If you’re seeing the Xbox One orange light of death it doesn’t necessarily mean that your Xbox is dead and you’ll need a replacement.
This issue with Xbox One can be fixed in a simple move and this is exactly what we will be discussing in this post.
In an overview, the orange light of your Xbox One can be caused mainly by power issues that are causing the electric insufficiency of your device.
To fix the orange light of death on your Xbox One, plug the device into an alternative power outlet and ensure the brick and the cable are healthy. Power cycle your Xbox and only then start suspecting the power components.
Let’s check what are the causes of the problem with the orange light on your Xbox One.
What Causes Orange Light Of Death Xbox One?
The orange light of death indicates a power insufficiency within your Xbox One’s power supply.
The problem can be observed all across the electricity delivery entering your Xbox One and can also mean a hardware malfunction.
This is what causes the orange light of death on your Xbox One:
1. An Issue With The Power Outlet
Your Xbox One will indicate a power problem via the orange light whenever there is a fault with the power outlet.
2. Power Brick/Adapter Problem
Since your Xbox One’s power supply contains a power brick and adapter, either one of those components could have gone faulty.
3. Problem After Power Outage
Your Xbox One could be showing an orange light for a while after a power outage.
4. Unclean Brick/Xbox Ports
The ports on your brick or Xbox itself could be dirty, preventing the cables from making complete contact.
5. Hardware Malfunction
Lastly, a hardware problem with your Xbox One could be the cause of the orange light of death.
Those were the issues that could be causing the orange light of death on your Xbox One. We will put the hardware malfunction possibility aside and attempt to solve the problem via targeting all other suspects.
How To Fix Xbox One Orange Light Of Death?
Before we proceed with any of the following solutions, make sure to turn OFF/ON your Xbox One.
Chances are that an orange light could either prevent your Xbox from being turned on or will drastically reduce the performance resources, thus, not letting you do anything.
Our solutions will be acclimated to situations where you’re unable to boot your Xbox One, so here’s how to fix the problem:
Solution #1 Power Cycle Xbox One
You should first attempt a power cycle on your Xbox One. Numerous users reported that after a power outage.
For instance, you may have to perform a power cycle process on your Xbox One to refresh the power.
Here’s how to power cycle your Xbox One in easy steps:
- Go over to your Xbox’s position.
- Disconnect the power adapter of your Xbox One from the power source.
- Standby for 5 minutes.
- Reconnect the power adapter of the Xbox.
Note: Ensure that you have attached the power adapter of your Xbox One back into the source correctly to make sure that your setup is completely aligned.
Solution #2 Use Different Power Outlet
If a power cycle couldn’t solve the problem, there’s a high chance that there is a power outlet insufficiency, cutting the electricity supply to your Xbox One.
Power outlets could definitely get worn out over time. In that regard, you should attempt using a different power outlet for the Xbox until the end of this guide.
Here’s how to position your Xbox into an alternative power source the correct way:
- Disconnect the Xbox One from the power source.
- Unplug the HDMI cable from the TV or receiver you’ve connected the Xbox to.
- Locate an alternative power source that is suitable for your device.
- Reposition the Xbox as you’re careful not to damage any of the components.
- Connect the Xbox to the power source, along with the HDMI cable.
Tip: You should use a power source that you are certain to work.
It’s recommended that you have another device plugged into that very outlet, so you can make sure that the power supply is healthy.
Solution #3 Clean Power Brick Contact Points
The contact points of your power brick must be clean for them to make good contact with the cables and the source respectively.
In that regard, what you should attempt before replacing any of the following components is giving the power brick a good clean.
Here’s how to clean the power brick of your Xbox One in easy steps:
- Go over to your Xbox One.
- Disconnect the power adapter from the power brick, along with your Xbox.
- Grab the power brick and use a slightly wet napkin to collect all dirt around the power adapter entry of the power brick.
- Wait until ALL components are completely dry.
- Reposition the power brick and test.
Solution #4 Factory Reset Your Xbox
The hard reset will erase all cache files and improper data that has been stored in your Xbox One.
By performing the reset, all of that data will be deleted, therefore fixing any temporal bugs or glitches that are software-related.
Here’s how to hard reset your Xbox console:
- Eject any disks that are inside your console.
- Locate the power button on the Xbox’s surface.
- Hold it down for 10 seconds straight until the Xbox shuts down.
- Disconnect the power adapter of your Xbox.
- Reconnect the adapter as you press the power button to boot the console.
Note: Keep in mind that it is most likely that your Xbox One will guide you through the setup process again, although not all of the information has been erased.
Solution #5 Replace Power Components
If the issue wasn’t solved by now, chances are that there is a fault with the components within your Xbox One’s power supply.
The power supply is contained by 2 components, a power brick and the power adapter that connects to the power brick and then the source.
You will want to attempt replacing the power adapter first, followed up by the power brick if it doesn’t work.
Let’s begin with replacing the power adapter.
How To Replace Xbox One Power Adapter?
- Disconnect the power adapter from the brick.
- Grab a new (universal power adapter) that matches the unit in your Xbox setup.
- Attach it to the Xbox and then to the source.
How To Replace Xbox One Power Brick?
- If troubles persist, disconnect the power brick from your setup.
- Acquire a brand new unit at an average of $20-$30.
- Attach the new brick to your setup.
Note: All of the following components can be acquired at an approachable price from any technical market in your area.
To fix the orange light of death on your Xbox One, first power cycle the device and perform a hard reset. Clean the power brick and replace the power components if possible. Lastly, use a different power outlet for your Xbox One’s power adapter.
Read Next: Xbox One Won’t Load Anything? Here’s How To Fix!
Now that you know why the Xbox One orange light of death appears on your device and how to fix the problem, proceed to the troubleshooting.
If these solutions weren’t able to solve the issue for you, perhaps you should get in touch with Microsoft’s technical team and get the unit repaired!
- Kwikset Smart Lock Code Change – FoolProof Guide - May 25, 2023
- How to Connect Turntable To Marshall Speaker? - May 25, 2023
- Asko Dishwasher Not Drying? – Complete Fix Guide - May 25, 2023