If your Vivint thermostat not responding to app, there is a solution!
This issue is frequently discussed across the Vivint community and users figured out the best way to fight against the problem.
In this guide, we will provide you with the best-known approaches to fix communication errors between your Vivint thermostat and app!
To fix a Vivint thermostat that doesn’t respond to the app, connect your mobile unit to the home WiFi first. Pair the Vivint thermostat with the app and replace the unit’s batteries. Reinstall the Vivint app and then execute a factory reset on the thermostat.
Before we troubleshoot your thermostat’s communication issues, we must first make sure that your Vivint app is fully functional.
Why Is The Vivint App Not Working?
Your Vivint application may go through problems, therefore cutting the communication to your Vivint thermostat and making its status unresponsive.
The thermostat may be up and working flawlessly, but a problem with the application will display that very same message.
Here are the most common problems that can occur with your Vivint application and make sure your thermostat’ status is unresponsive:
1. Outdated Software
Running outdated software on your Vivint may cause communication issues with your thermostat.
2. Account Problems
Your account may get restricted or unconfirmed and that’s why you’re seeing your thermostat as unresponsive in its status.
3. Vivint Servers Temporarily Down
Vivint’s servers may have been temporarily shut off, due to an outage or maintenance. In most cases, your entry to the application will be denied completely.
4. The Mobile Unit Is Incompatible
Your mobile device may be running an outdated version to support Vivint and this is the base cause of the issue.
Those were all of the issues that are occurring with your Vivint application. It’s important to make sure that the issue is not coming from the application before you continue!
How To Fix Vivint Thermostat Not Responding To App?
Now that you’re confident that the application is not the problem, we still have some more aces up our sleeve.
The solutions that are coming up are the best-recommended approaches by the Vivint community to solve communication blunders on your thermostat’s side.
Here’s how to fix your Vivint that isn’t responding in the application:
Solution #1 Connect Mobile Device With Internet
In order for the thermostat to respond to the Vivint application, your phone must be connected to a network.
That’s why the first thing you should do is pair the device you have the app installed on and the thermostat connected to the same WiFi network.
Here’s how to universally connect any device to a WiFi network based on statistics:
- On your phone, tablet, or another mobile device, go to the settings.
- Press the Network & Connectivity tab.
- From there, choose WiFi.
- Navigate to your own WiFi network.
- Tap on it once.
- Enter your WiFi security key.
- Tap on Connect and wait.
The thermostat will remain inactive in the application, since both the Vivint app and the status of your thermostat in the app, require a sufficient WiFi network.
Notice: Ensure that the network you’re connecting to is in a reliable state.
Solution #2 Pair Vivint With App
If after connecting your device to the internet the issue still doesn’t seem to be solved, perhaps your thermostat got unprogrammed from the app.
If that’s the case, what you should do next is pair your thermostat with the mobile app in the correct way.
Here’s how to connect your Vivint thermostat to the app in easy steps:
- On your thermostat, hold the side button for 10 seconds.
- In the following actions screen, press Installer.
- Go to Select Network.
- Tap your own WiFi connection.
- Choose Connect.
- In the Vivint app, your thermostat will become available in the “Add Device” section.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions.
Solution #3 Replace Vivint’s Batteries
If the thermostat refuses to communicate with the application, chances are that the batteries got worn out.
In that regard, your next move in the troubleshooting is to replace the device’s batteries as follows:
- Go over to your thermostat’s position.
- Slide down the bottom panel to expose the 4 battery units (4 AA batteries).
- Eject all of the old batteries.
- Acquire a fresh set of the same AA batteries.
- Insert them into the thermostat’s compartment.
- Close the panel.
Note: Once again, ensure that you’re connected to the internet as you check if the thermostat responds to the app.
Solution #4 Reinstall Vivint App
If replacing the batteries of your thermostat didn’t solve the communication issue with the app, you should reinstall the platform.
There could be an issue or a bug that is preventing the thermostat from communicating with the application, therefore you should reinstall it.
Here’s how to reinstall your Vivint application in easy steps:
- Go over to your mobile device’s storage unit.
- In the app section, locate the Vivint app.
- Press on “Actions” and choose “Uninstall” to remove the app.
- Then, head to the respective app store on your device (Google Play/App Store).
- Since Vivint is available for both platforms, download it on your device again.
- Once applied, connect with your thermostat with the instructions in solution #2.
Important: Check if your mobile device has enough free storage to download the application.
Solution #5 Reset Vivint Thermostat
If nothing worked so far, you should perform a factory reset on your Vivint thermostat to fix the issue.
That’s to say because if the problem wasn’t with the app, the communication problem is likely to be revolving around your thermostat’ software.
Here’s how to reset your Vivint thermostat in easy steps:
- From your thermostat’s home screen, press the SIDE button.
- Hold the button for 3 seconds straight.
- Press DOWN to highlight the installer option.
- Press Reset using the side button again.
- Confirm by hitting Reset once again.
Note: Your thermostat will reboot during the process. Make sure not to power it down or remove its batteries.
Vivint Thermostat Still Not Responding To Application…
If you’ve attempted all of our previous solutions and nothing so far managed to solve the problem, you might be facing a more complex issue.
The best next step would be to check if your warranty is intact and reach out to the Vivint customer center to demand some help.
In the base case scenario, they will identify the problem remotely and help you solve it.
Otherwise, you might have to wait a week or two to receive a replacement unit that will connect to the app.
Thus, to fix a Vivint thermostat that doesn’t respond to the app, check if your device is connected to the internet and reconnect the thermostat from the app. Replace the thermostat’s batteries and only then, factory reset the thermostat.
Read Next: Why Is Vivint Doorbell Not Ringing Inside House?
Now that you know why the Vivint thermostat not responding to app and how to solve app problems with ease, the rest is up to you.
Make sure that you give Vivint a call in case something goes wrong or you’re unable to fix the issue. They will make sure to provide you with additional info regarding the case.
- JBL Endurance Peak 2 Right Earbud Not Working? – Fix Guide - March 14, 2023
- Why Does My TCL Roku TV Keeps Restarting? – Easy Fix Guide - March 14, 2023
- Why Is Hulu Sound Out Of Sync? – Fix in Minutes! - March 14, 2023