Suppose you are a Peloton user who just found out about Strava. In that case, you might wonder how to link Peloton to Strava easily.
Fortunately, the apps are easy to connect, and you can choose your favorite options.
You can link Peloton to Strava without much hassle, and you can do it through the Peloton app, the Strava app, the Peloton bike or treadmill, or use SyncMyTracks to get even more complete control.
Nowadays, sharing your activity through multiple platforms is possible, so uploading your workout from Peloton into Strava is not a hardship.
Below you will learn everything about the link between those two apps and how to control which info is shared.
How To Link Peloton To Strava – All You Must Know
Strava is a handy app when you are looking to set goals and check how your exercise sessions are amounting to those goals.
However, if you are using a Peloton Bike or Bike+, you would probably like to be able to send your Peloton data to Strava.
Fortunately, doing that is possible. However, developers also noticed that the Strava app and Peloton should be used together so that option is available natively.
There are a few different ways through which you can link Peloton to Strava.
All of them are very easy, but each one has different perks.
Which Peloton Models Are Supported?
Suppose you’ve just acquired a Peloton machine and want to share your workouts with Strava.
In that case, you must know this: the Peloton-Strava link is only available for the Bike and Treadmill.
Therefore, if you have a Peloton Studio, you can’t share your activity with Strava.
Calories Count Can Differ
It is important to keep in mind that the calorie count will differ from Peloton to Strava, and you will notice it the first time you share your workouts with Strava.
That is because if you ride your bike outside in a (largely) stationary posture, Strava will consider it.
When you perform a high-intensity indoor cycling session or run, the Peloton app will give full credit for all the calories you burn.
Method #1: Through The Peloton App
How to link Peloton app to Strava? The first method you can use to link Peloton to Strava is very straightforward.
You must have an account already in use on Strava, and then you can use the Peloton app to link both platforms.
Here is how:
- Open the Peloton app on your phone;
- Go to “More”;
- Click on “Settings”;
- Select the “Connect to Strava” option;
- Follow the instructions;
- Enter your Strava credentials.
After doing that, you can go to the Strava app and set everything the way you want: which info will be pulled, for example.
Method #2: Link Directly On The Peloton Bike/Tread
Since the Peloton Bike and Peloton Tread are a mixture of exercise machines and smart devices, they have a screen where you can do many things.
Those things include managing data and connecting to the Strava app.
So you can easily link your Peloton data to Strava directly from the bike or tread:
- Turn on the Peloton bike/tread;
- On the device’s screen, log into your Peloton account;
- Tap on the three dots;
- Tap “Profile”;
- Tap “Social”;
- Select “Strava”
- Find the option “Connected”;
- Choose “Connect to Strava”;
After that, you will have to enter your Strava login credentials and authorize both platforms to exchange data.
Manage Your Preferences
Whether you like activities to be automatically shared between apps or not, you can change such settings quickly.
Here is how:
- Navigate to Profile;
- Choose Settings;
- Click on Social;
- Activate or deactivate “Automatically post my rides to Strava.”
How To Share Manually
Suppose you’ve deactivated the auto-sync option.
In that case, here is the path to upload your data manually:
- Head to the workout summary;
- Tap “Share”;
- Choose to share with Strava.
Or you can do this:
- Tap “Account”;
- Choose “Workout History”;
- Tap all the activities you’d like to share;
- Touch the share icon;
- Choose “Strava.”
Method #3: Connect Through The Strava App
Even though all methods are similar, you can link Peloton to Strava without opening the Peloton app.
Instead, you can go directly to the Strava app:
- Open the Strava app;
- Tap on the “Profile” icon;
- Tap on the gear icon;
- Select “Applications, Services, and Devices”;
- Scroll down to find Peloton and tap on it;
- Tap on the “Connect” button
- Follow the prompts to log in to your Peloton account.
Once the platforms link correctly, your Peloton workouts will automatically sync to Strava.
That means you’ll be able to see your rides, runs, and other workouts in your Strava feed.
Method #4: Use SyncMyTracks
Let’s say you use multiple apps for exercising, and you also like to have a lot of options, such as downloading your data to export however you like.
In that case, SyncMyTracks is a great app that can bridge Peloton and Strava and offers extra features.
Not only that, but SyncMyTracks allows you to choose the sort of workout that will be imported to Strava. That way, you have lots of control.
Setting SyncMyTracks Up
The first thing you must do is connect SyncMyTracks to the other two applications:
- Download SyncMyTracks from the Google Play Store or the App Store;
- Open the SyncMyTracks app;
- Tap on “Connect”;
- Choose which apps you want to connect to;
- Enter your login credentials for Peloton and Strava;
- Authorize SyncMyTracks to access your data;
Manage The Syncing
Once SyncMyTracks already has access to your Peloton and Strava accounts.
It is time you set everything in a way the app knows where the data is and where to send it to:
- Select Peloton as the source app
- Select Strava as the target app.
- A list of workouts from Peloton will show up;
- Choose the workouts you want to sync and select “Sync Now.”
You can also decide whether you want workouts to be synced automatically:
- Open SyncMyTracks;
- Tap on “Settings”;
- Tap on “AutoSync Settings”;
- Toggle “AutoSync” on or off.
Note: Moreover, the app allows you to auto-sync every day or every week.
Method #5: Manually Upload Data To Strava
If you don’t want to connect Strava to Peloton permanently, you can share individual workouts manually.
Although it will be a hassle every time, this way, you get full control of what sort of data Strava gets access to.
- Open the Peloton app;
- Tap on your profile picture;
- Select “Workouts” from the menu.
- Find the workout you want to upload to Strava;
- Tap on it to open the workout details;
- Tap on the “Share” icon;
- Select “Share Results”;
The above also works if you want to share your Peloton workouts with other apps, such as Instagram.
However, this time you will do the following:
- Choose “Strava”;
- Log into Strava if necessary;
- Add a title or description (if you want);
- Choose who can view the workout;
- Tap on “Post” to upload the workout to Strava.
Control Which Data Is Shared
Regardless of the method, you can easily control which data is shared between apps.
As you’ve already seen, the Peloton app allows you to set up whether the upload will be automatic.
On the Strava app, however, you get access to more options.
- contrOpen the Strava app or website;
- Click on your profile picture;
- Select “Applications, Services, and Devices”;
- Select “Peloton” in the list of connected apps;
Now you can check what information Strava is currently retrieving from Peloton.
It is possible to toggle on or off each one of the following:
- Sync all activities
- Sync only completed activities
- Sync Peloton workout details (duration, distance, and output from your Peloton workouts)
- Sync Peloton heart rate data
- Sync Peloton power meter data
Read Next: How Do Garmin Watches Measure Stress?
What We Learned
How to link Peloton to Strava easily? That is only a matter of which method you prefer.
Peloton and Strava can link seamlessly, meaning Strava can retrieve all sorts of info from Peloton.
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023