Wondering why GE Dishwasher no power no lights problem has occurred?
Here’s the ultimate solution!
We’ve made a thorough research on what could cause your GE Dishwasher to completely shut down and become totally inactive.
That’s why we’ve designed our guide in the best way possible, to consecutively troubleshoot your dishwasher.
Here’s a quick solution to the issue!
To fix when GE Dishwasher has no lights and no power, Power Cycle the device and reset the Electrical Outlet. Next, connect the dishwasher to an alternative Power Source and perform a Software Reset on the device. Finally, replace the Power Cord.
To learn more about your dishwasher’s problem and why it is occurring, keep reading!
Why Does My GE Dishwasher Have No Power?
If your GE Dishwasher indicates power income, nor the lights are on, this could only mean one thing – there’s a fault in the power supply.
This is often occurring with many electrical devices that rely on a power source to deliver the power and your GE Dishwasher is no exception.
Let’s learn why is your GE Dishwaser’s power supply has gone inactive:
- There’s a Problem with the Cabling of your GE Dishwasher
- The Power Cable of your dishwasher has stopped working
- There’s a Motherboard or Hardware Malfunction with the device
- The Electrical Outlet of your GE Dishwasher no longer has a supply
Said simply, this is what could cause your GE Dishwasher’s lights and power indicator to all go off.
Now is the time to review the best troubleshooting solutions that have been suggested!
GE Dishwasher No Lights On Control Panel – Easiest Fix!
After learning what could potentially impact your dishwasher’s functionality, it’s time we look at the solutions.
Everything in our guide is designed in chronological order so make sure to follow the steps appropriately.
In addition, pay attention to all notes and tips included.
Let’s jump in!
Solution #1 Perform the Hard Reset!
The first and easiest thing you could do is perform a Hard Reset on your GE Dishwasher!
In case your dishwasher has failed to withdraw electricity from the power source, by reconnecting the adapter, you’ll restore the supply.
This also applies if the power cable of your dishwasher was plugged incorrectly into the power adapter, so this is the ultimate solution.
How to Hard Reset a GE Dishwasher:
- Follow the Power Cable of your dishwasher into the power source.
- Unplug the Power Adapter of the cable from the source.
- Put the cable away, temporarily.
- Wait for 4-5 Minutes while the dishwasher is unplugged from the outlet.
- Grab the power cable’s end and plug it back into the source.
- Turn on your GE Dishwasher.
It’s important to keep the GE Dishwasher unplugged for longer since it could discharge the electricity more appropriately.
However, plugging it immediately will fail the Hard Reset.
Note: While reconnecting your GE Dishwasher, press all of its buttons to discharge it better!
Solution #2 Inspect & Replace the Thermal Fuse
Without a Thermal Fuse, your dishwasher won’t be able to start up.
This also applies if the fuse has been taken out, unscrewed, or has been blown due to overcharge.
Let’s learn more!
Thinking of replacement might make you think that it is a difficult task.
However, GE has made it quite easy for users to access the hardware of their device and take a look at all internal parts.
Let’s learn how to inspect and potentially replace the Thermal Fuse:
- Plug your Dishwasher into a Power Source.
- Get the GE Dishwasher Manual.
- Navigate to “Internal Components” > Thermal Fuse Page.
- Read how to access the thermal fuse’s position.
- Once you’ve taken a look, check if the fuse’s head is Split Open.
- If the head of the fuse is blown, order a New Thermal Fuse.
- Carefully envelope the fuse’s hardware and start rotating it Clockwise.
- Once the fuse has come off, put it away.
- Grab the new fuse and install it on the slot.
- Test the dishwasher.
Your dishwasher uses a standard thermal fuse that is identical to all dishwasher devices.
Note: It’s better to bring the fuse into a shop so they could provide you with a replacement.
Solution #3 Connect to a Different Outlet
Chances are that the Electrical Outlet of your dishwasher has gone faulty!
Instead of wasting your time, trying to repair the current outlet, you should connect the dishwasher to an alternative one.
This will give away a problem with the current outlet if it has one. As for any functionality problems with the outlets, you should contact a technician!
Let’s get your GE Dishwasher plugged into an alternative outlet:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the Power Supply.
- Try to allocate the device to a different end of the room (if possible).
- Connect the dishwasher to the new outlet and secure the cable.
- Wait for 15 Seconds for the device to withdraw enough power.
- Turn on the dishwasher and attempt to use it.
Since we know that allocating your dishwasher is off-limits sometimes, especially if you’ve decided on its position, you could get a Power Cord Extender.
Get an extender long enough, to plug it into a farther electrical outlet and have it come all the way to your dishwasher.
Note: You’ll know if the dishwasher receives power by looking at the display and the LED lights!
Solution #4 Refresh the Outlet’s Power
If the GE Dishwasher no power no lights problem is still there with your device, we have another uncommon solution you could easily attempt at home.
- You could only reset a GFI/GFCI Electrical Outlet that has a Reset Button!
In that regard, you could only refresh the power supply of the outlet if there’s a Factory Reset button on the outlet.
To perform the reset, press the ‘Reset’ Button for 5 seconds straight.
After a while, the outlet’s power will refresh, which will restore the supply to your GE dishwasher.
There’s a chance that the outlet will be offline for the beginning of the reset, so it is important to keep the dishwasher plugged in.
Note: Unplugging the dishwasher during the reset may not refresh the Dishwasher’s power!
Solution #5 Reset the GE Dishwasher
Another great and effective solution to troubleshoot your dishwasher is to Reset the device!
This is well-known to envelop issues both in the software and hardware area of your device so it is a win-win situation.
What’s great about this is it doesn’t require your dishwasher to be working in order to reset.
This is the ultimate solution so hopefully, it will help!
Here’s how to perform a Reset on your GE Dishwasher:
- Make sure that the dishwasher is connected to an outlet.
- Locate the Start/Reset Button on the device.
- Press and hold the reset button for approximately 5 Seconds.
- Stand by for 2 minutes, while your dishwasher is performing the reset.
- Attempt to use the device and determine if its power has come back
A reset triggered on your dishwasher could take longer than 2 minutes, but that’s the time interval most users have suggested.
If the device is not on, you wouldn’t know whether it has finished the reset or not, but if the power has come back, it will start in 2-3 minutes.
Note: Holding the Reset button for less than 5 seconds only turns on the device!
Solution #6 Replace the Power Cable!
If no solution has helped so far, then you’ll need to replace the power cable!
Power components usually become faulty after a sudden power outage or a short circuit with your device.
They could easily go faulty and prevent your dishwasher from starting up when it has to.
To fix this problem, there is nothing you could do but replace the power adapter.
- The GE Dishwasher uses General Electric EX09X70910 Universal Power Adapter
Those come at an approachable price from almost every technical store out there and you should be able to get your hands on them quite easily.
Attempt to notice damage or ripped parts from the cable’s body to justify that this is where the problem comes from.
Note: Once you’ve got the new cable, unplug the old one and install the new electrical adapter!
Hence, to fix when a GE Dishwasher has no power or lights, Hard Reset the device and connect it to a different outlet in your home. Next, reset the Electrical Outlet if it is GFCI or GFCI. Finally, Reset the dishwasher and replace its Power Adapter to fix the issue.
In this guide, you’ve learned why the GE Dishwasher no power no lights issue has impacted your device.
This is quite an easy problem to troubleshoot, as long as you have the appropriate guidelines and solutions, to begin with.
Feel free to save our guide for future use!
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024