If the Ring doorbell night vision not working, it won’t be able to serve you well, and this might lead to security breaches at your residence or office.
The Ring doorbell is a high-tech security device that is a must-have for your home or office.
With features like motion detection and night vision, the Ring doorbell alerts you on your PC, tablet, or mobile phone when there is someone at your doorstep.
If your Ring doorbell night vision is not working at all, you’ll have to adjust the infrared settings, which are responsible for the night vision feature. If the problem persists, consider rebooting the Ring doorbell, checking internet speeds, and cleaning the doorbell camera.
Perhaps the significant benefits of using the Ring doorbell night vision feature are that it helps you stop any burglary intrusions while also making you aware of what’s happening at home, especially at home.
Reasons why Ring doorbell Night Vision isn’t working
In this article, you’ll get insights on how to fix your Ring doorbell if the night vision feature isn’t working. Apart from the leading causes, here are other possible causes why night vision isn’t working:
A faulty wiring could also be the reason for night vision, among other issues like video keep freezing. This may be a result of faulty wiring. To fix this, check the Pro Power Kit to ensure it’s installed correctly. The Pro Power Kit ensures that you have enough power for your doorbell.
Add Infrared Floodlights
Your Ring doorbell camera may be getting too little infrared light. Adding infrared floodlights will light up your camera and ensure that it captures better infrared footage.
How to Fix Ring Doorbell Night Vision Not Working – Steps
Step #1 Adjust Infrared Settings
One of the main reasons for Ring doorbell night vision not working is infrared not being set up correctly. Ring doorbell is designed to illuminate an area with infrared light. It’s similar to how the floodlight works by flooding an area with light.
Since most crimes happen at night, the infrared light comes in handy and could save you from losses after a burglary.
Here’s how to change infrared settings:
- Find the Ring app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Tap the three dots at the top corner of the screen.
- To access the Night Vision settings, go to Video Settings.
- Set Night Vision to auto.
Because infrared light is outside of the visible light spectrum, you won’t be able to see any light that’s being sent out by this device.
Ring doorbell also has color night vision, a feature that uses a camera’s built-in processor to add color to recordings even when it’s dark outside.
Step #2 Check Internet Speed
Apart from affecting night vision, slow internet particularly leads to a myriad of issues like low video quality and the inability of Ring to send you alerts.
Here’s how to fix slow internet speed:
- Test bandwidth speed on your mobile device by going to Google and searching “internet speed test.”
- Ensure that your internet upload speed is at least 2MB per second; that’s recommended for floodlight cameras.
- Test your Ring doorbell night vision once more.
- If the problem persists, restart your WiFi router, then test again.
Other home devices such as game systems and TVs can also cause interferences that might lead to a weak internet speed which will, in turn, affect your Ring doorbell.
Note: Depending on the layout of your home, you may need to move your WiFi router closer to the Ring device or place the router in a central location.
Step #3 Reboot Ring Doorbell
If you experience a problem with a unique feature, such as night vision, rebooting the device may fix the issue. It’s reasonably easy to reboot the Ring Doorbell, but if it is hardwired, you’ll need to remove it before rebooting.
You will need to remove the screws from the unit to access either the button or the power terminals at the back.
Follow these steps to reboot your Ring doorbell:
- On the back of the Ring doorbell to locate an orange button.
- Press and hold the orange button for about 30 seconds.
- On the front side, ensure you see a flashing light which means the doorbell is rebooting.
- Wait for about 5 minutes as the doorbell resets.
- The light will go off after the reboot is complete.
Step #4 Clean Dirt on Camera Lens
The Ring doorbell has an in-built camera. If everything else in your Ring doorbell functions correctly but you’re still getting no night vision, it means there is a problem with the camera.
Over time, dirt and dust build up on the lens of your Ring doorbell, which can make it harder to see clearly and could be the reason for Ring camera night vision not working.
Because the camera lens is a high-quality optic, you need to handle it with care.
Here’s how to clean Ring doorbell camera lens:
- If you notice dust or other debris on your lens, you can wipe it down with a soft, damp cloth.
- For tough, sticky smudges on the lens, clean the lens with a drop of eyeglass cleaner.
- For water spots or other materials on the lens, use a soft cloth dampened by a cleaning solution to wipe gently.
The camera should not be used underwater, so never submerge it in water when cleaning.
Using paper towels, rags, and tissues for cleaning the camera lens is not recommended. These materials leave lint behind and can scratch the lens coatings.
Ring Night vision not working can be resolved by adjusting infrared settings, having faster internet upload speed, rebooting the Ring doorbell, or cleaning dirt on the camera. Follow the step-by-step guide to try out the fixes, and your night vision will be working again.
In case the Ring doorbell night vision not working issue isn’t resolved by the troubleshooting steps above, you should contact customer support.
There may be something seriously wrong with your Ring doorbell, and if you call or email customer support quickly, you will be able to resolve your issues before they get out of hand.
- How to Use Sengled Bulb Without Hub? – Complete Guide - September 26, 2022
- How to Fix Crunchyroll Offline Viewing Not Working? - September 26, 2022
- Graco Swing Not Working When Plugged In? – Complete Fix Guide - September 26, 2022