues in recording episodes so it’s necessary to check on this!
Here is how to update the Youtube TV app:
- Head over to your mobile Play Store or App Store.
- From the search bar Search for the Youtube TV app.
- Tap on the app to access it.
- Then tap on the Update button if available.
- Wait for some while until the app updates completely.
- Once it has been done, launch the app.
- Search for the show and tap on the + icon to record the episodes.
If you’re using the YouTube TV app on a television, then you should reach into the respective application store and check for an update.
The other way around is to simply Uninstall the YouTube TV app from your device so when you download it back, it will be updated.
Whenever Youtube TV not recording new episodes, properly add the show for recording, restart your device, and make sure the network is stable.
Also, check for the recordings in the Extras tab and update the application before attempting to record again!
Check out our blog for more Youtube TV troubleshooting guides!
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023