Wondering how to turn off SAP on Samsung TV? Worry no further, because we have got you covered!
By the end of this post, you will know everything about the SAP feature, including how it works and how to turn it off easily.
To turn off the SAP feature on your Samsung TV, press the menu button on your remote and find the Language option. Scroll down until you find the Audio language option and select it. Select the Primary option to turn off the SAP on the DTA box.
The approach is really straightforward, but we recommend proceeding with the step-by-step guide below to find out how to do it properly in different scenarios.
If you’re already seeking to turn off the SAP, you most likely know what it does.
But if you don’t know, the SAP abbreviation generally stands for Secondary Audio Programming and is basically an audio feature for TV programs.
It is useful to people who watch TV in different countries that do not support their language.
If the program has pre-recorded audios, by using the SAP feature you’ll be able to listen to the recordings instead of the default audio.
However, if you don’t like the feature or it causes trouble to you, let’s take a look at how to completely disable it and then how to enable it:
To turn off the SAP on your Samsung TV, check these steps:
- Make sure your TV is turned on and interactable.
- Get the remote control and press the MENU button.
- In the menu, find the audio option and choose it by pressing the “OK” button.
- Scroll all the way down until you find SAP and choose it.
- Highlight and press the on/off slider to disable the feature for good.
From now on, the SAP is officially disabled for your Samsung TV.
It’s recommended to restart your TV after the steps to make sure the changes will apply.
If you’re interested in turning the feature back on, we’ve got you covered as well:
- Again, make sure your TV is up and running and is interactable by your remote.
- Grab the remote and test it out to see if it is working.
- Press the MENU button and hover to the options tab.
- Select the Audio settings and scroll all the way to the bottom.
- Locate the SAP feature and press on it once to be redirected to a specific tab.
- In the following tab, highlight and press the available on/off slider to turn on the SAP.
Once you’re ready the SAP feature will now be active again.
If it does not work you can restart your TV after the steps and it should start.
If you’re using a Samsung Qled TV that is considered a smart TV, there is an alternative way to turn off the SAP.
Proceed with the steps down below to learn how to disable the SAP on your Samsung smart TV.
Secondary audio programming could become frustrating if you’re not getting any value out of the feature.
Since many channels are made compatible with the SAP feature on your TVs, you might get local sports channels to say, in Spanish or other languages you don’t really understand.
Here is how to turn off the SAP on your Samsung smart TV:
- Make sure your Samsung smart TV is up and running and can be interacted with.
- Grab the remote and press the HOME button until you’re redirected.
- Use the TV remote to navigate to the settings and then select “General”.
- Choose “Accessibility” and then choose Video Description to turn it on.
- Press it once again to turn it off.
Note: SAP is labeled as “Video description” in the newer models of Samsung TVs, especially with the smart units.
Don’t hesitate to disable the feature even if it is not directly labeled as “SAP”.
Now that you’ve turned off the SAP on your Samsung TVs, let’s review alternative steps for users who want to turn off SAP on DTA.
If you’re using a DTA with your Samsung TV, there is a way to get rid of the SAP feature.
Since plenty of Samsung users have connected either a DTA (DIGITAL Television Adapter) or a cable box to their TV.
This is why we will provide you with a guide on how to turn off the SAP on your Digital Television Adapter in the steps down below:
- First, make sure your DTA box is plugged into the TV.
- Grab your DTA remote control and head to the Menu tab.
- Find the language option that should be located somewhere on your screen.
- Select the language option and scroll down until you find the Audio Language Option.
- Choose the Audio Language option and select “Primary Option”.
- Turn it OFF by highlighting and pressing the “OK” button.
Once disabled, we recommend rebooting your DTA box in order for the SAP feature to unload.
Once your DTA box has been rebooted, feel free to try any of the channels by the TV provider to check if the audio language feature is still there.
To turn off the SAP on your Samsung TV, open the menu and enter the settings. Locate the Audio Settings and scroll all the way down until you find the “SAP” tab. Open the tab and highlight the on/off slider to turn it off.
Read Next: Why Is Samsung TV Not Recognizing Antenna?
Now that you know how to turn off SAP on Samsung TV, you should be able to easily execute the process both on your regular Samsung TVs and smart units.
It could be really frustrating if you accidentally enabled the feature, but after reading our guide, you should be aware of what it does and how to turn on/off the feature.
- AirPods Pro Noise Cancelling Not Working? Learn How To Fix! - June 25, 2022
- How To Connect Govee Lights To Phone? Complete Guide - June 25, 2022
- iHome App Not Working? Here’s How To Fix! - June 25, 2022