Wondering why is Sengled Hub not connecting to WiFi? Keep reading to find out!
When Sengled Hub is not connecting to WiFi, users need to connect the hub to the router via Ethernet cable and then to the WiFi. In case that does not work, the internet should be inspected and any problems solved before further troubleshooting.
Let’s now learn how Sengled Hub has to be set up for the first time installation:
Installing A Sengled Hub (First-Time)
When installing your Sengled Hub for the first time you would need to take some extra steps and this might be the reason why you’re not able to connect to the WiFi.
In the steps below we’ve made sure to present everything as simple as possible for everyone to understand.
Here’s what you’ll need to do when setting up Sengled Hub for the first time:
- Download the Sengled Home application for the App Store or Google Play.
- Create a Sengled Account when you open the application.
- Login to the Sengled application with the recently created account.
- Tap on +Add Device at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Smart Hub from the options below.
- Connect the Sengled Hub to a wall outlet and make sure the power indicator is ON.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Hub to a network router.
- Connect your Sengled Home app host device to the 2.4Ghz network.
- Hit Next and Wait for 60 seconds.
- Do not select Next on the upcoming screen, choose “Set Up Using WiFi Instead”.
- Insert the 2.4Ghz WiFi password and press Next.
- Wait for the Hub to connect to the WiFi.
For the first-time installation, you would need to connect the Sengled Hub to the router via an Ethernet cable.
The WiFi connection comes next. However, from now on you would be able to connect the Hub to the router whenever necessary using only steps #10, #11, and #12.
Note: You can now disconnect the Ethernet cable between the hub and the router.
How To Fix When Sengled Hub Not Connecting To WiFi?
When you’ve executed the steps in the correct way but the Sengled Hub can’t connect to the WiFi, in most cases the user is doing something wrong.
Other times, the problem comes from somewhere else so here we’ll go through a chronological list of solutions to solve the problem!
Solution #1 Power Cycle The Sengled Hub
The very first method that we’re going to use against the connectivity problem with your Sengled Hub is the power cycle.
Also known as a “hard reset”, this method will circulate the power in your Sengled Hub, restarting ALL services and providing a fresh start.
Here’s how to power cycle your Sengled Hub in a few easy steps:
- Disconnect the Sengled Hub from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes while the device is unplugged.
- After the hub has cooled down, reconnect the device to the power outlet.
- Turn on the Sengled Hub and test connecting the device to WiFi.
In case this method did work and now your Sengled Hub is connected to WiFi, there is nothing to worry about since the occasion suggests a minor issue.
In contrast, if this method did not help and the problem is persistent, you should proceed with the next solution on our list.
Solution #2 Refresh The Network Router
In some cases where the Sengled Hub not connecting to the router, the problem is on the user’s side.
By this, we mean the home network, and more specifically, the network device (router modem).
Before restarting the network equipment, test the WiFi using another device!
In case the WiFi works, proceed with the next solution, otherwise, follow the steps below:
- Turn OFF the router/modem using the power button on the back.
- Disconnect the router from the power outlet.
- Unplug the Internet and Ethernet cables.
- Wait for at least 3 minutes!
- Reconnect the cables and plug the router back into the power.
- Turn ON the device.
For the WiFi to become functional, the router might need 60 seconds after the restart so be patient.
When the time comes, attempt to reconnect the Sengled Hub to the WiFi.
Note: It’s extremely important to use the 2.4Ghz network since the 5Ghz broadband is not supported by the Sengled Hub.
Solution #3 Connect Your Host Device To The WiFi
The next step, also related to the internet, is to make sure that your host device (with the Sengled app) is also connected to the same WiFi that you’re attempting to connect to the hub.
Here’s how to connect your device to the WiFi:
- Turn OFF the cellular internet (3G,4G, 5G).
- Turn ON the WiFi from the Settings.
- Select the WiFi of your Sengled Hub.
- Insert the password and make sure that the device is connected.
Now when you’re confident that the Sengled app host device is actually connected to the WiFi, use the instructions at the beginning of the guide to connect the Sengled Hub to the WiFi.
Tip: If you’re concerned about the WiFi/internet, perform a free internet speed test online.
Solution #4 Clear The Sengled App Cache
The connection to the WiFi happens from the Sengled app. In that set of thoughts, when the application is not functioning well, nor is the connectivity will.
Here we’ll learn how to clear the cache data of any app on your Sengled app host device and make sure there are no corrupted files that could be preventing the WiFi connection from happening.
Here’s how to clear the application of bad files and corrupted data:
- On the Sengled app, the host device goes to Settings.
- Locate the tab that says Apps or Storage.
- From there select the Sengled application.
- Choose Clear Data from the list of options.
- Then only select Clear Cache Data or Clear Cache.
This might take a few moments, but once the data is cleared the application would be provided with a fresh start.
This operation will definitely disconnect you from the Sengled account so you would need to log in manually. When you’re ready, test connecting the Sengled Hub to the WiFi.
Solution #5 Reinstall The Sengled App
This is one of the more drastic measures against WiFi connectivity problems with the Sengled Hub.
Cleanly reinstalling the application would completely exclude this possibility from the equation, leaving you with fewer things to consider.
Here’s how to cleanly reinstall the Sengled app from your host device:
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Go to Apps or Storage to find the Sengled application.
- From there delete the application.
- Open the App Store or Google Play.
- Search for the Sengled app and hit download.
- When the app is downloaded, log in to your account.
- Test connecting the Sengled Hub to the WiFi.
In case the problem persists, there is one more thing that you can do:
Solution #6 Contact The Sengled Support
Luckily the Sengled devices are supported by a team of professionals you can inquire about your problem on their Helpdesk.
In there you only need to click on the Send Us A Message button.
When you’re there fill up the fields as follows:
- Your email address – “email@example.com”
- Subject – “Smart Hub Not Connecting To WiFi”
- Description – a detailed explanation of the problem and what you’ve tried
- Attachments – you can include images of any errors and internet speed
It might take a few hours to receive a message back, but the support team will definitely unwrap this problem and help you with the next step.
Tip: This might be a good moment to check whether the Sengled Smart Hub warranty is intact.
Thus, when the Sengled Hub can’t connect to the WiFi, users need to power cycle the device, reconnect their host device to the same network and reinstall the Sengled app. In case that doesn’t help users need to leave a message to the support team.
Now that we’ve learned why Sengled Hub not connecting to WiFi and how to solve the problem in a matter of minutes, we no longer have to wonder why it’s not connecting.
The most important part is to check the home WiFi since it could be deceiving us into thinking that the Sengled Hub won’t connect, while the problem is on the user’s side.
For more relevant content, make sure to check our blog and discover the solution you need!
- How to Fix LG Sound Bar Remote Not Working? – Working Solutions - January 27, 2023
- Kitchenaid Freezer Not Working But Fridge Is? – Fixed! - January 27, 2023
- JBL Bluetooth Headphones Won’t Turn Off? – Complete Fix Guide - January 27, 2023