Wondering why is your Feit Floodlight camera offline? Keep reading!
The Feit Floodlight camera makes your home lightning with a flexible security system. In both daylight and nighttime, it records in high quality.
Sometimes the camera might get disconnected, therefore be offline until further notice.
Let’s learn more about the problem, shall we?
When the Feit Floodlight camera shows offline, the reason could be a poor internet connection, a change in the network settings, and a loss of power. The solution includes addressing each of the possibilities until the problem is revealed and solved.
Let’s next learn more about the reasons why your Feit Floodlight camera is offline!
Why Feit Electric Floodlight Security Camera Offline?
Your camera does not work and shows offline when it gets a poor internet connection or has no power supply.
Also, when the camera is out of range of the WiFi then it is unable to connect to the app, therefore won’t function as expected.
Here are some of the most frequent causes for a Feit Floodlight Camera to be offline:
1. Power Issue
If your camera is not getting enough power or no power supply due to the damaged socket or AC circuit breaker being off.
In this case, the camera won’t be able to even turn ON.
2. Internet Problem!
Poor internet strength/connection will prevent the camera from working.
Usually, it happens when Wi-Fi is not in range of your camera, there’s a problem with the network, or the router’s having any issues.
The device-app connection is what makes the camera online!
3. Out-of-Range Connection
The 2.4GHz router bandwidth covers 300 feet outdoors and 150 feet indoors.
If your camera is set up outside of this area, then your camera is incapable of getting a signal from the router and will often disconnect, hence going offline.
Also, the 5Ghz Network Broadband is not supported.
4. Changes in Wi-Fi Network
Any change in the network name or WiFi password might have disconnected the Feit application from the internet, therefore the camera appears offline.
Users need to manually reconnect the app to the WiFi for the camera to become online!
Let’s next jump straight into the solutions and solve the problem in a matter of minutes!
How To Get Feit Camera Back Online? – Ultimate Guide
It’s now time to proceed with the solutions that will help you get the Feit Floodlight camera online in a matter of minutes.
What’s important is to follow the order of our solution guide not only to solve the problem but also to identify what’s causing the problem in the first place!
Let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Configure Your Internet Connection
A Feit camera needs a good internet connection to operate properly.
But if your camera is already connected to the Wi-Fi, then there may be other internet issues responsible for the offline state of your camera.
Here are the important steps. Follow each of them:
- Make sure the network you used may have 2.4GHz bandwidth.
- The Feit Floodlight camera can’t connect to a 5Ghz frequent WiFi.
- If you have changed your Wi-Fi password, re-enter the password.
- Check that your camera is in your router range radius.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi has at least 2 signal bars to operate the camera properly.
- Do a power cycle on your router by unplugging it from the power source!
- Check that all the wires are properly plugged in and the router has all green lights.
- Connect the Feit Floodlight Home App to the WiFi.
The final and most important step is to test your WiFi by connecting to another device!
Tip: Don't forget to power cycle your camera by unplugging it from the power source for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.
Solution #2 Update Feit Camera Firmware
Most of the time, whenever a new version is released, some services drop out of support on the outdated Feit Camera Firmware.
Perhaps that’s the reason why the camera appears offline even when it’s connected to the WiFi. In that regard, we need to check for an update!
Here is a way to update firmware by using the app:
- Open the Feit Home App mobile application.
- Go to the Profile, and there will be a list of connected devices to your profile.
- Look for your Feti Floodlight Camera device and tap on it.
- Scroll down the menu and select About
- Next select, Firmware Update.
It will take some minutes to download the Software Update but when the firmware is applied, make sure to reconnect the camera to the WiFi from the app.
It should now be “online”!
Note: Double-check if your WiFi/internet is currently active!
Solution #3 Reinstall The Feit Electric App
Perhaps the Feit floodlight camera offline issue appears because of an outdated app.
However, updating or reinstalling the app is the better way to resolve this problem.
It’s important to know that a reinstallation clears the App Data and Cache, which leads to ALL data being lost.
Here is a way to reinstall the Feit Floodlight Camera Home application:
- On iOS hold the App Icon until it starts to jiggle and hit the “X” mark.
- On Android go to Settings > Storage > App > Feit Home App > Delete.
- Go to the Play Store or App Store according to your mobile operating system.
- Search for the Feit electric camera app and install the app.
- After the installation, set up your camera device with the mobile app.
- Make sure to have a good internet connection throughout this procedure.
Alert: If you use third-party applications for your Feit camera, then uninstall the app and switch to Feit Electric App to avoid any disturbance with the device.
Solution #4 Reconnect Camera To The App
If your device is already connected with the app and has a good internet connection but still showing offline, then try to connect your device to the app by using EZ mode.
This will establish an immediate and automatic connection where not much input is required.
Here is a way to connect the camera Using EZ Mode
- Open the Feit app, click on the + button from the top right corner or click on Add Device.
- From the side menu, select Security and Cameras.
- Then select a Floodlight Camera.
- From the top right, select three dots and tap EZ mode.
- Next press the Confirm button.
- You will see a light blinking from the camera indicator.
- If the light is not blinking, then press the reset button for 10 seconds.
- You will hear an audible tone.
- Then enter your internet password there.
- As the camera connects, its indicator light turns blue.
Tip: For the time being you can share a hotspot from your mobile device to test connecting the Feit Floodlight Camera.
Solution #5 Factory Reset Your Camera
There may be a chance that there is a software-related glitch with the device.
That means that a hard reset won’t be able to help and we need to use more powerful solutions!
The best working and proven method to deal with any software complications are the Factory Reset.
This method will refresh ALL services and hopefully will bring your Feit Camera Online!
Here is a way to do a factory reset on your Feit Floodlight camera:
- Remove the cover from the camera side by using the small screwdriver.
- The small screwdriver is included in the package.
- After removing the cover, you will see a Reset button.
- Press the reset button for 20 seconds until you hear an audible tone.
- After resetting, a blue light starts blinking from the light indicator.
Now you need to carry out the initial setup to connect the Feit Camera to the app.
When this is ready, you should be able to see that your camera is now Online! Good Luck!
Read Next: How Do I Get My Arlo Camera Back Online?
You can solve your Feit camera offline problem by connecting the device through the app to a 2.4GHz WiFi and making sure that you’ve got a good internet connection. Check that all the power supply wires are plugged in properly and update the Feit Camera and app to the latest firmware version available.
In this guide, we have discussed many solutions to the Feit floodlight camera offline problem.
We’ve learned that the solution revolves around the internet/WiFi connectivity and that to solve the problem we’ll need to address each and every possibility.
Found this post helpful? Let us know!
- Geeni Camera Offline and Worried? – Easy Solutions - March 21, 2023
- VTech Baby Monitor Not Connecting? – Learn How to Fix - March 21, 2023
- How to Add Arlo to HomeKit? – Complete Steps - March 21, 2023