Your Nanit won’t connect to WiFi and you can’t fix it? The solution is simple!
The problem with the WiFi connectivity of your Nanit device could be resolved with simple solutions and some troubleshooting.
We will guide you through all possible methods that are proven to work and get your Nanit device connected in no time!
To fix when Nanit won’t connect to WiFi, relaunch the Nanit application and update it to the latest version. Next, power cycle your network device (router or modem) and select the correct baby monitor in the app. Finally, factory reset the Nanit device!
Let’s learn more about the Nanit issue and why is it occurring!
What Are the Nanit Connection Issues?
There are quite a few different reasons why your Nanit device is unable to connect to the internet.
This is why next we’re going to review ALL possibilities for the problem!
Nanit baby monitor connection issues could be caused by:
- A problem with the Network Device (router/gateway/modem)
- The Nani baby monitor is too far away from the network device
- There’s an issue with the Nanit mobile application
- You’re not performing the initial setup correctly
Let’s now look up how to resolve the Nanit device connection problem in minutes!
How To Fix When Nanit Wont Connect to WiFi?
After learning what could have happened to your Nanit device, it’s time to troubleshoot the root cause of the problem.
Your Nanit device’s WiFi connectivity could be interrupted as a result of a network outage, which you can troubleshoot relatively easily!
Without further ado, here’s how to fix when the Nanit device won’t connect to WiFi!
Solution #1 Relaunch the Nanit Application!
If your Nanit device isn’t getting paired no matter how many times you’ve tried, you should relaunch the platform.
Since the application itself is responsible for hosting the wireless connection between both devices, this is where we’ll look first!
On your mobile device, Exit and Remove the app from the memory, then open it again!
It’s important to remove the Nanit application from the temporal memory so the platform could properly restart.
Once removed the platform, give it a couple of minutes and then relaunch the application. Sign in if you have to and attempt to connect your device.
Note: Now is a good time to check whether your home WiFi connection is intact.
Solution #2 Correct Wi-Fi/Device Selection
During the setup of the device, you must select the correct model of the device in order to make it discoverable.
This is essential when choosing the Wi-Fi network for your device or the Nanit device itself.
When the wrong options are selected, it results in a failed Wi-Fi setup failure!
Follow these steps to make the correct device selection:
- Open the Nanit app.
- Go to Settings.
- (Important) Select the model of the Nanit device you wish to pair.
- Select the correct Wi-Fi network for the device.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to complete the setup.
What Networks Are Compatible With Nanit?
Overall, the pro series of the Nanit devices are compatible with 5GHz networks.
All of the other ones could only be paired only to a 2.4GHz as of the time we’re writing this.
- Nanit Plus and Pro cameras/monitors are compatible with a 5GHz network.
- Standard Nanit cameras could only connect to 2.4GHz WiFi.
Note: Based on your Nanit device, make the correct WiFi selection and test the pairing.
Solution #3 Power Cycle Network Router!
If the device still fails to connect, then perhaps there’s an issue with the network device.
In such a case, you could perform a Power Cycle/Hard Reset on your router.
This method helps with both software and hardware problems with Nanit devices so it’s worth trying.
Here’s how to perform a power cycle on the network router:
- Go over to your Network Device.
- Locate the Power button on the network device.
- Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds.
- Wait for the device to shut down.
- Unplug the Power adapter of the router/modem.
- Wait for another 5 minutes.
- Reconnect the power cable and turn on the device.
The power cycle is a process that usually takes time to work. Since the goal is to discharge your device and help the unit cool down, keep the device unplugged for as long as possible!
Note: Once the network device starts up, attempt to connect the Nanit device to Wi-Fi.
Solution #4 Update the Nanit Application
If the Nanit application is running an outdated software version, no wonder why your device is unable to hook up to the network.
What you should do next is update the firmware version of the Nanit application and then test the device’s connection.
Here’s how to update the Nanit application in simple steps:
- On your mobile device, head to the App Store/Google Play.
- Go to Installed Apps.
- Locate the Nanit platform from the list of apps.
- Enter the app details of the Nanit platform.
- Instead of a download button, look for an Update option.
- Initiate the update for the Nanit app.
- Wait for the update to finish.
- Launch the app and test the connection.
Alert: Do not turn off your device or cancel the update halfway, since this could cause corrupted data with the Nanit platform.
Solution #5 Move Nanit/Router Close to Each Other
Many users have suggested moving your Nanit device or router closer to one another.
This helps keep a stable connection and enables fast internet speeds, which could be the problem in the first place.
This is extremely important with the 5Ghz network broadband.
Simply relocate your Nanit device close to your network router (5-10 meters)!
In addition, ensure that both of the devices have clear sight of each other at all times.
If the connection has to travel too many thick walls, the signal could become weak and therefore your Nanit will refuse to connect.
Note: Only for this solution, test connecting to the WiFi, while standing next to the router!
Solution #6 Reinstall the Nanit Application
Reinstalling the Nanit application is going to help with any in-app issues with the platform that are preventing connectivity.
This is also a great solution for whenever the app has generated too much app cache. Instead of clearing it separately, the reinstall does it at once!
- On your mobile device, go to Settings > Storage and uninstall the Nanit app.
Once the app is removed from your device, head back to the app store and download and install the application again.
Sign in with your profile and go to the Setup page. Attempt to connect your Nanit device to the application and then to the WiFi.
Note: When uninstalling the app, make sure to remove all cloud and data saves!
Solution #7 Factory Reset Nanit Device
If nothing worked so far, then you should perform a Factory Reset on the Nanit baby monitor.
This is going to reset all software configurations of the Nanit device and resolve the problem like magic.
However, there is a downside. All settings will be permanently lost.
To perform a reset on your Nanit baby monitor, follow these instructions:
- Examine the panels of your Nanit device.
- On the back or the side panel (depending on the model) find the Reset button.
- Ensure that the baby monitor is plugged in.
- Press and hold the Reset button.
- Keep holding the button for more than 10 seconds.
- Let go of the reset button.
- Wait for the Nanit baby monitor to go into reset mode.
- Check if the connection issue is fixed.
Alert: If you hold the reset button for less than 10 seconds, the device will not reset.
Thus, the solution to the Nanit WiFi connection issues is to relaunch the application and Power Cycle your Network Device. Next up, update the Nanit app to the latest version and relocate your network device and perform a factory reset on the Nanit unit.
After learning why Nanit wont connect to WiFi you should be now capable of resolving the problem on your own.
Consider reaching out to the Nanit merchant’s assistance team for further association regarding the problem.
They will help you with any kind of issue!
To unveil more solutions to issues with your smart-home devices, check out our blog!
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023
- My Dyson Hair Dryer Stopped Working? (7 Quick Solutions!) - December 7, 2023
- White Rodgers Thermostat Blinking Flame? (7 Proven Fixes!) - December 5, 2023