When Paramount Plus not working on Firestick, you should inspect ALL possibilities to localize the cause of the issue.
Like any other online streaming application, Paramount plus have some requirements which if not met, the application will either not work, or deliver problems.
This is why in this post we’ll cover every possible cause and the respective solution to help you out.
Paramount plus could not be working because of a bad installation, corrupted data, no internet connection, or account problems. The solution includes an approach to all of the possibilities which will definitely take you one step further.
Let’s first take a look at the possibilities one by one and later proceed with the solutions against each of them.
Here is a list of ALL possibilities that could be preventing the proper Paramount plus functionality on your Firestick:
1. Filled App Cache
Corrupted app cache data is what causes most problems with the applications on your Firestick.
2. Outdated Paramount App
Paramount plus installed on your Firestick could be outdated and, in turn, may not be working
3. No Internet on your Firestick
Internet is required to access online streaming platforms. If the Firestick isn’t paired with your network, Paramount won’t work.
4. Account Issues
Paramount plus users report that account problems may occur, which will essentially prevent you from accessing the application on Firestick.
5. Quality is Not Compatible
Even if your TV is 4K, most Fire Sticks can support only up to 1080 full HD. Playing content on 4K may cause problems with the Paramount app.
Since there are quite a few reasons why your Paramount plus is not working on Firestick, you would have to focus both on the app and on your Firestick.
We suggest testing other applications, besides Paramount to find out whether they work or not.
Depending on the outcome you would know which of the solutions below will help.
A great first solution to test out the situation is to force close the Paramount app on your Firestick and reboot the device.
A widely populated opinion is that problems with the platform occur upon booting the app, so by force closing it, you should be able to solve this problem.
Follow these instructions to reboot the app and your Firestick:
- In the Paramount app on your Firestick, press the cogwheel icon.
- Choose “Exit”.
- Find the power menu of the Firestick.
- Choose “Shutdown” or “Restart”.
- Start your device or wait for the restart to undergo.
- Once the Firestick has started, access the Paramount app to test.
Alert: Give your Firestick a minute or two to load on the home page before accessing the Paramount app.
No internet connection is probably what’s preventing you from watching Paramount Plus on your Firestick.
In that set of thoughts, your most audible choice at the moment is to get your Firestick connected to the internet and test.
Here’s how to reconnect the Firestick device to the internet in easy steps:
- Ensure that the Firestick is running on the home screen.
- Press the cogwheel icon at the top to open the settings.
- Once there, navigate to the Network tab.
- In there, search for your household’s WiFi connection.
- Enter the password to connect to the WiFi.
- Choose “Connect”.
- Wait for your Firestick to pair.
Tip: Do not proceed further before you’re confident that your WiFi is intact.
Having an outdated version of Paramount Plus app will cause a variety of functionality problems with the platform.
You should check if there’s an available, newer version of the Paramount app and update it.
Here’s a detailed instruction on how to get the Paramount Pus app updated:
- On your Firestick, head to the integrated App Store.
- On the search field, write “Paramount Plus”.
- Tap the first result using your remote.
- Search for an “Update” button instead of a “Download” one, since you have the app.
- Wait for the update to undergo (may take several minutes).
Alert: Don’t cancel the update halfway since this can create corrupted data with Paramount Plus app.
Keep in mind that this solution will only help users that can access Paramount Plus home screen.
Thus, if your problem doesn’t even allow you to reach the login page, proceed with our next solution.
This is how to relog from your Paramount Plus account on Firestick:
- Tap the cogwheel on the bottom right of Paramount Plus.
- Select “Sign Out”.
- Wait to be redirected to the login page.
- Ensure that you’re writing your credentials correctly.
- Tap on “Sign In” and test Paramount Plus.
Alert: Paramount Plus uses a separate account system from Amazon, so don’t mix up the credentials.
You should also attempt reinstalling the Paramount application from your Firestick to solve any corrupted data that is causing the problem.
If you were running an outdated version of the app by now, this will automatically update Paramount Plus.
This is how to reinstall Paramount Plus application in easy steps:
- From the home screen of your Firestick, find the Apps section.
- Use your voice or the search field to find the Paramount app.
- Select the app you wish to uninstall.
- Delete Paramount Plus.
- Head to the Application Store and reinstall Paramount Plus.
Notice: Clean installing Paramount Plus will sign you out of your account so you will need to log back in.
When Paramount Plus not working on Firestick, then maybe the application is under maintenance at the moment.
Instead of dealing with the problem now, you can use your Firestick browser to enjoy Paramount Plus.
They’ve designed a flawless, bug-free, web version of Paramount Plus, so you don’t need the application at all times.
Here is how to watch Paramount Plus on your Firestick, through the browser:
- Open your web browser of your Firestick through the home screen.
- Tap on the search field at the top and write “Paramount Plus”.
- Search for results.
- Tap the first result, which should be the original Paramount Plus site.
- Log in to your Paramount plus account.
- Start watching content.
Alert: When searching for results, make sure that you’re at the original Paramount website.
Thus, to fix the Paramount application on a Firestick, begin with rebooting both the app and your Firestick. Then inspect your WiFi connection, update the Paramount application then, proceed with Firestick firmware, and conclude by performing a clean installation.
Now that you know why Paramount Plus not working on Firestick and what the solution includes, you should already be able to stream content without an issue.
If the issue persists even after all of the solutions above, then you should get in touch with Paramount plus customer service.
We hope that this fix guide was helpful for you to solve the problem you were experiencing and if you’ve got other issues, make sure to check our online technical blog.
- Bosch Dishwasher Not Cleaning Well? – Here’s How to Fix - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Shark Robot Vacuum Error 9 Easily? - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Wyze Plug Flashing Blue Light? – Complete Guide - November 24, 2022