Whenever Philo not working on Firestick and instead the application crashes right away, there are a few things to inspect to eventually solve.
The Philo application is dependent on internet connection and account limitations.
Besides that, there are quite a few things that could go wrong and in this post, we’ll cover them all!
The Philo application is most likely not working due to outdated Firestick firmware. The app will also not open in case of an internet outage or you’ve simply reached the Philo streaming limit. Last but not least are the Philo server’s uptime and current state.
Besides the general occasions, there are quite a few more situations in which you’ll be prevented from opening or streaming content within the Philo app.
Let’s learn more!
1. Outdated Philo/Firestick Version
Outdated software is prone to issues. The app might not work in case your Firestick is not up to date!
2. No Internet
Not having your Firestick connected to WiFi will result in the Philo app not working as well as any other online platform.
3. You Have Connected to a VPN
Philo requires the original location settings written in your account and a VPN software may prevent you from connecting.
4. The Streaming Limit has been Reached
There is a certain limit on how many users can stream content on Philo from the same profile. Reaching that limit will not allow you to use Philo on the Firestick.
5. Philo Servers are Down
The servers of the Philo application may be temporarily down, which will also prevent you from connecting.
Now when the main suspects are concerned, it’s time to proceed with addressing each of them in the next part of our guide.
The solution includes a few mandatory steps which we’ve managed to cover in our guide.
Make sure not to skip any of our solutions to ensure that you’ll address each possibility.
Here is how to fix it when Philo is not working on Firestick:
As we’ve mentioned earlier, Philo requires an active and reliable internet connection to stream content.
In that set of thoughts, if your Firestick isn’t connected to a network or the WiFi is too weak, you will not be granted access to Philo’s contents.
Here’s how to connect the Firestick to the internet and stream on Philo:
- In your Firestick menu, tap the Settings icon.
- Go to Network.
- Choose your home WiFi network from the available options.
- Enter the correct WiFi password for the WiFi.
- Tap “Connect”.
- Wait for the Firestick to get paired.
Note: By the time you’re attempting to get your Firestick connected, ensure that the network router device is up and running.
Users reported that most app-related issues on Firestick are due to a built-up app cache.
By getting rid of all this data, you will boost the performance of your Firestick, along with many other applications, including Philo.
This method has a high chance of solving the problem so let’s learn how:
- From the home screen of the Firestick, go to the Settings.
- Tap on Applications.
- Choose “Manage Installed Applications” and select the Philo app.
- Choose Clear Cache or Clear Data.
- Repeat for all problematic apps on your Firestick.
Note: It’s not possible to clear the entire app cache at once.
Having your Firestick connected to a VPN may prevent your access to a variety of online streaming platforms, such as Philo.
In such a case, what you have to do is disconnect your Firestick from the VPN it is currently paired to and test the Philo platform.
Since we don’t know whether you have a VPN installed and what is its type, that will be your job to do.
Identify any VPN software you have installed on Philo, by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
If the VPN has an option “Disable”, stop the software from working or delete it entirely.
Note: A VPN connection to a distant location can greatly decrease your WiFi speed!
In case your Philo app or the Firestick OS is outdated, this may cause a variety of issues concerning the applications or their functionality.
In that regard, you first need to update the Philo application from the app store, and if that doesn’t solve the problem, update your Firestick as well.
Let’s begin with updating Philo first:
- On your Firestick, go to Settings.
- Choose “Applications”.
- Tap on “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Choose “Philo” from the list of available apps.
- Select the “Update” button from the screen.
- Go to the settings of your Firestick.
- Access the “Software Update” tab.
- Tap on “Search for updates”.
- Next, select “Update” and wait for Firestick to begin.
Note: Do not shut down your Firestick while an update is ongoing!
A quick fix to the problem with the Philo application is reinstalling the entire platform.
If any of Philo’s data got corrupted, removing and then downloading Philo is your way to go.
Here’s how to reinstall the Philo app on your Firestick easily:
- Open the Settings from the Firestick’s menus.
- Go to Applications.
- Once again, tap on “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Search for Philo and delete it from the available action settings.
- Once you remove Philo, go to the Firestick’s app store.
- In the search field, write “Philo”.
- Download the Philo app.
- Login to your account and test.
Note: The Philo app should take no longer than 1-2 minutes to install.
If nothing worked so far, a factory reset is recommended. Perhaps the problem is with your Firestick, rather than the Philo app since reinstalling the platform didn’t work.
Alert: The reset will entirely erase ALL contents and system settings!
Here’s how to factory reset your Firestick device in easy steps:
- Tap the Settings icon from your Firestick’s main menu.
- Go to “My Fire TV” by scrolling down in the settings.
- Choose “Reset To Factory Defaults”.
- Confirm that you want to reset your Firestick.
- Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
Once the reset is over, you should re-connect your Firestick to a proven-to-work WiFi after which re-download the Philo application. After everything is ready, Philo should be working as expected without any further issues.
Tip: If the problem persists, contact Philo customer support for more supervision.
Thus, to fix whenever the Philo application is not working on a Firestick, begin with checking your internet and if the device is connected. Next, clear the application cache data and stop any active VPNs. Proceed with updating both your Philo app and Firestick and conclude with a factory reset.
Read Next: How To Fix Philo Not Loading On Roku?
Now when you know why Philo not working on Firestick and how to solve the problem, you should already be enjoying the contents within the app.
If you find this post helpful and you’re having other technical difficulties, make sure to check our blog for the solution!
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023