Is your Kenmore dishwasher not spraying water? That will certainly cause a headache, but we hope it doesn’t last.
We have all the solutions you can need regarding the problem!
A Kenmore dishwasher that fails to spray water into the dishes might have insufficient water coming from the supply, or the circulation pump cannot make the water go to the arms. Otherwise, it is possible that some components inside are clogged, such as the spray arms, filter, or even the chopper blade.
At first, it is difficult to tell what the cause is, but investigating a bit and having the right info will help you determine the problem. Below you will learn how to fix your dishwasher!
Kenmore Dishwasher Not Spraying Water – Reasons
As convenient as dishwashers are, they are not flawless. Sometimes a small issue will make you wonder what’s going on.
For example, is your Kenmore dishwasher water not spraying? Then let’s discuss what might be causing the problem:
When the spray arms don’t spray water into the dishes, you can suspect that the circulation pump is defective and unable to send water to the correct places.
✅ Water Source
Hoses can sometimes leak or become loose. When any of those happens, water might not enter the dishwasher correctly, or the pressure will not be enough.
✅ Clogged Components
It is also highly possible that the spray arms or some other part of the dishwasher’s inside are clogged. It is necessary to unclog the dishwasher regularly.
✅ Clogged Chopper Blade
If your dishwasher model has a chopper blade to help get rid of leftovers, you must check if it is clogged. That is dangerous but necessary.
Fix The Kenmore Dishwasher Spraying Function
After checking the main causes that can cause a dishwasher to stop spraying water, let’s move to the solutions.
We hope that you don’t need to replace any components. However, if that’s the case, you better equip yourself with some tools!
1. Unclog The Spraying Arms
The easiest solution when your dishwasher is no longer spraying water is to try and unclog it.
First, it is necessary to check the spraying arms’ condition and unclog them, but also check how the dishwasher’s filter is doing.
It could have too much clog, which will also block water circulation.
So here are the steps:
- Remove the sprayer;
- Rinse the sprayer arm with warm water;
- Scrub the sprayer arm and remove any stubborn debris;
- Soak the sprayer arm in a mixture of warm water and vinegar or a dishwasher;
- Rinse the sprayer arm again;
Some stubborn dirt can be allocated in the arm’s small holes. For those, you will want to use a toothpick.
Clean The Filter
It is no use unclogging the sprayer arms but leaving the filter dirty.
So you will do the following:
- Remove the filter;
- Scrub away all the debris;
- Rinse it under water;
- Use soap and vinegar (if necessary) to clean well;
Next, reattach the components to the dishwasher and run a cleaning cycle. Finally, pour vinegar into the dispenser.
2. Check The Chopper Blade
Some Kenmore dishwashers have a chopper blade. That blade helps cut the residues into smaller pieces to get out through the pipes.
However, if you leave too much food in your dishes, the blade might get clogged. That will make the whole system halt.
- Unplug the power from your dishwasher;
- Remove any panels that cover the chopper blade;
- Use protective gloves to handle the blade;
- Remove the blade;
- Clean thoroughly where the place is located;
- Wash the blade and let it dry;
The chopper blade should be very sharp. If you notice that it is no longer as sharp and doesn’t cut residue very well, you must sharpen it or ask a professional to do it.
Alternatively, you might need to buy a replacement if the blade is too worn out.
3. Investigate The Water Supply
Have you already checked if the water-conducting hose is fine? Perhaps your water supply is the culprit.
It is time to investigate if you notice that not a single drop of water is coming from the water sprays, and the dishwasher doesn’t even make a noise.
- Detach the water line from the back of the dishwasher;
- Check its length for cracks, thin spots, or visible leaks;
- See if there are any kinks, and then undo it.
If the hose leaks, you will have to buy a new one and put it in its place.
Check The Pressure
Enough water pressure is important so the spraying arms can wash the dishes. Open a tap on your house to check if the water pressure is the problem.
Then, if a gauge in your house controls the pressure, you must check it and see if you need to allow more water pressure.
Note: It is also possible that you are using too much water simultaneously. Don't use the dishwasher along with other water-consuming appliances in the kitchen at the same time.
4. Locate The Circulation Pump
The circulation pump is one of the most probable culprits behind the issue. That’s because water might get in when it gets defective but will not go where it should.
It could be clogged or truly defective. Here is how you can check its status:
- Disconnect the dishwasher’s power supply;
- Remove the bottom rack;
- Locate the circulation pump;
- Clean the pump’s surface and its surroundings;
- Check if there are cracks or leaks;
- Ensure that the impeller rotates freely.
Test The Pump
Depending on the pump’s appearance, you might want to test it. Here is how:
- Detach its wires carefully from the dishwasher;
- Touch a multimeter’s probes to them;
- Check the results.
If the issue is definitely on the pump, you must replace it.
How To Replace The Pump
Finding a new circulation pump for your dishwasher should be no big deal.
Once you have it in your hands, do the following:
- Use pliers to let go of the hoses in the pump;
- Unscrew its securing items;
- Fully remove the pump;
- Put the new pump in place;
- Secure it and attach the wires and hoses.
Note: When checking the circulation pump, it is a good idea to check the other components nearby. Clean them and inspect if there is no leak, loose wires, mold, etc.
5. Fix Or Replace The Sprayer Arm’s Seal
The sprayer arm’s seal could be the culprit behind the sprayer arm being unable to deliver water to the dishes.
That’s because without the seal being well adjusted, water will not have enough pressure or will not have the correct flow.
Here is what you must do:
- Find the sprayer arms;
- Check for visible damage on the seal;
- Touch the seal with your fingers to examine if rough spots are present;
- Check if the sprayer arm is capable of rotating freely.
The steps above will help you determine if the problem is in the seal and, if so, what sort of problem it is.
Sometimes, you can use tools, such as pliers, to tighten the seal and guarantee the correct water pressure.
Replace The Seal
However, if the seal is in bad condition, you will have to replace it.
- Remove the retaining clip;
- Take the sprayer arm;
- Discard the old seal;
- Remove debris and dirt from the area;
- Put the new seal in place;
- Ensure the sprayer arm lines up well with the hole;
- Reattach the retaining clip.
Tip: Once you have replaced the seal, remember to unclog the dishwasher more frequently. The amount of dirt inside of it will slowly compromise its internal components.
What We Learned
Is your Kenmore dishwasher not spraying water? Now that problem is certainly gone!
If your Kenmore is not under warranty, you should feel free to investigate all of its internal parts and find the troublemaker.
You must remember to keep your dishwasher unclogged and its water supply intact.
Read Next: Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Locked Light On?
- Hisense TV Screen Mirroring Without WiFi – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023
- How To Make TCL Roku TV Go Straight To Cable? - September 30, 2023
- Can I View My Wyze Camera On My PC? – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023