Is your GE Cafe Dishwasher display not working? We have the solution!
In this guide, we’ll go over all of the possible ways to settle issues with your GE Cafe dishwasher in the most approachable and user-friendly solutions.
We’ll also go over the possible causes and reasons that may be making your dishwasher’s display unresponsive.
To fix when GE Cafe Dishwasher’s display is unresponsive, hard reset the device and plug it into another source. Press the “Start” button 5-10 times and select a different washing mode to resume the display. Finally, Factory Reset the dishwasher.
Let’s look up what’s most likely to cause this problem with the dishwasher!
Why Is My GE Cafe Dishwasher LED Display Not Working?
Before we jump into the guide, we shall first have a look at the most common occurrences that have an impact on the dishwasher’s display functionality.
We’ve gathered the most likable user opinions and provided them all at your disposal.
Let’s take a look:
- There is an issue with the electrical outlet of the dishwasher
- A problem with the cabling/equipment of the dishwasher
- An issue with the washing mode of the device
- There’s a problem with the software of the dishwasher
These are the reasons why your GE Cafe dishwasher display might not be working.
Let’s next jump into the troubleshooting guide below and solve the problem in a matter of minutes!
GE Cafe Dishwasher Display Not Working – Fixed in Easy Steps!
To achieve the most troubleshooting efficiency, follow the chronological order of our solutions.
They’re designed in a way to target the overall functionality of your GE Cafe dishwasher and troubleshoot all of the components and instances that could potentially cause a fault.
Let’s jump in!
Solution #1 Hard Reset the GE Dishwasher
The first and most easy thing we’ll be trying to resolve the problem is to Hard Reset the GE Cafe Dishwasher.
By performing a hard reset, we’ll be discharging the device’s current electricity flow, which will essentially refresh the software and hardware of the dishwasher.
The Hard Reset is really easy to trigger and in most cases, it has flawless effectiveness against issues of this kind.
Here’s how to Hard Reset your GE Dishwasher in easy steps:
- Unplug the Power Adapter of your GE Dishwasher.
- Wait for 5 Minutes, while the device is discharging.
- Re-attach the power cable of the device back into the electrical outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 seconds.
- Press the “Start” button on the dishwasher.
- Wait for the device to start up.
It is essential to keep the dishwasher unplugged for a certain amount of time, in order to achieve an optimal discharge of the hardware.
Plugging it back in right away will interrupt the discharge.
Note: 5 minutes is the least you should keep the dishwasher unplugged in order to discharge it.
Solution #2 Press the “Start” Button Multiple Times
Perhaps, your dishwasher has failed to boot, due to not being started up correctly.
It’s important to make sure that your dishwasher is plugged in and locate the “Start” button, labeled with the corresponding word on the operational panel.
- The “Start” button is located on the operational panel of your dishwasher!
Your next step is to press the Start Button around 5-10 times. Make sure that you don’t overpress it and leave around a 2-3 seconds delay between each of the presses.
If your dishwasher is in operation, it should start up and the display should be lit up.
In case this doesn’t help, proceed with the next solution!
Solution #3 Plug into a Different Source
Chances are that we’re dealing with a power problem with your GE Cafe dishwasher.
So the next thing you should attempt is to plug the dishwasher into a different power source.
This way, you’ll know for sure whether the problem is related to the current power source the adapter of your dishwasher occupies.
Tip: You should use a power cord extender to plug the dishwasher into a different source.
Here’s how to change the occupied power source of your dishwasher:
- Disconnect the power cord of your dishwasher from the source.
- Locate the replacement electrical outlet you’ll be using from now on.
- (Optional) Use a power cord extender, to make the adapter longer.
- Plug the power cable of the dishwasher into the new electrical outlet.
- Attempt to turn on the dishwasher.
When the machine turns on the display should start working as well. Be patient, sometimes it might take a few moments before you can see anything on the display.
In case the problem is still there, keep reading the next solution!
Note: If the problem was due to the power source, contact a technician to take a look at it.
Solution #4 Select a Different Washing Mode
One of the reasons why your GE Cafe dishwasher’s panel may not be lighting up is due to the currently-selected functionality modes.
On most GE Cafe Dishwashers, you’re able to choose between 4 modes in total:
- AutoSense mode
- Heavy mode
- Normal mode
- Light mode
Based on the name of the mode, your dishwasher’s functionality will change.
Your next step is to select a different mode and check if the display will light up. To change the mode, press the activation button next to the control panel.
You should cycle through all of the available modes for your dishwasher to determine if any of the modes will actually turn on the display of your dishwasher.
Note: Resume the regular mode of your dishwasher once you’re done testing!
Solution #5 Reset the GE Cafe Dishwasher
Performing a reset on the dishwasher may clear up any faults with the software of the device that is preventing the display from lighting up.
It is one of our most powerful solutions so far and it has great functionality against any newly developed problems by your Dishwasher.
A reset on the dishwasher will erase the settings configuration of the device!
Here’s how to perform a reset on your GE Dishwasher in easy steps:
- Make sure that your dishwasher is plugged in.
- Press the “Start” button.
- Locate the “Reset” button on the control panel of the device.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Wait for 2 minutes in order for your dishwasher to complete the reset.
Once the reset has been triggered on your dishwasher, it will last for roughly 2 minutes.
Make sure to be patient and do not interrupt the process by interacting with the device.
Alert: Unplugging or shutting down your dishwasher will interrupt the reset.
Solution #6 Power Cycle from the Circuit Breaker
If all else fails, then perhaps power cycling the dishwasher through the circuit breaker may settle the problem with the display of the device.
The GE dishwasher unit is also directly powered to the circuit breaker (AC Line) of your household, so turning off the power from there will help the device reboot.
It is one of the most advanced reboot techniques to settle issues with electrical devices in your house so let’s try it:
- Head over to the Circuit Breaker Panel in your house.
- Open the panel.
- Locate the brake switch of the GE Dishwasher.
- (Optional) Locate the switch that supports the power to the dishwasher’s room.
- Press the switch downwards, to turn off the power to the device (or room).
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Begin to slowly turn the switch upwards.
- Resume power to the dishwasher.
- Turn on the GE Cafe Dishwasher and test…
Once the power of your dishwasher or room has been restored, check if the panel will function.
Note: It may take your dishwasher around 15 seconds to gather enough electricity after the reboot.
Thus, to fix when GE Cafe Dishwasher display not working, hard reset the device and switch the washing mode. Next, plug the device in a different electrical outlet, reset the circuit breaker, and in case all else fails, perform the ultimate factory reset!
Visit our blog to read more troubleshooting guides for your technical and smart-home devices!
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023