So you’re looking for a guide on how to fix a Sanyo TV that won’t turn on? Stop your search right here, because you’ve found the best guide!
Here we will explain in detail what is preventing your Sanyo TV from turning on and what are all of the possible ways to fix this problem as quickly as possible!
To fix the Sanyo TV that refuses to turn on, hold the power button for 60 seconds first. Next, hard reset the Sanyo TV and plug the device into a different power source. Lastly, replace the power adapter and this should solve the problem.
However, there’s more to this problem so let’s first learn what could be responsible for the issue and how to target it accordingly.
If your Sanyo TV refuses to turn on regardless, this is most likely to be a power problem with the television.
There’s also a slight chance of an overall hardware malfunction which by itself is rare to occur and we will exclude for now.
Here is what could be preventing your Sanyo TV from turning on:
1. TV Is Discharged
When connecting the adapter of the TV, it may sometimes bug and refuse to withdraw electricity, therefore you won’t be able to turn the device on.
2. The Power Source Is Drained
If no electricity reaches the power source where the Sanyo TV unit is plugged in, you won’t be able to turn the device on.
3. Problem With The Power Adapter
An issue with the power adapter of the Sanyo TV will also prevent the unit from being turned on.
4. Remote/Power Button Issue
You’re either turning on the TV through the remote or the power button. An issue with any of these instances will also prevent the unit from starting up.
5. A Hardware Problem
Finally, a hardware problem on your Sanyo TV will also prevent you from turning on the unit.
Those were the most important causes you should be aware of. Let’s now move on to fixing the issue with the following solutions.
After getting familiar with the potential causes preventing you from turning on the Sanyo TV, it’s now time to get the problem out of the way.
For successful troubleshooting, ensure to follow the order of our solutions and test the TV after each fix attempt.
Here’s how to resolve the Sanyo TV problem you’re having in a matter of minutes:
The first thing you should attempt to get your Sanyo TV up and running is to long-press the remote power button while pointing it towards the TV.
Users reported that holding the remote power button while aiming it at the TV managed to start up their Sanyo TV.
By holding the power button for a longer time, it will non-stop send IR signals to the TV’s “eye”, which will essentially resolve any communication bugs.
What you will want to do exactly, is first ensure that the TV is plugged into a power source.
Then, grab your remote, point it at the TV and press the power button for 60 seconds. Determine if the TV would now turn on.
Note: If you’re hesitant that the remote isn’t working, replace the batteries and test this method again.
A great way to fix issues with the TV’s power would be by reconnecting it from the power source.
Although there is also the power reset process that we will review in the next solution, by simply reconnecting the device, you will make sure that it’s securely attached.
Here’s how to exactly reconnect the TV to the power:
- Go next to the Sanyo TV’s power source.
- Disconnect the power adapter of the TV.
- Standby for 60 seconds with the Sanyo unit being unplugged.
- Re-attach the adapter back to the source.
- Test turning on your TV.
- Check if the issue is fixed now.
Note: Ensure to securely connect the Sanyo TV’s power adapter to the source after waiting for the full 60 seconds.
If simply reconnecting the power adapter didn’t have any valuable outcome, you should entirely power reset the Sanyo TV.
This will get all of the current electricity discharged and will also solve any bugs and glitches that are impacting the device’s functionality.
Let’s now review how to perform a power reset on your Sanyo TV in easy-to-follow instructions:
- First, grab the remote and point it towards the Sanyo TV.
- Press the power button on the remote once.
- Unplug the power adapter of the Sanyo TV.
- Wait for 5 minutes with the power adapter unplugged from the TV.
- Get a hold of the remote again and point it at the TV.
- Hold the power button on the remote for 60 seconds.
- Next, press the power button on the back of the Sanyo TV for 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power adapter of the TV.
- Attempt to turn on Sanyo TV both using the remote and the back panel button.
Note: For this solution, the remote of the Sanyo TV must have working batteries inside.
Perhaps there is a problem with the power source where your Sanyo TV is connected. If that’s the case, there isn’t much you can do except for plugging the device into an alternative power source.
In that regard, scope out another suitable spot for the Sanyo TV. Unplug the power adapter of the television and move it onto the new spot.
Reconnect the power adapter to the other power source and check if the TV is going to start now upon pressing either of the power buttons.
Note: It’s recommended to attempt turning the device on using the back panel power button.
If none of our solutions managed to solve the problem with the Sanyo TV, we suggest replacing the device’s power adapter.
Often after a power outage, the variety of technical components connected to a source, with inducted electricity, may burn or go through a fault.
This also stands for the power adapter of your Sanyo TV, which could have malfunctioned after a power outage or shock.
Here’s how to replace the adapter of the Sanyo TV and fix the power problem:
- Disconnect the current adapter of your Sanyo TV and put it away.
- Grab a new 4pin AC adapter (universal adapter, can be found in all technical stores).
- Once acquired the new power adapter, connect its first end to the power source.
- Connect the other end of the supply to your Sanyo TV.
- Check if there’s a power button on the supply and enable it if there is one.
- Attempt to turn on your Sanyo TV.
Note: Ensure that you’ve installed the power adapter the same way as the last one was installed and no cables are twisted or under pressure.
Thus, to fix a Sanyo TV that refuses to start up, reconnect its power adapter and attempt turning it on through the panel power button. Next, power reset the Sanyo TV and plug it into a different wall outlet. Lastly, replace the Sanyo TV’s power adapter.
After learning how to fix a Sanyo TV that won’t turn on, executing our solutions shouldn’t be hard for you.
As long as you follow the order of our fixes, you should have no issues getting the power problem with Sanyo TV fixed!
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023