Whenever the Philips digital TV antenna not working, there are plenty of things you can attempt to resolve the problem.
If the digital TV antenna of your Philips TV isn’t working, your device won’t be able to pick up any channels.
This problem is usually coming from issues with the signal, software of the TV, or the programming.
To fix the Philips digital TV antenna of your TV, re-connect the antenna and perform a hard reset on the Philips TV. Next, re-scan for channels through the TV menu and carry out an auto-programming. You should also factory reset your Philips TV.
The most common and well-known problem that users experience when trying to “catch” over the air signal via antenna, is inappropriate programming.
We’re going to discuss the correct way shortly, but first, let’s review ALL possibilities in regard to the problem.
1. Antenna Improperly Connected
Your Philips TV scans for programs over-the-air and if the antenna is not connected properly, you won’t be able to do that.
2. Outdated Software
In case you’re using outdated TV firmware, some of the services responsible for discovering channels might not be active.
3. Wrong Programming
You might have chosen the wrong settings for the programming feature and no channels were found for your preferences.
4. Bad Antenna Positioning
Placing your antenna near Wi-Fi receivers, IR transmitters, or other electronic devices might cause interference.
5. Bad Weather
Thunderstorms, heavy rain, and furious weather can easily prevent the over-the-air signal until it’s cleared out.
Those were all the causes that could have impacted your Philips TV’s antenna functionality.
The solutions below are designed to be followed consecutively so make sure that you’re following our guidelines in the correct order.
That will help you identify the origin of the problem and solve the issue in no time!
Here’s how to fix your Philips TV digital antenna not working.
There’s a chance that your Philips digital antenna is connected improperly to the TV. You should reconnect the antenna and power cycle your TV.
That will help you solve any bad connections and power-related glitches that could be causing all that fuss.
Here’s how to power cycle your TV and reconnect the antenna:
- Turn OFF your TV using the remote.
- Disconnect the Philips antenna from the back of your TV.
- Disconnect both your TV and antenna from the power source.
- Standby for 5 minutes with both of the devices disconnected.
- First, reconnect yourTV to the power and then your antenna.
- Connect your antenna to the back of your Philips TV.
- Test the antenna functionality.
Note: When power cycling, ensure that you’re plugging both of your devices securely into (if possible) a standalone power source. Avoid using power dividers.
If your Philips digital TV antenna is not working, then you’re probably doing something wrong during the programming of your TV.
In that regard, next, we’re going to provide you with the correct way to scan for channels.
Here’s how to program your digital Philips TV antenna:
- Go to the settings of your TV.
- Ensure your antenna is securely connected to the TV beforehand.
- Open the programming section of your TV settings.
- Make sure you choose “DIGITAL” and not “ANALOG” in the following tab.
- Press “Over-the-air” and click begin.
Note: If you’re not confident you can do the programming by yourself, in the first tab of the section you should find an “Auto program” button that will do it for you.
You should attempt to plug your antenna into a different power outlet to resolve the problem with the channels of your TV.
In case your antenna is not plugged in or not receiving power, it would not work, therefore you won’t be discovering any channels soon.
Here’s how to connect your antenna to an alternative power outlet:
- Unplug your digital antenna from the current power outlet.
- Locate a suitable source to connect your antenna.
- Attach the power adapter to a new power source.
- Feel free to use an extender in case the cable does not reach the TV.
In case the antenna is still not working, then you can start suspecting the power adapter (cable) delivering power to your antenna.
Let’s find out how you can replace it easily.
If your digital TV antenna doesn’t seem to be working or indicating any signs of life, there could be an issue with the power adapter.
You should replace the power adapter of your antenna to check if this will resolve the problem.
Note: The AC power adapter is standard and is really easy to acquire from nearby technical stores.
Here’s how to change the power adapter of your digital TV antenna:
- Disconnect the power adapter of your antenna from both ends.
- Connect the fresh adapter to the antenna and then the source.
- Reconnect the antenna to your Philips TV.
- Retry the programming.
Note: Feel free to use the programming guide in solution #2, every time you need to re-scan for available channels.
Now when you’re confident that the antenna is working, since you’ve replaced the power adapter and power source, it’s time to check if the positioning is correct.
Follow the bullets below to make sure that the position of your antenna is not the problem:
- Place as high as possible in the room.
- Locate the antenna near a window.
- Remove ALL electronic devices nearby (on top/below/near the antenna).
- Stretch the antenna body by pulling (depending on the type of the antenna).
Note: Don’t forget that the weather outside is related to how good you’ll be discovering channels.
In case of bad weather, make sure to wait out a few hours and test again.
By now we can conclude that your antenna is working well (if functional). Instead of only looking for the problem in your antenna, you should troubleshoot your TV as well.
You have to update your TV’s firmware and execute a factory reset to solve the problem.
Let’s begin with updating your TV:
- Head over to the System tab of your TV.
- Go to the “Firmware” or “Version” tab.
- Choose “Check for updates” and then click on “Update now”.
- Wait for the update to conclude.
- Go to the settings of your TV.
- Head to the “Reset” tab.
- Choose “Reset now”.
- Wait for the update to finish
Note: Make sure to rescan for channels following the instructions in Solution #2 once I've applied the troubleshooting.
Thus, to fix a non-working antenna on Philips TV, re-plug the antenna cable and perform a hard reset on the Philips TV. Then relocate the antenna, change the power adapter and power cable in case it’s still not working. Lastly, you should update and factory restore your TV.
Now that you know why Philips digital TV antenna not working, we hope your troubleshooting was successful.
In case the problem persists you should test the antenna on another TV and determine whether you need a new antenna or more help with the TV.
- Sanyo TV Screen Goes Black After A Few Seconds? Complete Fix! - May 13, 2022
- Why Sonos Move Won’t Connect To Bluetooth? Fix Guide - May 13, 2022
- How To Delete My Peacock Account? Complete Guide! - May 13, 2022