Whenever the Paramount plus not working on LG TV there are quite a few things to inspect before rushing to a conclusion.
The Paramount plus app is available on your LG TV app store to download, install and enjoy its contents.
However, there are certain conditions that should be met in order for Paramount plus to open and work on your LG TV.
Let’s learn more!
Your Paramount Plus application will not work whenever your LG TV is not connected to the WiFi or the internet is currently down. In addition, outdated versions, corrupted data, or bad installation are also possibilities to inspect.
Now when you’re aware of what could be causing the problem, let’s jump straight into the solutions and get the problem solved in no time!
Let’s begin with the obvious:
First of all, if your LG TV is currently not paired with the WiFi network, you will be unable to connect with the Paramount Plus streaming service.
Walking out from that, you must verify the internet connection of your LG TV and then attempt to open Paramount Plus again.
To connect your LG to the WiFi follow these instructions:
- Hit the SMART button on your LG TV’s remote.
- Select the Settings option and then hit OK.
- Navigate to Network.
- Choose WiFi Connection.
- Locate your home WiFi network and press on Connect.
- Input the WiFi password for the network.
- Wait for the connection to be verified.
Note: If your router is too far away from your LG TV, the connection will be slow.
Running an outdated version either on Paramount Plus or your LG TV will result in the startup problem that you’re experiencing.
You should update both of the instances (your TV and Paramount) and then test starting up the streaming platform.
Let’s begin with updating Paramount Plus:
- On your TV, navigate to the LG Content Store.
- Go to My Apps in the options section.
- Locate the Paramount Plus app.
- Highlight the options of the application.
- Choose the “Update” in the app settings.
- Wait for Paramount Plus to be updated.
- On your LG TV remote, press the Home or Smart button.
- Go to the Settings.
- Navigate to the All Settings tab.
- Choose “General” from the menu underneath.
- Scroll down and then select “About this TV”.
- Enable “Allow automatic updates”.
- Press “Check for updates”.
- Choose “Update Now”.
Note: Ensure to test Paramount both after updating the app itself and after updating your TV’s OS.
What makes the apps on your LG TV load slow or not work at all is overfilled cache and app data.
Cleaning this cached content will enable your TV to turn faster and fix any loading problems with the installed applications, involving Paramount Plus.
To erase all TV cache and data on your LG TV, follow these instructions:
- On your TV, access the Settings.
- Go to Apps, which is found under the General tab.
- Swipe from the right side to the left to locate the All tab.
- Scroll through the list using your remote.
- Select an application to view the info.
- Tap on “Clear cache”.
- Repeat for all installed applications on your LG Smart TV.
Alert: Clearing all of the cached data at once is impossible, so you will have to do it individually with each application installed.
Reinstalling the problematic application usually solves any loading or platform-specific problem that you might be experiencing.
In your case, reinstalling Paramount Plus is the best way to go at this point.
Here’s how to quickly reinstall Paramount Plus on your LG TV:
- Go to the app manager from the Settings tab.
- Locate the Paramount Plus application from the list.
- Tap on “Info” and then choose “Uninstall”.
- Go to the LG content store on your television.
- On the search field, type “Paramount Plus” and hit “Search”.
- Once results appear, download Paramount Plus.
- Login to your account and test the platform.
Notice: Reinstalling Paramount Plus will automatically update to the latest available version.
As we’ve mentioned earlier, problems with the internet are your biggest enemy when you’re experiencing issues with online streaming platforms.
In fact, even if your internet is reliable, but weak, especially with streaming platforms, you may experience much buffering or the app won’t work at all.
Here are some smart ways to fix internet issues with your network:
- Power cycle router – Unplug your router from the power source for 5 minutes.
- Reduce internet usage – Stop downloads, uploads, and video streaming.
- Use a different WiFi – Share hotspot from your smartphone to test with.
Tip: Test the Paramount Plus application after each of these fix attempts.
One of the reasons that Paramount plus not working on LG TV is that the subscription expired.
Renewing subscriptions for streaming platforms through your LG TV is definitely possible but it would be much easier through your phone or computer.
For this solution, you will need your smartphone or a computer to renew the subscription to Paramount Plus.
- On your PC, laptop, or phone, go to the web browser.
- Go to paramountplus.com/lg.
- Login to your Paramount account.
- Go to “Subscriptions”.
- Choose your plan and tap on “Activate”.
- Follow the payment prompts in the next on-screen instructions.
Note: Ensure that you’ve entered the same Paramount Plus account through your browser that you have on the LG TV.
If nothing from our fixes managed to get the Paramount Plus application going on your LG TV, you should factory reset the TV.
That will help with any software bugs and glitches that are stopping the Paramount app from working and will also erase all contents from your device.
Here’s how to reset your LG TV in easy steps:
- Grab your LG TV remote.
- Press the Start/Smart button.
- Choose the gear Settings icon on the top of the screen.
- Go to General.
- Locate the Reset to Initial Settings from the options list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to choose your reset preferences.
Alert: Choosing “Full reset” will erase all settings and contents. Selecting “Partial reset” will enable you to choose which partitions should be reset.
Thus, to solve the problem where Paramount Plus is not working on LG TV, begin with restarting the TV and reinstalling the application. Proceed with clearing the cached data for the Paramount app and renew its subscription.
Now that you’re aware of why your Paramount plus not working on LG TV it should be easier to localize and solve the problem.
In case nothing from our solutions worked and the Paramount plus application is still not working, you can contact their support team for help.
Don’t forget that your LG TV is also a suspect for the problem so check whether you have this problem on other applications as well.
In such cases, the factory reset is always at your disposal so make sure not to skip this method.
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023