Whenever your HomePod mini not connecting to Apple TV there are quite a few things to inspect, before making any conclusions.
Make sure to stick around, because you’ve just come across the best post related to the problem!
After carefully researching and observing the occurrence of the problem, we’ve come up with the best solutions out there that you can use to fix your HomePod to Apple TV connection.
To fix a HomePod mini that won’t connect to your Apple TV, ensure that both devices are paired with the same network and are on the home app. Power cycle your Apple TV and HomePod and check if the pairing process is correct. Lastly, perform a factory reset on the HomePod.
We will first explain in a step-by-step guide how to connect your HomePod to the Apple TV so you can detain yourself from any mistakes throughout the guide.
Connecting your HomePod mini to Apple TV is essential for sound transfer. Connecting the HomePod to your Apple TV will transfer the entire sound of the TV to the HomePod.
For the time being that your HomePod is connected to the TV, your TV will be muted and you will only hear the speakers.
Here’s how to connect the HomePod to Apple TV in easy steps:
- First, ensure that your HomePod is turned on (watch out for the LED).
- If the HomePod is running, run your Apple TV.
- Boot the Home app on your smartphone.
- Scroll down and tap the settings icon, which can be identified with a cogwheel.
- Once entered the settings, you will want to tap on Default Audio Output.
- Select the room where your Apple TV and HomePod are located.
- Once there, tap on HomePod and stereo pair.
- Check if the HomePod mini now accesses the sound of your Apple TV.
Note: To ensure that the pairing process has gone according to plan, play audio from several different sources on your Apple TV.
If you’ve executed the following pairing process correctly, but the HomePod Mini still doesn’t seem to connect, there most likely is an issue somewhere across the setup.
That’s why we will go over the best fixes you can attempt to solve any present issue.
Chances are that your HomePod is already connected to the TV. You’re not able to hear the audio due to low volume either on your TV’s software side, or the HomePod’s.
You should increase the audio output on either of these instances to hear the HomePod louder.
Here’s how to increase the volume on your HomePod and Apple TV:
1. Increase volume on Apple TV
Grab the Apple TV’s remote and point it towards the device. Press the volume button 10-15 times.
2. Increase volume on HomePod
Go next to your HomePod and just say “Hey Siri, speaker louder” or “Hey Siri, increase your volume”. You can also say what percentage from 1%-100% you want your HomePod’s volume at.
Note: Ensure that by the time you’re increasing the audio, both your TV and HomePod are turned on at the same time.
There could be a glitch or bug with either your Apple TV or HomePod. If that’s the case, a logical thing you should do next is to power cycle both devices.
Let’s start with a power cycle on your HomePod:
- Go over to the HomePod mini.
- Locate where the power adapter of the devices goes into.
- Disconnect the adapter of your HomePod mini from the power source.
- Wait for 5 minutes with the HomePod disconnected.
- Re-attach the adapter.
- Grab your Apple TV remote.
- Press the power button while putting it towards the TV.
- Hereby wait for 5 minutes.
- Reconnect your TV.
Note: If you’re hesitant that either of your Apple products is experiencing power issues, plug them into a different power source.
One of the reasons that the pairing between your HomePod and Apple TV is failing is insufficient distance.
That will occur whenever the HomePod is not close enough to the Apple TV.
What you have to do in this solution, is simply position the HomePod not farther than 25 feet (10 meters) away from the TV.
This is the recommended distance for pairing your HomePod, after which, you can position it anywhere in the room.
If your HomePod and Apple TV are on separate WiFi networks, they won’t be able to connect through the Home app.
That’s why we suggest putting both of your devices onto the same WiFi network.
Tip: Since changing the WiFi of your Apple TV is easier than on the HomePod, check the HomePod’s WiFi at Home App > Settings > Devices > HomePod.
Once you’ve learned the WiFi of your HomePod, here’s how to reconnect your Apple TV to the same WiFi as the HomePod mini:
- Go to the Settings of your Apple TV.
- Tap on WiFi.
- Select “Disconnect” to unpair the TV from the current network.
- Once having learned your HomePod’s network, search for the same WiFi.
- Tap “Connect” and insert the password for the network.
Note: By the time you’re connecting your Apple TV to the other network, ensure that the HomePod is also functional and connected.
If your HomePod mini not connecting to Apple TV even after all previous solutions, perhaps re-adding your HomePod from the Home app will help.
This approach counts as a factory reset since it will reboot ALL essential services.
In that line of thought, re-adding the device from the Home app will result in a complete wipe of ALL settings, schedules, and application configurations you’ve made so far.
Make sure to save anything you want to keep from being erased once you begin re-adding the HomePod.
Here’s how to re-add your HomePod from the Apple’s Home application in easy steps:
- Access the Home app on your phone.
- Go to the Devices tab and select your HomePod.
- Tap on Disconnect.
- Click the “+” sign and choose HomePod from the list.
- Re-add your speaker following the instructions on the screen.
Note: Your HomePod will notify you when the factory reset is underway and then when complete there will be slow pulsing lights on the LED.
Thus, to fix a HomePod that won’t connect to Apple TV, power cycle both the television and the HomePod. Next, make sure both devices are on the same WiFi network and perform a factory reset by removing and re-adding the HomePod mini from the app.
Read Next: How To Fix HomePod Mini Not Making Calls?
Now that you know more about why the HomePod mini not connecting to Apple TV and being fully capable of solving the issue, execution is up to you.
Just keep in mind that you can always reach out to Apple for assistance with their products at any time of your troubleshooting session!
- How to Use Sengled Bulb Without Hub? – Complete Guide - September 26, 2022
- How to Fix Crunchyroll Offline Viewing Not Working? - September 26, 2022
- Graco Swing Not Working When Plugged In? – Complete Fix Guide - September 26, 2022