You are why is Fire TV Guru not working?
This guide is going to be a rewarding experience if you stay with us!
The Fire Guru TV is one of the most used streaming devices.
A great feature of this TV is that Kodi comes with Addons, which provide access to Fire TV Guru including a wide variety of TV channels, movies, and videos.
What do we do when it’s not working? Let’s find out!
An issue with a Fire TV Guru appears due to many reasons, such as a poor internet connection, faulty TV remote, or bad installation. The solution includes focusing on your Fire TV first and then addressing any potential Kodi Addons faults.
Let’s begin a solution guide that will help us identify the cause of the problem!
How To Fix When Fire TV Guru Not Working?
To solve the problem with a Fire TV Guru, we’re going to address aspects such as internet connection, service functionality, and the build installation process.
Make sure not to skip any of the steps and follow the solution in their order for the best effect in troubleshooting.
Let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Check Your Internet Strength
Your Fire TV needs a good internet connection to play your favorite shows and add-ons.
But when your TV receives an unstable or poor internet connection, then it is incapable of streaming the content.
The only thing you need to do is check the strength of your internet connection!
This way we can exclude this possibility for the rest of the guide!
Here is a way to check your internet strength:
- Go to the Settings of your TV.
- Look for the Network.
- There you will see that your device is connected to the internet.
- In case it’s not make sure to connect the Fire TV to the WiFi.
- Look at internet strength.
- If it is good or excellent, then there is no problem.
- But if the internet strength is fair, your internet is weak.
- It’s important to make sure that the internet strength is not the root of your Fire TV Guru issue!
Note: The Fire TV Guru build installation also depends on the device’s performance!
Solution #2 Power Cycle The Setup!
In case you’re unable to use the Fire TV Guru build that you have installed, you simply need to reboot your setup and test whether this will help.
Also known as a power-circulation, this method is suitable for addressing almost any kind of issue.
Let’s learn how it’s done!
- Unplug the power cable from the socket and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Plug it back again and turn on your TV.
- Press and hold the Play/Pause and Select button at the same time.
- Hold both buttons for at least 5 seconds.
- Go to the Setting > Device > Restart.
- Wait until the device turns on!
This is a good method to restart ALL services, which also includes the Fire TV Guru Build.
When the reset is over, test whether the software will start working as expected.
In case it doesn’t we’ll need to update the Build which is one of the most essential steps!
Solution #3 Re-Install The Fire TV Guru Build
When the Fire TV Guru Build not working, the best possible solution to attempt is to re-install the Fire TV Guru Build.
It’s important to install a VPN before starting to update because sometimes most of the Kodi addons are copyrighted and won’t be accessible from your area.
Tip: You can download Atlas VPN from the Amazon App Store!
Here is the correct way to install Fire TV Guru Build in a firestick:
- From the Fire TV/Firestick Settings, enable Unknown Sources!
- Install the FireDL application on the device!
- Type 941172 at the URL field to convert the app into Fire APK TV URL.
- Download and Install the Fire APK MC File.
- Choose to Dismiss the instructions.
- Go to Build Menu, then choose Fire TV Guru.
- Choose Main or Lite.
- Select Standart Installation > Fresh Installation.
- Select Yes to choose Install.
- When the installation finishes, tap on Force Close.
- Find the FireMC app in Settings > App > Installed Apps Management.
Now with the fresh installation, test whether everything will work as expected.
In case it doesn’t then something is wrong. We’ll need to shift our attention back towards the Fire TV and localize what’s causing the problem. Let’s proceed further!
Note: The time the installation takes is based on your Fire device performance!
Solution #4 Factory Reset The Fire TV
When things are not going well, it’s always best to perform a factory restore and attempt setting up the Fire TV Guru Build, from scratch.
In most cases, this approach always helps or at least would suggest what to do next.
- It’s important to remember that a factory reset erases everything!
Let’s now learn how to factory reset your Fire TV in a few easy steps:
- Press the Home Button on the remote.
- Go to the Settings.
- From there select My Fire TV and scroll down.
- Choose Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Finalize the process by pressing Reset.
The factory reset might take a while, depending on the device’s performance.
However, when the reset is completed, use the steps from solution #3 to install the latest Fire TV Guru build and enjoy the functionality.
In case the installation fails or something goes wrong, proceed further!
Solution #5 Install Fire Guru TV On Kodi
A great workaround when the Fire TV Guru Build ain’t working on your Fire TV is to test installing the platform on the Kodi application.
That would suggest whether Fire TV Build services are up and running or the problem is on your Fire Streaming Device!
Here’s how to install the Fire TV Guru on the Kodi application:
- Open the Kodi app then go to Settings.
- From there select File Managed and then Add Source.
- Press on the None setting and then confirm by tapping OK.
- Next insert the Fire TV Guru LINK: http://ftg.nosleephosting.xyz/notmewizard/FTG/
- Enter “FTG” as the name and hit OK.
- Go to the Addons on the Kodi app Home Screen.
- Select Install from a .zip file.
- Press Yes, on the prompt message.
- Wait for the Wizard Fire TV Guru to install.
- Go to the Build Menu then select the Main or Lite version.
- Choose Fresh Installation.
- When completed use the Force Close.
- Start the app and wait for the Fire TV Guru to load.
Now you can start streaming on the device!
Note: Loading time on the first-time open might be a little too long!
Why Are Fire TV Guru Add ons Not Working?
Fire TV add-ons provide you with the functionality to watch your favorite shows, movies, and much other streaming content.
But what if your TV add-ons stop working? There is no need to worry about this. All you just need is to reinstall the add-ons.
- Remove the already installed addons from your TV and install them again!
Here is a way to install the Addons on your Fire TV:
- Go to the Settings.
- Look for the application from the menu and open it.
- Scroll down and select Manage installed application.
- Click on Launch application, and from the sidebar go to the Updates.
- From the page, select the update to the latest version.
- Click on Install, after the installation Kodi starts launching.
- Select Addons from the menu.
- All the downloaded addons automatically start updating.
Note: For the Addons update, ensure that your device is connected to the good internet.
Hence, the Fire TV Guru Build won’t work when the installation process is not carried out the correct way or when the Fire Device is not connected to the internet. The solution always revolves around a clean installation and checking all other aspects.
Now that we’ve learned why Fire TV Guru not working and how to solve the problem in no time, we can enjoy our favorite shows on our Fire TV/stick.
In case the problem is persistent, make sure that you haven’t skipped any of our solutions!
We strongly recommend using Atlas VPN when installing platforms from unknown sources such as the Fire TV Guru.
This will keep you safe and allow you access to locally restricted sources.
- Blink Live View Not Supported? – Complete Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- Chefman Electric Kettle Won’t Turn On? – Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- How to Fix Nanit Night Vision Not Working? – Complete Fix! - December 3, 2022