Have you ever wondered how to connect Daybetter LED lights to app? It is not a tough task and will help you control your LED lights from a better distance.
Connecting the Daybetter LED Lights to an app requires you to decide which app you want to use since many support the brand. However, what’s distinctive about Daybetter LED lights is the support for music sync, and in that case, you probably want an app that makes the most out of it.
The guide below will discuss in detail all the steps to connect your Daybetter LED lights to the different apps available.
We will also enlighten you about the differences between the apps and how they behave.
How To Connect Daybetter LED Lights To App
When you buy your LED lights, a few things matter, and one of them is the possibility of connecting to a proprietary app.
It turns out that connecting Daybetter LED lights to the app is very easy. You have different options to do that because Daybetter is compatible with different apps.
All of those are officially supported, and some of them offer different benefits.
Before you try to connect the Daybetter LED lights to whatever app you choose, you must do a few things.
Those apply universally whenever you want to use the Daybetter’s features, such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
So here are the initial steps:
- Connect the LED lights to the controller square;
- Connect to a power source;
- Power the system;
- Activate Bluetooth on your phone;
- Connect the phone to a 2.4GHz network.
The last step matters because sometimes the application might want to contact the Daybetter LED lights via Wi-Fi.
Some controller squares will use Bluetooth to establish an initial link.
Other models can use Wi-Fi, but they can only use 2.4GHz networks. That is because 2.4GHz has wider range, being preferable for such a device.
Option #1: Use Daybetter Proprietary App
The most obvious option when you want to connect the Daybetter light strip to your phone is the Daybetter app.
You can easily download it from PlayStore or AppStore. Now to pairing:
- Open the Daybetter app on your phone;
- Enter your e-mail address;
- Click “Send”;
- Enter the verification code you’ve received.
Again, ensure that the LED lights are on and your phone’s Bluetooth is enabled. Also, it might be necessary to stay close to the LED lights.
Although they will answer from a distance when paired, the pairing process is more sensitive.
Start Using The App
- Go back to the app;
- Tap “Add Device”;
- Select “LED Strip Lights”
- Your LED light strip will be identified;
- Tap on it to connect.
Suppose the app doesn’t identify your LED lights. In that case, you can deactivate the Bluetooth on your phone and activate it again.
Also, ensure no other Bluetooth devices are nearby. Then, if necessary, restart the LED lights and wait a few seconds.
Note: You will see that the app is not directed towards LED strips only but all of the Daybetter products. Because of that, some features might lack.
However, if you have other Daybetter devices, you can easily organize all of them in one place.
Option #2: Use The Apollo Lighting App
Apollo Lighting App is not made or designed by Daybetter, and it is compatible with many other LED light strips.
It is a generic LED app that best suits those who want to enjoy music syncing without much hassle.
Here is what you will have to do to pair the Daybetter LED lights to the Apollo app:
- Go to the PlayStore/App Store;
- Download the “Apollo Lighting” app;
- Open the app;
- Allow location access.
For some reason, apps like this need your location. Fortunately, you can only allow them to access it when the app runs.
That way, you can protect your privacy a bit more.
Pair To The App
- Ensure the LEDs are turned on;
- Open your phone’s Bluetooth settings;
- Pair the LED lights on the Bluetooth settings;
- Go back to the Apollo Lighting app;
- The LED strip should show up in the app.
You can test if the connection has been successful. Scroll through the app’s functionalities and see if they work.
The most basic is changing the colors according to an enormous variety available on a color palette circle.
Tip: The Apollo Lighting app also allows you to sync to music in two ways. One is via the Daybetter's built-in mic (in the controller), so you have to play music in the environment.
The other one allows you to import music into the app.
Option #3: Install The Tuya Smart App
Tuya Smart is another app 100% compatible with your Daybetter LED lights.
One of its perks is that it looks and feels more polished than the other two apps already discussed.
It is also one of the apps recommended by Daybetter. You can check that on the Daybetter site, and some models of the Daybetter light strips will have the Tuya logo on the controller’s QR code.
- Go to the App Store/Play Store;
- Download “Tuya Smart” (don’t confuse it with Smart Life);
- Ensure the Daybetter LED is on;
- Remember to connect the phone to a 2.4GHz network.
Start The App Setup
Unlike the Daybetter or Apollo apps, the Tuya Smart app will immediately use your Wi-Fi connection.
Here is how the pairing process will work:
- Open the Tuya app;
- Create an account;
- Tap the “+” button on the app’s menu;
- Select the type of product that matches the Daybetter LED;
Reset The LED Lights
Next, the Tuya Smart app will ask you to reset the Daybetter LED lights. As you can note, the strip doesn’t count with a reset button.
Thus, there are two reset methods recommended, depending on the presence of a power button:
- If there is a power button on the controller square, press it for 5 seconds;
- If there is no button, power on and off the LED strips three times consecutively.
Resetting the LED light strips will ensure that they don’t hold a connection to any other app, clearing the way for the Tuya smart app.
Next, the app will ask you to do the following:
- Choose to connect to a 2.4GHz network;
- Enter the password;
- The Daybetter LED strip is ready for use.
When the procedure is successful, the color palette and other options will show up immediately.
If not, you might get an error note. In that case, start over by resetting the LED lights again.
Option #4: Use Magic Home Pro App
The last alternative for those looking to control the Daybetter LED lights with a good app is the Magic Home Pro app.
- Look for “Magic Home Pro” on your app store;
- There are similar apps, but the one you need has the exact name “Magic Home Pro” and is developed by Zengge;
- Download it.
The Magic Home Pro app is compatible with Daybetter LED lights with either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi capabilities.
Remember to turn the phone’s Bluetooth on if you have the Bluetooth model.
For the Wi-Fi model, keep the phone connected to a 2.4GHz network.
Link LEDs To Magic Home Pro
- Open the app;
- On its menu, tap the “+” button;
- Select “Add Device”;
- The app will search for available devices, regardless of the connectivity they use;
- Tap on “Connect” when the device shows up;
Once you do that, the LED lights will be linked to the Magic Home Pro.
What We Learned
How to connect Daybetter LED Lights to app? Daybetter LED lights are fully controllable from your hand, either via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
To make that possible, you can count on different apps that cater to different models of the Daybetter LED.
You can also test them all (if possible) and decide which is best.
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024