Wondering why Peloton error code X01TPZ001 appears? Let’s find out in this guide!
The Peloton bike is popular among users for indoor exercise, but it is also prone to many errors.
Quite a lot of users are having trouble resolving the X01TPZ001 error code from their Peloton, so if you are experiencing the same error, remain invested throughout this guide for the solution.
The X01TPZ001 error code on a Peloton bike when there is a problem with the sensor cable or USB-C cable.
In addition, it’s also likely that software bugs are causing the error, which can be solved via software-related troubleshooting techniques.
So, without further ado, let’s get into troubleshooting!
Why does Peloton Bike Error Code X01TPZ001 Appear?
There are quite a few potential causes for experiencing error X01TPZ001 on the Peloton bike, and this is why it’s crucial to know them all.
We’ve gathered all of the most-frequent reports that are related to this exact error to provide them at your disposal for a quick review:
✅ Faulty Power Equipment
The Peloton Bike/Bike+ is equipped with a 10-foot power cable (adapter), which connects in the normal home outlet.
✅ Bad Sensor Cable & Bar
Any fault with the USB Type-C cable or the sensor bar will lead to the X01TPZ001 error on the display.
✅ Connected Device Issue
The X01TPZ001 error commonly appears when a device is connected to the table in the USB-C port.
✅ System-related Fault
Sometimes when the firmware is outdated or the OS produces a glitch, error X01TPZ001 might appear as an indication.
Info: These are only the general possibilities and to address all of the surrounding factors at once, we recommend following the detailed solution guide below!
Peloton Error Code X01TPZ001? – Easy Fix Guide!
Tip: Try all of the following solutions in consecutive order!
1. Power Cycle the Peloton Bike!
Errors are common in any smart product due to bugs or glitches in the system or app so before performing a thorough inspection, simply start with power cycling.
This is a very quick and very effective method and comes without any downsides!
Here is how to power cycle the Peloton bike in easy steps:
- Disconnect the power cable from the Peloton bike!
- Wait for about 30 seconds for a complete discharge.
- Reconnect the cable back at the base of the bike.
- Tip: Ensure that the cable is tightly connected.
Info: Once your device is turned on, the error code might not immediately appear so wait for a few minutes and the tablet display.
In case the X01TPZ001 error comes up, keep reading!
2. Inspect the Sensor Bar & Cable!
Any problems with the Peloton sensor cable or sensor bar could cause the error X01TPZ001 to appear.
So, all you have to do is to get access to the sensor bar to inspect the cable to find out if there are any faults.
Here is how to inspect the Peloton USB-C cable:
- Turn off the touch screen and unplug the bike from the power.
- Find the shoulder bolt from the front of the water holder.
- Remove the shoulder using a 3mm Allen wrench from the toolkit.
- Hold the captured nut and unscrew the bolt by using the wrench.
- Take off the water bottle holder and remove the shoulder bolt.
- Push the USB-C from the back and carefully pull the cable out of its slot.
- Then remove the shroud from the Bike and locate the sensor cable.
- Disconnect the cable from the sensor bar and reconnect it back in.
- Turn on the Peloton bike and check whether the error will appear.
Quick Fact: The USB-C cable connector often gets bent, due to extensive use and when the damage becomes too lethal, the cable stops working.
3. Disconnect the USB-C Cable!
There is a possibility that there is a problem with your Peloton USB-C cable to the sensor cable, which is causing the error.
Simply unplug the USB-C cable from the sensor cable and then connect it directly to the sensor bar.
Here is how to disconnect the USB-C cable from the sensor cable:
- Locate the Sensor Cable connected to a Sensor bar.
- Then remove the USB-C cable from the sensor cable.
- Then gently lower the handlebars to acquire access.
- Connect the USB-C directly to the sensor bar.
- Check the display whether the error is still there.
Note: Make sure to remove the plastic shroud cover from your Peloton bike!
4. Use Another USB Type-C Cable!
It’s possible that your Peloton USB-C cable is faulty, which is why the X01TPZ001 Peloton error code persists even when connected directly to the sensor bar.
However, the solution is easy and all you need to do is replace your old USB cable with a new one.
- Ensure to use the operational USB cable for your Peloton smart bike!
In case you don’t have a USB Type-C at home that you can use and test whether this will fix the error you can simply order online. These are cheap and easily accessible so don’t hesitate.
Info: Once you have a new USB Type-C cable, simply disconnect the old one from the sensor cable and replace and make sure that it’s tightly connected.
5. Remove USB-C Connected Device!
Many users have reported experiencing errors when connecting any device to their Peloton tablet.
Therefore, if you have connected any smart device such as a headphone jack or fan to your Peloton tablet using a USB-C port, then that is causing the X01TPZ001 error.
- Simply unplug the connected device from the Peloton’s USB-C port!
Tip: Once there is nothing plugged to the Pelton bike table, restart the tablet by turning it off for 60 seconds.
6. Update the Peltron Firmware!
In case everything is in working order but the firmware is outdated, the smart device software can often cause bugs and errors in the system.
So, check for your Peloton software updates and if there is any update available then ensure to carry them out before continuing further!
Here is how to update the Peloton software:
- Turn on your Peloton bike device.
- Go to Peloton Settings from the top.
- Tap on the Device Settings.
- Tap on About or System tab.
- Tap on the System updates.
- Check for any Update available.
- Proceed accordingly:
✅ If there is an Update, then tap on the Update button to install the latest software.
✅ If there is no Update available, then your device is running on the latest software.
Reminder: Make sure to keep in check for the X01TPZ001 error on the screen!
7. Factory Reset the Pelton!
In case you’ve attempted everything in this guide and you’re still getting the same error code on your Peloton screen, then perform a factory restoration.
By doing this process your Peloton will delete every configuration from the device and you have to set up all from scratch!
Here is how to factory reset the Peloton in easy steps:
- Turn on the Peloton bike device touchscreen.
- Navigate to the Settings from the top right corner.
- Tap on the Systems and tap on the Factory Reset.
- Wait for the reset to finish, (takes about 3 minutes).
Note: It is important to factory reset the Peloton remote as well to guarantee a fresh start for the entire equipment.
How To Factory Reset the Peloton Remote?
- Take out the batteries from the Peloton remote control
- Hold the Center button on your remote for 15 seconds.
- Reinsert the batteries back into the Pelton remote.
- Tap on the ^ and the ☰ on the remote for 4 seconds.
- The step will guarantee to start the pairing process.
Once you are done with the factory resetting steps, then you have set up your Peloton device and paired the remote with it to continue using your device.
Need More Help?
If you continue to receive the same X01TPZ001 error on your Peloton touch screen and are unsure why, contact the Peloton Support Team for further assistance.
Also, you can contact the local supplier in an attempt to put your warranty to use so don’t miss your chance to try!
Reminder: Also don’t forget to share what you’ve tried in this guide!
Whenever Peloton error code X01TPZ001 appears on the touchscreen, power cycle your device, reconnect the USB-C cable to the sensor cable or connect directly.
In case that doesn’t help, use a new USB-C cable or continue with factory resetting the Pelton device!
Keep following us for more helpful guides!
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023