Whenever the iHome clock display not working there is a wide range of possibilities and twice as many solutions to attempt.
To fix when the iHome Clock display is not working, you should make sure that the brightness level is not OFF and adjust the clock time. Then you should inspect the power adapter, and the backup battery and if necessary, perform a factory reset.
Let us learn how to fix the issue.
To solve the display problem on your iHome clock, you should undergo a series of troubleshooting steps that will target all possibilities.
Let’s start with the simple solutions first:
When the digital display is simply black, with no indication that the device is actually working, you should first attempt to increase the brightness.
Since there are a few stages of brightness, one of which is OFF, that would mean that your display might simply be dimmed.
To increase the brightness single-press the Snooze/Display button. In case the display is simply dimmed, you should be seeing the digital clock after one single press.
However, attempt pressing the button to go over all stages including, High, 3, 2, Low, and OFF.
Note: Even when the display is set to OFF, alarms will still be active.
You should attempt to solve the display problem with your iHome clock by adjusting the time. This is helpful, especially when the digital display is frozen.
iHome has provided a time sync source and an adjust button that will enable you to correct the time if the display is fading, not working, or numbers are missing.
Here’s how to adjust your clock’s time and solve the display issue:
- On the back of your iHome clock, locate the Adjust and Time Sync buttons.
- Press both of the buttons until the unit’s time flashes on the display.
- Now use the “+” or “–” until numbers show on the clock screen.
Alert: If the display doesn’t respond at all when pressing the +/- hold the clock adjust and the time sync buttons for longer time intervals.
If the display of your iHome clock doesn’t seem to be working, a great solution is to power cycle the unit.
Since this problem could be caused by an OS failure, discharging the device and rebooting the software should help.
Here’s how to power cycle the iHome clock in easy steps:
- Turn the iHome clock upside down.
- Unplug the clock’s power adapter.
- Locate the backup battery latch and remove it.
- Eject the battery inside of your iHome clock.
- Wait for 5 minutes with the clock’s battery taken out.
- Re-insert the battery and install the battery latch.
- Plug the clock’s power adapter back into the power source.
- Test your clock out.
Alert: Make sure to keep the battery out for the last 5 minutes for the power cycle process to work.
Using the iHome enhanced application may cause issues with your display due to syncing problems.
A workaround rather than a direct fix is to attempt to manually pair your iHome clock to your phone.
If the iHome clock display not working problem still persists, a manual pair should get the display and the time working again.
Here’s how to manually pair the iHome clock to your phone using Bluetooth:
- Make sure that your iHome clock is turned on.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 2 seconds.
- Open your device’s Bluetooth menu.
- Search for a connection labeled with “iBT620”.
- Tap the connection to complete the pairing.
Tip: If the manual pair doesn’t work, ensure that you’ve configured the iHome clock through the iHome enhance application.
Although your iHome clock receives power with a power adapter, there’s a backup battery just in case the power adapter has gone faulty and the clock has to go black.
In such cases, replacing that backup battery to solve the display problem with the digital clock.
Note: The iHome alarm clock uses 1 CR2450 3V Lithium-Ion backup battery that’s usually supplied upon purchasing the product.
Before you begin, make sure that you acquire the replacement battery for your iHome clock and proceed with these instructions to replace the old one:
- Open the iHome clock’s battery compartment.
- Eject the old battery and throw it away.
- Grab the replacement battery and put it inside the clock.
- Adjust the battery so the electricity pole’s polarity matches the battery’s.
- Once done, close the battery compartment.
- Run your alarm clock and test to determine if the issue is fixed.
Note: Make sure to use a brandnew battery for your iHome clock or the display will still refuse to work.
Your iHome digital clock must be plugged in all the time for the display to work.
If the electricity source is having power fluctuations, your clock’s display may often go out or the hardware of the device won’t receive electricity at all.
Before you buy any replacement cables, we suggest plugging the clock into a different outlet to test things out.
Avoid plugging the clock along with many other devices into the same power divider, since this could reduce the power income of the iHome product.
Alert: Test the new power source of the clock by plugging a different device beforehand to determine if the power supply is reliable.
Resetting your iHome clock will most certainly solve any software issues with the display.
The only scenario that the reset won’t work is when any of the internal parts/power adapters of the clock had gone faulty.
Here’s how to reset the iHome clock in easy steps:
- On the back of the clock, locate the reset pinhole.
- Grab a paperclip or an object similar in size.
- Insert it into the reset port and hold it for less than 2 seconds.
- Pull out the thin object.
- Wait for your clock to reset.
Alert: To reset the clock, the device must be running and plugged in, even if the display isn’t showing anything.
The power adapter of your clock may have gone faulty. If that’s the case, there won’t be anything else for you to do except for replacing the problematic adapter.
This will solve the display problem with your iHome clock and is the last shot you’ve got.
The power adapter that iHome clocks use is the 9IH507SW, 7,5V, 2.14A AC. You can acquire one of these from Amazon today, for the approachable price of $21.99.
Since the power adapter is not that device-specific, you can acquire one for an even cheaper price, as long as the ports match.
Once you have the new power adapter, get rid of the old one and connect it to your iHome digital clock. Check if the issue is solved.
Note: Make sure that you use the same power source for the new power adapter that you had your iHome clock plugged in by now.
When the iHome clock display is not working, the solution includes a power cycle, a manual reconnection, and a clock adjustment. When the problem is coming from the power supply, you should replace the power adapter and backup battery of the iHome clock.
Read Next: iHome App Not Working? – (Easy Fix!)
Now that you know why the iHome clock display not working and what the solution includes, you’re ready to solve the problem at home.
In case the display is simply broken, you should attempt to use your warranty and acquire a replacement iHome clock.
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023