Wondering why is Maytag dishwasher clean light blinking? Stay with us to learn!
A steady clean light at the end of the Maytag dishwasher clean cycle is completely normal.
However, trouble comes when the clean light on your Maytag dishwasher starts blinking so continue reading as we unwrap the reasons and their respective solutions.
To fix the Maytag dishwasher’s blinking clean light, ensure that the unit has a proper water supply with pressure and clean the suds from the bottom tub.
In case that doesn’t help all users also need to inspect the stuck float switch, or reset the Maytag dishwasher.
Let’s unwrap more!
5 Reasons Why Maytag Dishwasher Blinking Clean Light?
If the clean light on your Maytag dishwasher is constantly blinking, your unit may be facing water or heating issues.
However, other factors may also cause the clean light blinking so let’s take a closer look, in order to be able to identify the issue faster!
- Stuck Maytag Float Switch
- Low Water Pressure or Flow
- Foam or Suds in the Tub
- Defective Drain Pump or Hose
- Faulty Assembly Heating Element
- Malfunctioning Control Board
- Defective High Limit Thermostat
Let’s next jump straight into the solutions!
How To Fix When Maytag Dishwasher Clean Light Blinking?
Tip: Follow the steps in chronological order to fix the blinking Maytag dishwasher light!
1. Power Cycle the Maytag Dishwasher!
The first and most-effective solution against the blinking clean light on the Maytag dishwasher is to perform a reset.
This method will refresh all services, restart the cycle and eliminate any errors that appeared accidentally or are unreasonable.
Here is how to reset the Maytag dishwasher in easy steps:
- Disconnect the Maytag dishwasher’s power supply.
- Wait for about 2 minutes for the machine to discharge.
- Connect the Maytag dishwasher to the power outlet.
- Test whether the clean light is still going to be blinking.
Note: Keeping the Maytag dishwasher unplugged for longer also cools down the machine!
2. Inspect Maytag for Foam and Suds!
Next, inspect the Maytag dishwasher tub for accumulated foam or suds and clean thoroughly because the unit will stop operating if it detects any buildup layer.
In those cases, the clean light would definitely start to blink before or after the washing cycle.
Here is how to inspect for the foam and suds in the Maytag dishwasher:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the power outlet.
- Open the door and remove the racks and dishes.
- Inspect the bottom tub for suds and try to scoop.
- Next, pour 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil.
- Then run a full wash cycle without adding detergent.
- During the full cycle, add detergent to the dispenser cup.
When you’re ready with the maintenance cycle, check to see if the clean light continues to blink and if yes, try the following solutions!
3. Inspect the Maytag Float Switch!
Sometimes the reason why the clean light on the Maytag dishwasher is blinking is due to stuck and failed float switch.
This means that the switch is no longer able to detect the correct level of water inside the dishwasher and the clean light is blinking as an indication.
Here is how to inspect the Maytag dishwasher float switch:
- Turn off the Maytag dishwasher power supply.
- Unscrew the bottom access panel of the unit.
- Find the float switch from the right side.
- Try pressing it to check if it gets unstuck.
- Replace the switch if it does not come loose.
- To replace the switch, remove the connected wires.
- Unscrew the float switch and take out the component.
- Test the switch by connecting the probes of a Multimeter.
- Check the results:
- If you get a zero reading, then the float switch is functioning.
- If you get infinity, replace the old float switch with a new one.
Tip: Our best recommendation would be the HAOYU Maytag Dishwasher Float Switch!
4. Unclog the Drain Hose!
If the light on your Maytag dishwasher continues to blink at the end of the wash cycle, check the drain hose for blockages, kinks, or twists.
This is necessary because these defects prevent and block the dishwasher standing water from draining and being left sitting in the unit.
To unclog the Maytag dishwasher’s drain hose, disconnect the power and turn off the water valve to stop the water as well. Next, you can locate the drain hose, located at the back of the garbage disposal, and gently take the hose out.
A few tips for cleaning the Maytag dishwasher drain hose:
- Clean the inside of the hose using a long brush.
- Run water to wash away all the accumulated particles.
- Rain in water multiple times to unclog properly.
After cleaning the drain hose, turn on the power and run a wash cycle, then check to see if the clean light blinks or illuminates at the end of the cycle.
If blinked, then try the other solutions.
Note: A steady clean light on the Maytag dishwasher is normal and the built-in functionality!
5. Reset Maytag Control Lock
Sometimes the reason why the clean light on the Maytag dishwasher is blinking could be due to a software failure rather than a clogged component or faulty hardware.
This is why the next step is to reset the Maytag dishwasher control panel and hopefully stop the blinking light.
Here’s how to reset the Maytag dishwasher’s control panel in easy steps:
- Find and press the Resume/Cancel button!
- Press and hold the control lock for 3 seconds.
- Note: The button will not be lit, it will be dull.
- Unplug the machine from the power for 1 minute.
- Reconnect the machine to the power outlet.
- Start a wash cycle to test for clean light.
Tip: Switch the Power Supply!
Now is the best time to exclude the possibility of power fluctuations, which are very likely to prevent the Maytag dishwasher from operating optimally.
This could sometimes cause the clean light to start blinking so connect your Maytag dishwasher (directly) into a different outlet.
Note: Avoid plugging your Maytag dishwasher into power strips, power dividers, or smart plugs!
6. Test the Maytag Drain Pump!
The dishwasher’s drain pump can occasionally cause problems with water pressure inside the appliance.
To justify this, simply test your appliance by observing whether it drains standing water within 10 minutes or not. If not, then test the drain pump, maybe it is malfunctioning.
How to Reach the Drain Pump?
- Stop the power and the water!
- Remove the hose from the disposer.
- Take out all the utensils and racks.
- Remove the top mounting screws.
- Then take out the machine from the cabinet.
- Lay down the unit on a towel or soft cloth.
- Remove the wiring harness near the pump.
- Gently release the tabs and take out the pump.
- Test via Multimeter:
- If you get the reading, then unclog the drain pump and setup it back.
- If you get no or infinite readings, replace the drain pump with a new one.
Note: Our top recommendation would be the OEM Assembly Pump with Maytag support, but still check the user’s manual for the exact model.
7. High-Limit Thermostat Failure?
The Maytag dishwasher clean light blinking 7 times is a prime indication of a defective part, which is most frequently the high-limit thermostat or the heating element.
To justify these assumptions you’ll need to test both of these components at home.
How To Find the High-Limit Thermostat?
- Unplug the power, stop the water, and take out all utensils.
- Disconnect the hose and unscrew the dishwasher screws.
- Find the high-limit thermostat in one of the bottom corners
- Remove the wires from the thermostat so you can safely eject.
- Release the brackets and disconnect the thermostat from the unit.
- Next, test the thermostat for Continuity by using a Multimeter.
Note: Best recommendation: SUMNEW High-Limit Thermostat Kit!
In case nothing from the guide above managed to help and the clean light is still blinking on your Maytag dishwasher, perhaps you could use some professional help.
Feel free to contact Maytag Support and share the issue that you’re experiencing.
Tip: Share what you’ve attempted in this guide to save time!
Whenever the Maytag dishwasher clean light blinking, reset the dishwasher, remove the sud or foam from the dishwasher tub, inspect the float switch, and unclog the drain hose.
In addition, you could also test the drain pump and high-limit thermostat for continuity.
Read Next: Maytag Dishwasher Won’t Drain? – Fix Methods
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023