Asking why won’t my Sylvania light bulb connect? We’re here to answer!
Your Sylvania light bulb’s connectivity depends on multiple factors in terms of compatibility and signal reliability.
In the upcoming guide, we’ll learn all about this problem, read user opinions that include the same problem, and review the best solutions.
Your Sylba light bulb will not connect if there’s a problem with your network router or you’re using the inappropriate Sylvania app.
If there’s a power issue with the bulb’s power, light socket, or software of the device, the bulb will also refuse to connect.
Let’s review what the users had to say about the problem and how to apply the solutions!
My Sylvania Light Won’t Connect – Problem Explained!
To identify what’s causing the problem with your Sylvania Light Bulb, we should first examine the factors that your bulb’s WiFi connection depends on.
There are multiple causes for this problem with your Sylvania Bulb, so let’s learn all about it in the following list:
- A Power Blunder with the Sylvania Light Bulb
- An Issue with the Sylvania App (or incorrect app)
- A Software Problem with the Sylvania Light Bulb
- Inappropriate Wi-Fi Threads or Router Issues
Let’s proceed further into the guide and learn how to fix the problem with ease!
How to Fix When Sylvania Smart Bulb Not Connecting?
The only way to figure out which one of the problems from above your bulb is having, is to try all possible troubleshooting solutions.
The users who had the same problem suggest many ways to approach the problem, so let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Turn on the Sylvania Bulb
Though this might be a rare occasion, one of the reasons that your Sylvania light bulb will refuse to connect is that the device is not receiving power.
This problem could be related to power switch problems of the light bulb, the socket (fixture), or the initial bulb installation.
- To turn on your Sylvania Bulb, you must install it correctly!
Follow these instructions to turn on your Sylvania Light Bulb in easy steps:
- Flip the lights’ socket switch to “OFF”.
- Grab the bulb and screw it into the light’s socket.
- Use gentle and clockwise rotations.
- Head over to the light switch of the socket.
- Flip the lights’ socket switch to “ON”.
- Check if the bulb is working now.
- Test connecting your Sylvania bulb.
Keep in mind that whilst the connection is being performed, the Sylvania bulb must be up and working in order to connect it.
Otherwise, it’ll not be detected by the Sylvania application and won’t appear in the “Discoverable Devices” tab.
Note: To re-add the bulb, go to “Devices” > “Add Device” in the Sylvania WiFi App.
Solution #2 Change the Wi-Fi Frequency
The Sylvania Wi-Fi Bulbs only support 2.4GHz WiFi threads!
In that set of thoughts, if you’re attempting to connect the Sylvania bulb to the 5GHz WiFi, due to compatibility issues the connection won’t happen.
On the other hand, many Wi-Fi routers nowadays are dual-band and support both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz threads so check yours!
Here’s how to connect your Sylvania Light Bulb to a 2.4GHz Network:
- Launch the Sylva Smart+ App and go to “Devices”.
- Make sure that your bulb is turned on.
- Select the “+” icon to start adding a device.
- Tap on “Add A Sylvania Device”.
- Stand near the light bulb.
- Wait for the app to scan for the light bulb.
- Press on your Sylvania Bulb to start connecting.
- In the “Wi-Fi Setup” screen, select your 2.4GHz WiFi.
- Complete the remaining setup.
If your network doesn’t have a 2.4GHz WiFi thread after all, you’ll have to host one through your router’s GUI.
It’s best to contact your service provider for more information on how to access the router settings and host a create a new wireless connection.
Note: Your network’s 2.4GHz WiFi will probably have “2.4” or “2” in its hostname!
Solution #3 Reboot your Router Device!
If your Sylvania light is still refusing to connect with the WiFi network, the problem is probably originating from your router’s functionality.
To address this problem, you should perform a reboot on your network router to flush the WiFi threads and resolve any problems.
Here’s how to reboot your router in easy steps:
- Press the Power Button on your router.
- Wait for the device to completely shut down.
- Unplug the Power Cord of the router from the wall.
- Also, unplug the cable from the router’s side.
- Wait for 3 minutes while the router is OFF.
- Reconnect the power cord on both sides.
- Press the Power button to start the router.
Once your router has started up again, attempt to connect your Sylvania bulb to WiFi. If the problem was related to a problem with your router, the bulb should connect successfully now.
Note: You should also make sure that the bulb is as close to the router as possible!
Solution #4 Verify You’re Using the Correct App
After all previous solutions, we now have a better idea of why won’t my Sylvania Light Bulb connects hence, we’ll need to check another essential aspect.
You might be using the incorrect application because, in fact, Sylvania has two applications!
- The SYLVANIA Smart Wi-Fi app
- The SYLVANIA Smart Home app
You must get the SYLVANIA Smart Wi-Fi app in order to connect the bulb to the WiFi.
If you have the “Home” version of the Sylvania app, you won’t be able to perform the connection.
- Both of the SYLVANIA apps are available in the iOS and Google Play Store!
How To Download The Correct App?
Getting an application is easy as long as you know what app you are looking for.
To get the correct Sylvania app open the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play Store (for Android) and type “Sylvania Smart WiFi” in the search field. Then you only need to download and install the app!
Note: Once the app is downloaded, sign in and connect your bulb by tapping “Add Device”.
Solution #5 Factory Reset the Sylvania Bulb!
The Sylvania bulb Wi-Fi connection issues could also be fixed by applying a factory reset, which is specific for all different brands of bulbs.
With Sylvania, resetting the bulb requires turning on and off the power through the switch a couple of times.
The process is explained in the steps below:
- Unscrew the bulb from its light socket.
- Wait for 15 seconds and screw the bulb back in.
- Turn the bulb ON and OFF 5 x consecutive times.
- Wait for the bulb to blink several times to indicate the reset.
Once your bulb has indicated the reset by blinking in unusual patterns a couple of times, stop interacting with the device.
Wait for the bulb to complete the reset and then attempt to connect to the Sylvania Smart WiFi app and then to your 2.4 GHz WiFi.
Note: After completing the reset, the bulb should be discoverable in the Sylvania WiFi App!
Solution #6 Install the Bulb in a Different Socket
Perhaps, this problem is related to the light socket where your Sylvania Bulb is installed.
It’s possible that the bulb is not receiving enough power or something makes the device turn on and on, which often keeps the receiver disconnected from the wireless network.
To test things out, you should install the bulb into an alternative light socket and attempt to connect it to the app and from there to the WiFi.
This way you will rule out power problems by noticing unusual behavior of the light
Why Not Change The WiFi?
In case you didn’t know, you can share a mobile hotspot from your smartphone just to check whether your bulb will connect.
The hotspot is 2.4Ghz and this way you will exclude the last possibility.
To enable the hotspot go into Settings > Personal Hotspot > Toggle ON. Then, check what’s the password and connect the bulb to your personal hotspot.
If the bulb connects, then there is something wrong with your WiFi, but you can conclude that there is nothing wrong with the bulb.
Now that we know why won’t my Sylvania Light Bulb connect we’ve concluded that you the issue can be solved by switching to 2.4Ghz WiFi frequency and performing a reset on the bulb.
In case that doesn’t help the bulb needs to be tested in a different light socket.
- How to Fix Insignia TV With No Picture? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023
- Maytag Washer Not Starting? – Quick Fix Guide - March 27, 2023
- How To Get 4K On YouTube TV? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023