In case the resubscribe to Hulu not working and you’re looking for a solution then this post is what you’re looking for.
Here we’ll discuss the Hulu subscription plans, how to resubscribe and how to solve any problems that might appear along the way.
When your attempt to resubscribe to Hulu fails, you should check if you’ve got enough available funds necessary for the transaction. In case that’s not the problem, you should check whether the billing information that you’re providing is correct.
In case you’re wondering what plans are there and which one to choose, here are all of the subscription plans offered by Hulu:
1. Basic Hulu
Comes at a price of $6.99 and can offer up to 2 simultaneously watching users.
2. Hulu (no ads)
Just for $12.99, you can get the basic Hulu version but without any ads on your streams and broadcasts.
3. Hulu + Live TV
For $69.99 you can get access to the basic Hulu plan (ads included), but with full access to 75+ channels of live TV.
4. Hulu + Live TV (no ads)
The best plan you can get at Hulu comes at $75.99 and has the perks of the Hulu + Live TV plan but with no ads included.
Note: There are premium plans that include other streaming services such as Disney + and ESPN+.
Regardless of whether you’ve already had a subscription that expired, or you’re a first-time subscriber experiencing issues, the solutions guide below will definitely help.
Sometimes all it takes is to relog from your Hulu account to solve the problem with the billing verification.
This solution will refresh your account settings, causing Hulu to load your account one more time which can solve any problems with subscribing.
Here’s how to relog from your Hulu account in easy steps:
- Go to the home screen of the Hulu application on your device.
- Press the cogwheel to open the settings tab.
- Choose “Log out” from the prompt.
- Once redirected to the login screen, write down your credentials
- Tap on “Sign In”.
- Repeat the steps above to resubscribe for Hulu.
Tip: If you have a hard time recalling your credentials, you can tap the “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Username” button on the login screen.
If you cannot resubscribe to Hulu, perhaps you have insufficient funds in your bank account.
This can often happen, especially if you pay bills automatically or deposit anywhere on the web, so it’s recommended that you verify that your funds are enough.
Since we don’t know what bank account or online payment service you’re using, you will have to navigate there and check what the money situation is.
If you don’t have enough for the Hulu plan you were attempting to subscribe to by now, you will have to deposit enough, so that the payment can go through.
Tip: Always make sure to have $1 or $2 dollars available more than the Hulu subscription requires.
This solution applies to Hulu users that are using the Hulu application and not the online web browser service.
If you’re trying to subscribe to the Hulu service through an application, you must have the latest version of Hulu downloaded and installed.
Here’s how to update the Hulu application on your device in easy steps:
- Head to the app store of your TV/phone/laptop.
- Write “Hulu” in the search field.
- Tap on the “Update” button that will appear on the application screen.
- Wait for the download and installation to go through.
- Go back to Hulu and attempt to resubscribe.
Notice: If you can’t see an “Update” button for the Hulu app in the app store, check the app manager of your device for the update.
What can cause issues with your payment is incorrect payment details.
Especially if you’re paying with a credit/debit card for the Hulu subscription, you can mistype the number of your credit card.
The 3-symbol CVV can also be wrong, which will also result in false payment.
Here are the payment details you should ensure you’re writing down correctly:
- Credit/debit card name (case sensitive)
- Credit/debit card number
- Credit/debit card CVV
- Credit/debit card expiry date
You should note that your credit or debit card could’ve expired if the date on the front card had already come by.
Notice: All of this information can be found on the surface of your physical credit/debit card.
If subscribing is still not working, perhaps there’s a technical or software problem with the plan you’re trying to subscribe for.
Although there are 2 groups of Hulu plans (with and without live TV), their only difference is a couple of dollars.
In that regard, if you’re going for the basic version, attempt to subscribe for the ad-free plan just for a couple of dollars on top.
For more information regarding problems with the plan, you’re trying to subscribe to, contact the Hulu assistance team.
Tip: It’s recommended to get in touch with Hulu customer service if subscribing to a different plan works.
A variety of users that enjoy Hulu through the web version admitted that clearing their browser’s cache (cookies and history) solved the subscribing problem.
Walking out from that, this solution will be only helpful to those, who use the Hulu web version and not the application.
To clear your browser’s cache, follow these instructions:
- Open the problematic browser on your device.
- Tap the “three dots” on the top right.
- Tap on “History”.
- Choose “Clear History” by tapping the button on the top.
- From the side menu, tap on “Cookies”.
- Select the “Clear Cookies” button at the top of the page.
- Test Hulu subscription plans.
Alert: Clearing your browser’s cookies and the cache will cause you to be logged out of all sites you’ve signed in to.
You can resubscribe to Hulu at any time, from your account page. For this purpose, you will have to choose your expired subscription plan or another that suits you the most.
Hulu has to offer 4 great subscription plans that you can check above, and here is how to resubscribe:
- Ensure that you’re logged in to the account you wish to resubscribe from.
- Go to your account settings.
- Tap on Subscribe for Hulu.
- Choose one of the plans we’ve reviewed in the previous paragraph.
- Once done with your decision, tap on the subscribe button beneath the plan.
- Choose your payment method.
- Insert the billing credentials for that method.
- Confirm the payment if your bank has a 2-step verification.
- You’re done!
Note: In case resubscribing didn’t work, check some of the solutions above!
Thus, when resubscribing to Hulu does not work you should inspect the billing details and available funds. Then you should re-log from your Hulu account, reinstall the entire app, and if you’re using a browser, clear the cached data.
Read Next: How To Block Ads On Hulu App iPhone?
Here is why the resubscribe to Hulu not working and how to fix the problem.
Always remember that you can get in touch with Hulu customer service when it comes down to billing issues to get the problem solved as soon as possible!
- Bosch Dishwasher Not Cleaning Well? – Here’s How to Fix - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Shark Robot Vacuum Error 9 Easily? - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Wyze Plug Flashing Blue Light? – Complete Guide - November 24, 2022