If your Peacock not working on PS4 we got just the right solution for you!
There are quite a few well-known streaming issues with Peacock on gaming consoles.
Luckily, there are twice as many solutions that will help you resolve all of these issues in a matter of minutes.
If the Peacock streaming service isn’t working on your PS4, first try hard resetting your PS4 and check the internet connection. Next, reinstall the application and make sure you’re writing the correct login credentials. Lastly, clear your PS4’s cache.
Next, we’re going to unveil the possibilities behind the problem you’re experiencing and then move on to the proven solutions to help you solve the issue.
There are a variety of problems that could be preventing Peacock or any other streaming services from loading up on your PS4.
In most cases, the problem is with your console or the way you’re doing things.
Regardless of the problem’s origin, we will make sure to cover the general suspects:
1. Memory Problem
An issue with your PS4’s memory or cache could be preventing Peacock from loading up.
2. Internet Connection
If your internet is really weak or non-existent you won’t be able to access Peacock.
3. Faulty Credentials
Sometimes you might be using the wrong login credentials for your Peacock account, therefore you won’t be able to open the application.
4. Problematic Media
In case you’re able to access the application, but can’t play any media, you might have to consider changing the movie/TV show you’re trying to watch.
5. PS4 Problem
Sometimes the problem is directly connected with your PS4 and by restarting the console, you can actually solve the issue.
With the upcoming solution guide, we’ll address each of the potential causes until you identify and resolve the problem.
We assume you’ve already tried restarting the application at least several times. This is why we suggest restarting the entire console, to see if that will help.
Note: Application might be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance by Peacock.
In case the problem concerns only you, proceed with the solutions below:
The most standard approach against any application problems with your PS4 is a firm hard reset.
Also known as a power cycle, this method will discharge your PS4, reboot all services and hopefully, Peacock will open afterward.
Follow the instructions below to hard reset/power cycle your PlayStation4:
- Power OFF your PS4 from the start menu.
- Unplug the power adapter from the wall outlet.
- Wait for around 5-10 minutes until your PS4 completely cools off.
- Connect the power adapter into a different power pocket (optional).
- Boot the console and test out Peacock.
If the application refuses to start or it has problematic behavior, proceed with the next solution.
If you’re allowed into the application, it is worth trying to relog from the application.
Keep in mind that this solution is ONLY going to work for users who are able to access Peacock.
Here is how to relog from the Peacock application:
- Press the settings button at the top of your page.
- Select “Logout” and wait to get redirected.
- Write down the CORRECT credentials for your Peacock login.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
If you’re still unable to use Peacock on your PS4, let’s proceed with the next solution.
The most frequent problems that occur with online streaming platforms are a result of a bad or non-existent internet connection.
If your PS4 loses connectivity with the home WiFi at any point, you will be unable to access Peacock’s content and stream anything.
Follow the steps down below to reconnect your PlayStation to the WiFi:
- Open the Settings tab in your console.
- Scroll down and select “Set up internet connection”.
- Choose “Wireless” and wait for the PS4 to scan for networks.
- Locate your household’s network & highlight it.
- Enter the password for your WiFi.
- Go over to your Peacock application and check if the issue is still there.
If everything seems reliable with the WiFi connection, then the problem might not be in the connectivity. Maybe your Peacock application is outdated so let’s find out!
Some applications require the latest firmware versions in order to be compatible with a variety of platforms.
The same thing applies to your PS4, therefore we suggest checking Peacock for available updates to resolve the problem.
Follow the steps down below to update your Peacock application:
- Go over to the app store in your PS4 and select “Applications”.
- You can tap on “Installed” or simply search for Peacock.
- Tap on the original Peacock application and there should be an update button if there is an available firmware upgrade.
Note: If you’ve enabled automatic applications updates, make sure that an installation has happened from the action log in your PS4’s menu.
In case Peacock not working on PS4 even after updating the version, you should know that each application requires a specific amount of dedicated storage.
If your PS4’s memory and storage are full, you will most likely experience the same problems with other applications and not only with Peacock.
You can free up storage on your PS4 by going to Settings > Storage > Applications.
Make sure to delete all unnecessary files and applications you may have installed on your PS4 to help it run faster and smoother.
Once you’re done, exit the storage unit and test the Peacock app.
If nothing worked so far, perhaps you should try reinstalling the entire Peacock application in an attempt to solve the problem.
This way you will clear out any corrupted data from your console that may have developed over time, preventing you from using the app.
Here is how to reinstall the Peacock application on a PS4:
- Go to your PS4 storage unit from the settings and locate Peacock.
- Uninstall the application and then head to the app store.
- Locate the Peacock platform and install it back on your PS4.
- Run the app and log in to your account.
- Test if the problem is fixed.
After reinstalling Peacock, the problem shouldn’t be there any longer.
However, if you’re somehow experiencing the same problem, you should be aware that Peacock has a support page from where you can receive further attention regarding your issue.
Simply report your problem. Who knows? Maybe the application is temporarily down for everyone and all you need to do is wait for a while.
Tip: At this point, you should test the Peacock application on a different device to justify whether it’s working or not.
Read Next: How To Delete Continue Watching On Peacock?
If Peacock is not starting on your PS4, power cycle the device to reboot all services. Next, check the internet connection and relog into your Peacock account. Then free up some storage on your PS4 and if it does not help, reinstall the entire application.
After understanding why Peacock not working on PS4 and how to fix it, you should be capable of resolving the problem on your own.
You should be prepared to deal with such issues at any time, so save this post so you can have these solutions available whenever you need them!
- Does Ring Doorbell Work With Vivint? – Complete Guide - September 21, 2022
- Does Blink Camera Require Subscription? – Is it Possible? - September 21, 2022
- Can Someone Else Access My Blink Camera? – Complete Facts! - September 19, 2022