Your Toshiba Fire TV remote not working and you’re wondering how to fix it? Look no further, because you’ve just found the best troubleshoot post out there!
First, we’ll try to identify your specific case and then resolve the problem using our proven solutions.
To fix your Fire TV remote, first, try discharging the device and replacing its batteries. Next, make sure nothing is obstructing the way to the receiver, clean the remote’s hardware. Lastly, you can try reprogramming the remote entirely and then reset your receiver.
Before we jump straight to the solutions, let’s first take a quick look at everything that could have happened so you can be prepared accordingly.
If your Toshiba Fire TV’s functionality is impacted by unknown matters, one of the main suspects is a dead battery.
Users report that batteries must be replaced at least once every 2 months to preserve the remote’s hardware and battery beds.
Besides the batteries, here is what else might have happened.
1. Improper Pair
Fire Stick remote could have not been paired properly, thus; it will not work. The remote could have also gotten unpaired, thus not working now.
There could be interference caused by other Fire TV remotes close to the one you originally used.
3. Problem with Charge
Bad charge of your Fire TV remote will prevent it from being used to control your receiver.
4. Broken Hardware
Lastly, if you broke your Fire TV remote’s hardware, it is possible that this is the reason it is not working anymore.
There are only general reasons, while there are many more possibilities hiding behind the curtain. Luckily our solutions will tackle each possible cause and hopefully your remote will be working by the end of this post.
Before we proceed, have you tried restarting your Fire TV?
Sometimes it could be a temporal glitch and with a simple reboot, you might have a decent shot at resolving the issue without much trouble.
But if the situation remains the same after the restart, here are some troubleshooting solutions you can apply right away:
The easiest solution so far is to discharge your Toshiba Fire TV remote effectively. This method is universal for almost any remote and it’s quite simple to execute.
Follow the steps down below to learn how to easily discharge your Toshiba Fire TV remote in a matter of minutes:
- Unscrew the battery compartment of your Toshiba remote.
- Turn the remote upside down and with a slight push, eject the batteries out of their socket.
- Hold the power button of your Toshiba remote for 1 minute while the batteries are ejected.
- Press EACH button on your Toshiba remote twice, except for the power button.
- Put the batteries back into their places and install the compartment.
Once done, try interacting with your Fire TV using the power button at first. We also suggest trying to change the sound levels to determine if the programming is correct.
If discharging the remote didn’t help in any way, perhaps the batteries are worn-out.
We suggest replacing your Toshiba Fire TV remote’s batteries to potentially fix the issue.
Here are some steps to replace your remote’s batteries:
- Open the battery compartment again.
- Eject the old batteries and dispose of them.
- Take a look in the battery compartment for battery leaking.
- Clean the inside of the battery beds.
- Acquire a fresh set of batteries and insert them into your remote.
- Install the battery compartment back in its place and screw it tightly.
After changing the batteries, wait for a couple of seconds for your remote to receiver charge and try interacting with your Fire TV to determine if the issue is fixed.
Another major reason for your remote not to work is bad programming.
For instance, after a reset, your remote could have disconnected from your Fire TV and you will have to press a specific sequence of buttons to reprogram the remote back to your receiver.
Here is how to reprogram your Toshiba remote in two ways.
To reprogram your Toshiba Fire TV remote through the home button, follow these steps:
- Get close to your Fire TV and press the home button on your Toshiba remote.
- Aim the remote directly towards the TV and hold the button for another 30 seconds.
- Confirm the pop-up message on your TV which should appear at the last 5 seconds of holding the home button.
At this point, the remote should be programmed and by pressing the power button your TV should turn off. If however, the programming did not work, check how to program with the play/pause buttons.
Here is an alternative way to reprogram your Toshiba remote using the play/pause buttons:
- Get close to your TV again and point the Fire remote directly at your TV’s LED.
- Hold the play/pause buttons for 50 seconds until your TV starts blinking.
- The same confirmation message will appear which you have to confirm.
Once you’re done, press the power button on your remote and if the TV turns off, the programming is successful.
If your Toshiba Fire TV remote is not working even after everything you’ve tried so far, maybe the issue may be found within your receiver (TV).
This is why we’ve prepared some troubleshooting tips in case the issue is with the receiver.
To hard reset your TV, follow these steps:
- Unplug the TV’s power adapter.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Plug the TV’s power adapter back into the source.
Make sure to reconnect all cables in your TV’ setup, including the power adapter itself.
Any HDMIs, internet, or Ethernet cable must be connected tightly and rest in a natural position.
Make sure you’ve chosen the correct source on your TV, of your Fire TV stick.
If you’ve chosen the wrong source, your remote will still be intact but you won’t get a visual on your TV of what’s happening.
Lastly, make sure to remove any physical obstructions or RF receivers that are blocking your Toshiba remote signal. Remove anything in front of your TV.
If nothing so far worked, the last step is to reset your remote. Keep in mind that once the reset is done, you will most likely have to reprogram the remote again following solution #3.
Here is how to reset your Toshiba Fire TV remote:
- Hold the MENU, BACK, and LEFT key buttons at the same time on your remote.
- Hold them down for 40 seconds.
- Release the buttons once the LED of your remote starts rapidly blinking.
Wait for a couple of minutes and your remote should indicate that the reset is complete by blinking once.
Then you can test its functionality and if it does not work, then you might start considering a replacement.
Read Next: How To Turn On Toshiba TV Without Remote?
To fix Toshiba Fire TV remote, first discharge the device and replace its batteries. Next, try reprogramming it to the TV and then troubleshoot the receiver (TV). If nothing works then you should reset the remote entirely.
Now that you know why Toshiba Fire TV remote not working, you should be able to easily fix the issue with our troubleshooting guideline!
Don’t forget that a simple drop or liquids inside could have left your remote broken, so if possible, test your Fire TV with another remote to determine the origin of the issue.
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023
- My Dyson Hair Dryer Stopped Working? (7 Quick Solutions!) - December 7, 2023
- White Rodgers Thermostat Blinking Flame? (7 Proven Fixes!) - December 5, 2023