Wherever you find the Life360 app not working correctly, chances are that your device has encountered a software error.
There are many different ways in which your Life360 app can malfunction. The app might constantly crash, turn off your phone, or freeze.
Even if you encounter any of these issues, don’t worry we have you covered.
This article will show you multiple ways to troubleshoot Life360 app issues.
To fix your Life360 app from not working, first, you need to manually force-stop it. Then you have to check your device’s permissions setting and ensure that the latest software version is installed. Lastly, clear the cached files and reinstall the Life360 app.
Now that you are aware of the solutions for the Life360 app not working, let’s first check what causes this problem in the first place:
Why Is Life360 App Not Working?
When the Life360 app is not working correctly, the causes are either within the app configuration or due to an error within your device.
These issues can come after a new app update, or right after you installed the app for the first time.
Here is a list of common causes for the Life360 app not working correctly:
If your device has outdated firmware or the app is not running the latest version, you can encounter multiple issues.
When your device has suffered water or physical damage to its logic board or internal storage, your downloaded apps might malfunction.
The Life360 app requires specific permissions to be enabled before you can use all its features as intended.
If the app got its data corrupted during the download or installation, there is a high probability it will not work.
When your device where the app is installed runs into cache errors, this can cause your app to crash.
Note: If you notice that your Life360 location is not accurate, it's most likely due to a poor internet connection.
Always ensure that you use the fastest possible network for the best results.
How To Fix Life360 App Not Working?
Before troubleshooting, please ensure you are not using any mobile hotspot to connect to the internet.
Additionally, you must log in to just one device with the same Life360 account. You can’t use multiple devices with the same account simultaneously.
Lastly, confirm that your device has at least two bars of internet connection indication, as anything less might severely impede the Life360 app performance.
Please ensure that you perform the solutions below in the given order and without skipping any for the best results.
Solution #1 Force Stop The Application
Force-stopping an application can clear any run time errors and constant app crashes. We will show you how to perform this on Android and iOS devices.
Here is how to force-stop the Life360 app on your Android device:
- Open your Settings on your Android device
- Tap on Apps and then tap on Applications (sometimes called Manage Apps)
- If you are using a Samsung device, tap on the Application Manager option instead
- Find the Life360 app from the list by scrolling down
- Tap it and then select the Force Stop option
To force quit an app on an iOS device, follow these steps instead:
- Run the App Switcher and swipe right to find the Life360 app
- Swipe up on the Life360 app to force quit it
After performing these steps, reopen the Life360 app from the home screen and see if you still face any problems.
Note: If your device uses low battery power saving mode, this can disable the location services required by the Life360 application.
Solution #2 Check App Permissions
The Life360 app requires that you have specific permissions always enabled in order for it to run correctly.
The steps to access the permission settings can vary depending on your device’s software version and operating system.
Some of the permissions will ensure the best location tracking for your Life360 app and boost its accuracy.
Here is a list of permissions you must have enabled for the Life360 app:
- If using an Android device, you must verify that the High Accuracy Mode is enabled from the settings panel.
- Ensure that the location and Bluetooth permissions are enabled.
- If you are using an iOS device, please ensure that the location settings are configured to “Always” for the Life360 app.
Alert: You need to have the Physical Activity and Precise Location toggled on if your device has these additional settings available.
Solution #3 Update The Firmware On The Device
You need to ensure that any pending updates on your iOS or Android devices are installed before using the Life360 app.
These operating system updates can alter how your device handles Bluetooth or location settings.
Here is how to check if your Android device has pending updates available:
- Open your Android Settings application
- Tap on the System option and then tap on System update
For iOS devices, the steps for checking for an update are very similar:
- Open the Settings tab on your iOS device
- Tap on General and then select Software Update.
If you see any pending updates, simply install them when connected to a WiFi network and restart your smartphone or tablet.
Note: If your smartphone has the Data Saver setting enabled, this can cause your Life360 app to track location inaccurately.
Solution #4 Clear App Cache And Cookies
The most common cause of my Life360 app is not working is often due to an error within the cached files for the application.
You need to clear your app’s cached data to remove any such errors. Please be aware that doing so will erase any stored information, so it’s best to have it backed up.
To clear your cached data on an Android device:
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap on the search field and type the word Apps
- Find and Tap on the Manage Apps option
- Find the Life360 app by scrolling down the list and opening it
- Tap on the setting Storage or Storage and Cache
- Tap on Clear storage and then tap on Clear again to confirm
- Relog to your Life360 account again and check if the issue persists
To clear your cached data on an iOS phone or tablet device:
- Tap on the Settings app on your iOS device
- Scroll down the list until you find the Life360 app the list, and open it
- To clear the cache, enable the slider called Clear app cache on the next launch
Note: Ensure your device doesn't have airplane mode toggled on during use, as this will prevent your Life360 app from working.
Solution #5 Reinstall The App
If your Life360 app is not working correctly, it could be due to an error during its installation.
You need to delete and reinstall the app to ensure this is not the issue. There are some extra steps to do even after a fresh install.
Here is how to reinstall your Life360 app:
- Tap and hold the Life360 app icon on your device and then delete it
- Find the app from the Google Play Store or App Store and download it again
- After the app is installed, check that all the required permissions are enabled
- Log in to the app with your credentials, and ensure you are not logged in with the same account on a different device.
Note: If your phone is using any VPN, please disable it, as these will interfere with your location and cause the Life360 app to malfunction.
Read Next: How To Trick a GPS Tracking Device?
To fix your Life360 app not working, force stop the app and ensure all the required permissions are granted. Then update all apps on your phone and clear your cached files. Lastly, delete and reinstall the Life360 app on your device.
Now that you know what causes most Life360 app not working correctly, we hope you can use our provided solutions to fix the issue.
If you still can’t get your Life360 app to work, please contact the Life360 support team for additional help.
- YouTube TV NBC Not Working? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Fire TV? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Homekit Remote Access Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - February 2, 2023